Achy Testicles

Hi all, a number of years ago i had the snip and everything was fine until a couple of years ago when my bits started to ache. Six months ago i went to the doctors and i was told it was a flair up of scare tissue and it would go away (it didn't), so now it hurts even more where i have to cross my legs tight to try and control the pain, i have been to yet another doctor who says i have a build up of fluid so on the 20th of this month i have to go for a scan. In the past the only way i found to releave the pain was through sex or playing with myself, but now neither of these help to much. I was just wondering if anyone else has beem through this and if so what the out come was

Thanks

Hi Ian, sorry to read about your discomfort and I can only guess at how distressing it must be.

I cant help sorry, other than to say that I am disapointed to see your doctor setting a scan so far away. :(

If the pain gets too bad you could try an ambulance or A&E? Doctors have an obligation to deal wth your physical pain!

Hi Ian.

Have you told your gp about needing to relieve the ache through masturbation? Do sometimes feel like you need to go to the toilet or have a pain in the buttocks, thigh or knee and these are only down one side? It could be prostate problems. I imagine your gp may have mentioned these fella. How old are you if you don't mind me asking?

SG

Doh! Ian 1968!
Just read your name properly, 44 then.

Just wanted to know if you were a younger man as it most probably wouldn't be prostate and usually isn't even at your age but nowadays these problems to occur in younger men. A mate of mine from work who's 36 has an "achy" prostate/testicles and has had to go in twice now to have his prostate massaged under anaesthetic and some medication. He was in/out within hours.

Hope you get it sorted Ian.

SG

Hi i would go back and ask for some decent pain killers, you should not be in pain. I agree with SG it does sound like it could be prostate trouble, i hope you get it sorted quickly x

Hi Ian, i had a problem of this sort about 2 years ago, very swollen,tender and heavy testicle. Doctor diagnosed a HYDROCELE. This is a build up of fluid in the testicle. He sent me for a scan,altho i got an appointment within 2 days, boy, i know how you are suffering if you are having to wait until the 20th. Doc then precribed antibiotics and within 48hrs had started to reduce and become pain free. All i could do before my diagnosis was co-codamol and ibruprofen for the pain. Hope this helps mate and best of luck.

I got a simlar problem, ones smaller then the other, and th small one can real ach!!! But I never see any doctor because I hate them all!!!!

as long I can see and walk and move my hands I am fine!

alwayssingle:( wrote:

I got a simlar problem, ones smaller then the other, and th small one can real ach!!! But I never see any doctor because I hate them all!!!!

You should not feel uncomfortable or embarrassed about discussing such matters with your physician, they will have seen it all before.

If the doctor finds anything wrong then an early diagnosis is never a bad thing and could result in a simple treatment such as antibiotics. If they discover that everything is well then your mind will be at ease and you will likely feel happier as a result, surely that is a win/win situation.

hornster wrote:

alwayssingle:( wrote:

This is not a sensible attitude. Pain and/ or swelling(s) in the bollicular area should be checked out as a matter of urgency. You may hate doctors but better to see one than die from a condition that could have been treated if caught early enough.

H

Oh I am sure it be alright, I am covered on a life insurance policy! If anything did happen to me, I rather crawl on my hands and knees down the M5 to bristol A&E then be treated in weston hospital FACT!