A friend in need.

Wow, what a story! I have to say I would advise medical help too, especially as a locksmith you are unable to help get him out. 

Surely it is best to get checked out too, make sure all is ok after being locked up for so long. 

So another vote for a hospital here! 

What an awful thing for her to do! I would go to the emergency room now and let them handle it. I’m sure they’ve handled similar problems in the past. He may have an infection at this point due to the amount of time he’s been in there so it’s best to have a professional check him over anyway.

If this is a real problem and you haven't worked out how to get yourself out of a CB6000, then yes hospital asap.

Hi guys and girls just to update you all. Drew wouldn’t let me take him to A&E last night however thankfully this morning my expansion gel arrived (wasn’t due till tomorrow). Did the trick and cracked the padlock open easily.

Drew is catching up on some sleep and my brother is taking him to hospital this afternoon.

thanks for your support.

Oh well done, hope everything's ok later for him

McGeiver would find some liquid nitrogen and pour it on the lock making it super cold and brittle. Then it's just a tap with a hammer to shatter it, easy!

HEALTH WARNING!,, When pouring the liquid nitrogen be careful not to spill any on your friends togger as it will make him stiff but not in a good way! Best of luck

That’s why I didn’t use that option just in case.

Glad to hear he is now out! Hope his trip to Hospital gets him comfortable later. Let us know how he gets on :)

Ok here's what you need to do if this happens to you...

The lock is held in place by a plastic o on the middle prong. Ignore the lock and break that - it won't offer a lot of resistance since it's really not very thick.

Hello all.Poor chap in one of those all this time.

I've had a look at one of these devices on the internet and I can't see why a small pair of bolt cutters cannot release this poor fella.

Or,as already suggested a dremmal (or similar)with a small thin cutting disc.

Hope he gets sorted soon.

Does anyone else think this was a wind up ?

The damn thing is plastic not wrought iron !

I’m aware of what’s it’s made of having previously owned one. However Drew was reluctant for me to get any where near him. The closest I could get was the padlock. I did point out breaking the pins would be easier. It took him long enough to come to me with the problem as it was.