Age difference

One partner was 21 years older than me.

Another 11 years older.

The relationship I'm in now is serious and he's only four years older. Having said that, I've always had a more mature outlook on things and he's the same. It really does depend on the person and the aspects of your personality that add up.

I can be in the mood for a good night out or a party but at the same time love an evening at home with a film and a cuddle on the sofa. I've just found over the years, particularly when I was younger, that not all guys of my age could understand why I'd want a night in.

Then there are things like music taste and culture in general. For the most part younger guys are not always in to galleries and history and I have a bit of a geeky side. So, horses for courses.

My ex was 21 years older then me, I was 21 and he was 42. We got the stares everywhere we went. It didn't bother either of us at all because we loved each other. We were together 5 years but I left when he stopped wanting to do anything other tha just sit in the house. The age difference definitely stared to coe between us as we both wanted different things. I look back now and think what the hell was I thinking lol.

My current partner is 11 years older than me. I'm now 33 and he is 44. It's much better suited and he is young for his age. I prefer older men as I find them more mature.

I don't think age gaps particularly matter as long as nobody is being taken advantage of and both parties are happy.

There isn't too much of a gap between myself and my hubby. He is a year and a half older than me. :)

EveN in the past I have preferred my partners to be at the very least the same age as me but have been drawn to folks much older, 20years older or so. Infact as a teenager I was only attracted to people much older than me. But I think that is something most girls go through as we see guys our age at that point as boys. And what we want is men!

However, as i've gotten older the age gaps got smaller because guys my age or only a couple years older were no longer boys.

I have never been attracted to guys younger than me. I mean, ofcourse I can see when somebody is attractive to the eye, even great company.. But, the fact they are younger than me always ended up being the thing that losty interest.

6 years between my fiance and me. Im 25 in a few months, and he's just turned 30. Makes 0 difference to us. We are so in tuned to eachother and worship the ground eachother walks on. That's all that matters.

My other half is 8 years older than me, and I don't see that as much of an age gap really! I'm not really aware of it to be honest, although I think sometimes he feels old when we get together with my uni friends etc...some of whom are still trying to live the "student life".

OH is 9 years older than me....have always had a thing for an older man

There isn't much of an age difference between me and my husband but it wouldn't bother me if there was. An ex was 8 years older than me and I didn't think anything of it.

I've always dated older women from 44 to 54 I prefer older women age is just a number

Age difference becomes more apparent as you get older, when I was 25, I dated a 40 year old and that was all good. Fast forward 5 years and there was still a lot I wanted to do, but she was getting ready to wind down a bit. Up to 10 years difference and you'll probably stay compatible a lot longer, more than that and, well, you just age quicker the older you get if that makes sense.

Having said that, I'm 43 and my OH now is 35 so, I guess I'll just have to wait and see! I'm not ready for pipe and slippers just yet.....

My bff has 18 yrs between her abd oh and very happy... ive had an age gap of 23 before when you I was much younger ... sex was amazing as taught me lots but conversation boring lol x lasted 3 months

There is a 20 year age gap between me and my partner (me 26 and him 46 this year).

Fortunatley friends and family have been supportive of us and can see that age is just a number. Strangers though, well I'm not sure as I have never noticed but I'm sure a few people probably 'look' without us realising but it doesn't matter. Only me and my partner know how we feel about each other so thats all that counts.

There is a 16 year age gap between me and my partner he is the only person I have ever been with the age gap works for us but I have no experience of dating someone closer to my age, I was the one that chased him and 10 years later we are still happy x

Age is just a number if your happy then go with it ... Xxxx

Totally agree age is just a number. If it feels right and your happy then go for it. You only live once so live it how you like x

Nearly 5 years between myself and my partner. We are probably among the oldest LoveHoney customers ha ha. I am 55 and he is 60 and we still feel young (Mostly) We have a fantastic relationship and he is the love of my life, can't imagine not being together even though we have only known each other for a few years.

My fiancé and I have a 14 year age gap in our relationship. I'll soon turn 28 and he's 42. The age gappresents no problems for us and we never really give it any thought. We've been settled for almost 8 years now (knew each other for 4 years previous) we're totally devoted to one another, love being in each others company, we have two beautiful children together and I can't wait to become his wife one day. :)

I think as long as your happy but there is an issue when a 12 year old goes out with a 16 year old for example it depends on age i say as soon as your hitting twenties the age gap doesnt seem to be much of an issue especailly because your in your twenties and partners in his 30s its not that dramatic but if there where a 14 year gap between a 16 year old and thier partner i can see why people would be cautious about these kind of relationships

To me it can also be an issue if people have children from previous relationships. For example I would not date a much younger man who was closer in age to my child. But I am not judging others, just food for thought.

I also think many younger women are attracted to older men for maturity sake, especially here in the states.

To all of you here much hapiness regardless of age, I dont see this as contorversial at all but an interesting thread.

My ex-wife and I met when she was 18 in college I was an older student we got together at first as friends then when she turned 21 we began a relationship after 8 years she planned our wedding without telling me... we married and for 10 years were extremeley happy. from our relationship we have two great little boys sadly she decided to leave us I tell you this because there was a 20 year age difference I loved her and still do love her very much and I miss her every day why she left I will never know. While we were together people did stare we did hear bad remarks but we ignored the biggots we were happy. I always said "age is for tomb stones" As long as you are happy din't let the morons get you down.

My ex-wife and I met when she was 18 in college I was an older student we got together at first as friends then when she turned 21 we began a relationship after 8 years she planned our wedding without telling me... we married and for 10 years were extremeley happy. from our relationship we have two great little boys sadly she decided to leave us I tell you this because there was a 20 year age difference I loved her and still do love her very much and I miss her every day why she left I will never know. While we were together people did stare we did hear bad remarks but we ignored the biggots we were happy. I always said "age is for tomb stones" As long as you are happy din't let the morons get you down.