After care after sex

I was just curious as to what you all do after sex?

Obviously there is the cleanup, but what after that? Do you just get up and carry on about your day as if nothing happened or is there more to it? Cuddling? Spooning?

For me if we have had a rather "heavy" session, spanking, name calling, hair pulling etc etc I need intimacy and fussing afterwards, otherwise I usually end up feeling rubbish about myself. I know my OH loves me dearly and it's all in my head, but I always love the affection that follows. I love resting my head on his chest and laughing and talking about rubbish or showering together.

There have been occasions where again, it's been a very heavy session and the moment we've finished I just want him away from me and can't stand to be touched and just need my own space for a while. It doesn't happen all that often, though. When I've had flashbacks or thought over dealings with my first boyfriend, I would often cry afterwards, through no fault of my OH.

Do you think this kind of "aftercare" is missed sometimes? In my previous relationships this has always been a huge issue I've had with them, I felt pushed to the side and quite frankly, used.

Whats your post sex routine?

To be honest we don't have one.

Due to having young little ones we only have sex in the evenings once they are asleep. So generally we're asleep soon after, we will normally cuddle up or spoon for 10 mins before both turning over and dozing off. X

I am exactly the same!

I'll be honest though, I was always the one that used to roll over and go to sleep. When I was really messed up I used to send them to the free bedroom in my flat if they were determined to sleep over or kick them out entirely. It wasn't a great time in my life emotionally...

With my new partner we snuggle for at least 15 minutes after. AT LEAST. Normally I fall asleep on his chest with his dingle-dangle in my hand. Strangely sweet.

We are usually intimate in the evening also so similar to Jess, snuggle until we fall asleep.

Sadly he goes to his room staright after he cleans himself up. I go for my shower and back to bed. I miss the cuddles, the nice times after like laughing in each others arms, giggling. Sad!

It is what it is until I go....

Cuddling and I often rest my head on his chest... We hold hands and kiss each other, I like to run my hands over his chest too.

Cuddling and intimacy after sex is extremely important to me and helps strengthen our connection. I love running my hands over his skin afterwards, the skin-to-skin to contact is lovely. It makes me feel so warm, fuzzy and loved. Everytime we cuddle up after sex I feel so spoilt and loved, I'm reminded of how lucky I am.

me and my OH dont live together, we both live with our parents so we have to time when we do it to before they get home, so our routine is finish get dressed then cuddle- just in case someone comes home unexpectidly! but when we do it in the morning or early afternoon then we do cuddle, or we get straight up and play xbox in our underwear (depends what mood were in :P)

Aftercare is a neccesity for me if we've been doing some heavy bdsm with me as the sub, I love nothing more than for him to fuck me like he hates me, and then to clean me up afterwards, lay me on his lap, and wisper sweet nothings in my ear in a way that assures me that he loves me and will always look after me.

Although I must admit, quite often I've been known to fall asleep straight after or be so spaced out I can't talk or move. On occassion I hate being touched afterwards but that happens less often now. We almost always cuddle after, but mostly because he is such a softy! :P

If we have the house to ourselves stay naked and cuddle or take a shower together to clean off, if we don't have the house to ourselves we get dressed and cuddle/hold hands and watch a movie or something. It's become routine for me to towel dry his face afterwards as he gets really sweaty!

We usually just cuddle and fall asleep after. My OH likes it when I cup his balls as he finds it comforting, but that's about it.

NatandTom wrote:

If we have the house to ourselves stay naked and cuddle or take a shower together to clean off, if we don't have the house to ourselves we get dressed and cuddle/hold hands and watch a movie or something. It's become routine for me to towel dry his face afterwards as he gets really sweaty!

yeah my OH gets like that too! plus we use a good amount of lubrication when we have sex so when were finished we have to basically wipe down everything and everybody

Normally covered in baby oil and it does get abit messy so normally shower with eachother and then end up getting messy again

If I can I like to go straight to sleep. I agree about after a rougher session I need a bit of tlc though. My oh doesn't really get that. After sex he heads straight for the kitchen cupboards lol!

Got to love a rough dirty session after

Straight after our encounter, we have a cuddle with a bit of laughter, then I will need a drink, soft type.
Other wise I will get a serve headache, pressure of blood flow. Strange thing this sex, best exercise you can have, and more you work at it,the body reacts.

It depended on what kind of sex I had :3 with my ex if it was for the both of us, then we would usually snuggle and chat about stuff afterwards and then lay down together and watch a film.... but if it was sex for him, where I didn't really want it but I didn't want him to go without, because I wouldn't be in the mood and usually in the middle of something else, we'd just clean up and then go back to doing our own thing afterwards, for me that was usually reading a visual novel or playing something on playstation xD

One time we were in the middle of playing Borderlands 2 on PC, took a break to have sex and then went straight back to playing Borderlands 2 together xD that was the point when he said I was the best girlfriend in the world haha. Even though we're not together as boyfriend and girlfriend, we still game together and are good mates :3

sugarboobies2232 wrote:

I was just curious as to what you all do after sex?

Obviously there is the cleanup, but what after that? Do you just get up and carry on about your day as if nothing happened or is there more to it? Cuddling? Spooning?

For me if we have had a rather "heavy" session, spanking, name calling, hair pulling etc etc I need intimacy and fussing afterwards, otherwise I usually end up feeling rubbish about myself. I know my OH loves me dearly and it's all in my head, but I always love the affection that follows. I love resting my head on his chest and laughing and talking about rubbish or showering together.

There have been occasions where again, it's been a very heavy session and the moment we've finished I just want him away from me and can't stand to be touched and just need my own space for a while. It doesn't happen all that often, though. When I've had flashbacks or thought over dealings with my first boyfriend, I would often cry afterwards, through no fault of my OH.

Do you think this kind of "aftercare" is missed sometimes? In my previous relationships this has always been a huge issue I've had with them, I felt pushed to the side and quite frankly, used.

Whats your post sex routine?

I agree it depends on the routine. If the routine or role play involves a heavy spanking session (of which I still have some reservations about) I will give my wife a comforting cuddle to reassure her that I still very much love her and everything is all right. I will usually cover her in a robe as well to keep her warm. I will then start tidying up and wash the implements clean the restraints etc.

After this we will normally shower together and then make love.Then we will clean ourselves up again and then go to bed with our arms wrapped around each other.

It's not much different if we did a skin sensual routine, again it would be me who cleans the toys and again we would shower together and then cuddle together in bed.

Those are our normal routines.

If we started downstairs then it's usually the Mrs who goes on a clothes retrieval mission whilst I would be cleaning the toys.

Always go to the toilet. I am terrified of any downstairs related infections!!

Then we play the game of 'who is going to get the glass of water because we are thirsty' and cuddle.

Oh I forgot about the toilet! I always do that too.

Like others, it depends on what kind of sex session we have and obivously where we have had it lol

If it's somewhere that isn't the usual or I give him a treat whilst he's driving then it's definitely just carry on as usual with us both smirking knowing what we've been doing.

Most of the time though it's cuddle up, lay on his chest, talk rubbish and laugh. Also, depending on where we've had sex we'll stay naked for a bit whilst cuddling .... feels nice and intimate still and also helps you to cool down as well if it's been a bit steamy!!