Adam and Eve

Hi there

Anybody know about Adam and Eve sex toys? I bought one the other day without really thinking about what it was made from, I've done a few searches online, but cannot find any info. What made me wonder is that when I got it out it really smells very strong and I dont want to stick things in me that a bad...

Gym

some jelly materials can smell bad.z

have you tried washing it? or using it with a strong condom will stop the nastyness.

I have a silicone toy. Was fine smell wise... Can you be more specific about what toy it is?

I have the Adam and Eve Curvy G-spot Dildo and have no problem with smell.Also I shouldnt think Love Honey would sell anything that would cause any harm by using it =)

As SL said, washing it a few times can get rid of the smell (at least partially). Try using a proper sex toy cleaner. I know someone on the forums used to soak their toys in warm water and tea tree essential oils as it is anti-bacterial and apparently very good at getting rid of unwanted smells. It does depend on the material though x

I didn't buy if from LH only because they dont sell it (its a tripple header butt plug, not to be confused with 3 bangs in yer butt although its similar) I have washed it a few times, and although the smell is reduced, its still quite smelly.

Try leaving your toy out of its box, toybox or bag for a couple of days (if that's possible) and also wash it at least 4-5 times (using anti-bacterial soap, warm water or toy cleaner spray). This should reduce the smell.

Hy Gymskirtboy - I know the toy. I'll check with the suppliers and get confirmation on the material. It is Rubber so it is possible that it will contain Latex that can cause the odour and also possibly phalates. I will have an answer later today. It's quite an old toy in their range. I know the manufacturers and all of the new toys in the range are both latex and phalate free. Adam & Eve are a great range so please don't be put off by this one.

Thankyou Bonny, its appreciated!

Gym

she's just good at her job thankfully

I know this may sound weird, but i have heard of people getting good cleaning and smell free results after putting their toys in a dishwasher. (assuming no electronics of course)

I havent tried it myself, heavens knows what the mrs would say if she opened it to find it stuffed with toys! But anyway i'm not sure i'd risk it for fear of damaging them.

I'd bet some toys would surive will no ill effects at all, but perhaps others not so well, depending on the material.
Has anyone tried this - If so with what materials?

Generally, the air circulation is good, you've got to get the stuff out of the toy, and a lot of it only goes away by eveaporation.

So, if you and your neighbours have strong nerves , you can hang them out on the washing line!

..depending on how cool your neighbours really are

ha ha looks godd one i love to see the looks from my neighbours

meant to say good one

HotWings wrote:

I know this may sound weird, but i have heard of people getting good cleaning and smell free results after putting their toys in a dishwasher. (assuming no electronics of course)

I havent tried it myself, heavens knows what the mrs would say if she opened it to find it stuffed with toys! But anyway i'm not sure i'd risk it for fear of damaging them.

I'd bet some toys would surive will no ill effects at all, but perhaps others not so well, depending on the material.
Has anyone tried this - If so with what materials?

I guess it also depends on the material. The heat from a dishwasher can damage some plastics (I have a certain now rather crackled effect jug in mind). I'd imagine it's OK with glass but some materials might be iffy.

I have an Adam and Eve medical grade silicone dong that is dishwasher safe - best to check the packaging first though - if it makes no mention it's probably not worth the risk!

Adx