Am I the only one?

Reading through the fascinating and entertaining threads on here, it seems that the vast majority of people here are in long term relationships. This is fantastic, it fills me with joy that couples can find such pleasure with each other and openly bring toys and kinks into their together time, a very positive sign of the changing times.

I’m single, by choice and very happy that way, but take great pleasure in buying new things from Lovehoney and exploring my own pleasure, on my own, for me.

Is this still frowned upon and seen as “weird” and “sad”, especially for a guy, or are there other single folk here who feel the same way? Are others here happy to buy toys and things from Lovehoney, not at all as a means to fill a gap or to replace the lack of a partner to enjoy sex with, but purely to explore their own sexuality and pleasure?

Just curious, I’m old and comfortable enough in myself to accept this about me, and relish it, just wondering if it’s common or am I in the minority?

7 Likes

Sounds perfectly normal to me. :+1:

1 Like

Not sad, or weird. Perfectly normal and healthy :wink:

2 Likes

If you’re happy that’s all that matters :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I’ve explored my own pleasure very satisfactorily in the past and if I found myself on my own in the future that’s probably what I’d do.

3 Likes

You’re definitely not alone! I’m single and that’s my default state lol. I don’t think I bought any toys at all whilst I was actually in a relationship. Everything I buy is for me and my sexuality and exploration.

5 Likes

I don’t see it as weird at all. Sounds pretty healthy if anything. Although I’m in a relationship I spend a lot of time getting pleasure from my toys completely on my own.

4 Likes

perfectly normal lots of people are happy on their own

2 Likes

I think there’s nothing wrong with it. Even though I’m in a relationship, I masturbate with toys way more often than I have sex with my partner.

4 Likes

Weird doesn’t exist
Everyone is individual and special

2 Likes

Sounds like a good thing, when we were single I’d explore my own body now I’m with people I know what feels good and communicate that with my partners which makes sex even better it’s always attractive when my partner knows what makes them tick too

2 Likes

@newbie_analyst As long as it is legal and offending no one else who cares what you get up to or how you choose to explore your own pleasure.I am fairly certain you will not find anybody on this forum who thinks it is either weird or sad and if they are not on this forum then there opinion does not matter (only joking).So just buy what you like and enjoy. :wink: :+1:

3 Likes

Hi
Nothing wrong with a bit of self love :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
If you are happy then that’s all that matters.
Take care and have a great evening xx

3 Likes

Yup, totally normal! I’m single. Probs known as the single crazy cat lady, but do I care? No. I have always loved toys and experimenting and finding my absolute edge. If I want a bit of company (sexual or just wanting a bit of a cuddle), I have enough friends or FWB that I can call upon. Embrace your single lifestyle. It’s your time!

4 Likes

My husband spends months away from home each year. Hes just said loads of the guys take toys with them or even get them delivered whilst out and about.

It’s not strange at all, it’s healthy to be happy.

3 Likes

Perfectly normal, i’m not long term partnered but do have a boyfriend and we both were using toys before each other and still use them now. Sometimes together sometimes not etc.

Exploring your self and trying things you like on your own is great thing to do.

Honestly I view masturbation with toys as one of the best self care things you can do.

2 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: What are you currently doing?

It’s absolutely normal and you’re definitely not the only one! I’m also single and most of the toys I use are for solo play, exploring my sexuality and own pleasure. I understand where you’re coming from as “marriage” or “long term relationship” is always the assumed goal to achieve by society, and lots of us just don’t have that same want or need and are perfectly happy single!

2 Likes

What is ‘normal’? Sounds perfectly fine to me, to do things which make you happy

2 Likes

Sounds like a great idea to me, and a lot of people here are single too or feel the same as you - you don’t need a partner to have fun! :grin:

2 Likes