A Word of Caution for FitBit Wearers

So for various reasons I use two different methods of measuring my footsteps, a pedometer in my pocket and a wrist-worn Fitbit.

Well, this morning after a short walk (arounf 2000 steps on both devices) I decided I needed a little me time shall we say. 5 minutes later deed done, the pocket device no change, wrist-worn device 2000 extra steps.

So if you are doing a work week challenge, be aware.

😂😂😂

It's a great way to get fit anyway! And more fun than walking!!

I'll have to question my OH if she starts bragging about how many 'steps' she's taken in her busy, active day!

That is so funny ![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif)

Haha, yes. I noticed I went for a 16 minute walk about 1am on Saturday morning. I was definitely not walking. Need to change a letter LOL!

The worse part is you need 10 minutes plus before Fitbit recognizes it as an exercise routine

Hahaha! Yes I also had this the other day when I got my weekly report there was odd "walks" being logged at strange times when I was definitely at home in bed 😉

Beware FitBit-eers! I thought this may be a warning about something else:

Certain models are prone to overheating, or the material leaving a funky burn like rash on the wearer's wrist.
If this happens and you contact them, you can get your pennies back though! :)

Just an FYI ^-^

I don't have one, but I've heard of people using it to graph their heart rate during sex. Maybe a measure of how excited they got, how long it lasted or how vigorous it was!

Bearjamin wrote:

I don't have one, but I've heard of people using it to graph their heart rate during sex. Maybe a measure of how excited they got, how long it lasted or how vigorous it was!

When I first got my Heart Rate Monitor I was tempted to wear it during sex but it has a chest strap which doesn't look/feel remotely sexy so I didn't bother but I'd love to know what my BPM is at such times.

I totally love my Fitbit (it helped me lose almost 5 stone!) but it can be mildly disconcerting when you're mid-under covers activity and the damn thing buzzes to tell you you need to do some more steps. Like, excuse me, I'm busy here!