A new use

On the way home from a weekend break, we popped into a place in the Highlands for a cuppa. It had a quirky sort of building selling curios of old and some antique stuff. Stumbled across an old rattan carpet beater. Its striking surface area was smaller than the usual type, about the size of an open hand. Actually in very good condition.

My OH saw me take it down to have a better look. She knew exactly what I was thinking and said, “ OK, just buy it”. A snip at £10. When we got home she picked it up, smiled and told me that I would get a taster at bed time. True to her word, she warmed me up with a paddle, and then proceeded to give me six on each cheek plus six in the middle.

I have a fair pain threshold but, for the first time ever I had to call a halt. It was wonderfully painful. Looking forward to another session, after a bigger warm up next time. Great acquisition. Anyone had a similar experience in discovering a new use for an old item or incorporate everyday things to spice things up ?

Ratan carpet beaters are somewhat popular among those that love and experiment impact play! ;) Personally, I'd rather buy a new instead of a second-hand one (for sanitary reasons.)

Other ''innocent'' items are of course clothes pins and rubber bands, as well as bamboo sticks (tie a bunch of them together, use them for sensory play), wooden spoon handles, wooden cutting boards (the kinds that have a handle)... Almost anything can be used for some kind of bdsm play!

Smultron wrote:

Ratan carpet beaters are somewhat popular among those that love and experiment impact play! ;) Personally, I'd rather buy a new instead of a second-hand one (for sanitary reasons.)

Other ''innocent'' items are of course clothes pins and rubber bands, as well as bamboo sticks (tie a bunch of them together, use them for sensory play), wooden spoon handles, wooden cutting boards (the kinds that have a handle)... Almost anything can be used for some kind of bdsm play!

Didn’t realise these were still available new. Thought they were relics of the past. Thanks for the info Smultron.