Any ideas? Any circumcised men here?

I have been with my fiance for nearly 4 and a half years. He had a problem with his foreskin tearing (a few of years before I met him) and at the doctor's advice had a late circumcision.

He said that shortly afterwards he was incredibly sensitive (too much so!) but eventually the sensation deadened and ever since then he has been experiencing problems, if we use even the tiniest too much lube he literally can't feel anything and he has never since been able to cum twice in one day, because 2nd time around the sensation is not hightened enough. He also has the problem now that if we don't have sex for a few days for whatever reason, he goes back to only lasting about a minute.

Is there anything we can do to help this situation?

Not really as far as I am aware however some circumcision advocates dispute it causes a lose of sensation and would just put it down to the individual.

In the part of the foreskin that is removed there are thousands of fine touch nerve endings that are highly sensitive, if they are removed sensation in that part is obviously lost, the tip of the penis can also become less sensitive because it then loses what effectively is a protective cover.

It should however be noted that many men who have them for similar reasons are delighted with the result.

The shame is that there are non medical procedures that some people report as successful, such as stretching but obviously these only work before circumcision. It is unfortunate all the option were not discussed with your OH before he took this decision.

Perhaps if you check out a specific circumcision forum there may be some better answers and management techniques that will aid you. There may be some information on the following page that is useful.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_effects_of_circumcision

I had an ex boyfriend who was circumcised, and he couldn't cum whilst wearing a condom, except with me. I'm not sure whether that was because I am rather tight and it just heightened the sensation enough. Although he did use to say that when we had sex without condoms (i have an IUD) if I was too wet then he couldn't feel anything at all.

I'm not sure if there is anything you can do to heighten the sensation for him, maybe by using a heating/cooling lube or something. Other than that you might just have to only have sex once a day, which kind of sucks, and not in a good way!

I hope things get better x

WandA wrote:

Not really as far as I am aware however some circumcision advocates dispute it causes a lose of sensation and would just put it down to the individual.

In the part of the foreskin that is removed there are thousands of fine touch nerve endings that are highly sensitive, if they are removed sensation in that part is obviously lost, the tip of the penis can also become less sensitive because it then loses what effectively is a protective cover.

It should however be noted that many men who have them for similar reasons are delighted with the result.

The shame is that there are non medical procedures that some people report as successful, such as stretching but obviously these only work before circumcision. It is unfortunate all the option were not discussed with your OH before he took this decision.

Perhaps if you check out a specific circumcision forum there may be some better answers and management techniques that will aid you. There may be some information on the following page that is useful.External Media

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_effects_of_circumcisio

Hey WandA where did you read about that? My OH has a tight foreskin, he always has but won't go to the GP as he doesn't want to be circumcised x

Ilovemyman wrote:

WandA wrote:

Perhaps if you check out a specific circumcision forum there may be some better answers and management techniques that will aid you. There may be some information on the following page that is useful.External Media

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_effects_of_circumcisio

Hey WandA where did you read about that? My OH has a tight foreskin, he always has but won't go to the GP as he doesn't want to be circumcised x

Check out that link and have a google search, it's everywhere.External Media

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phimosis#Management

There are a few different options available including slits instead of removing anything. He should have no qualms seeing a GP but asking if other treatment is available.

Thanks i'll have a look at that x

That was never even mentioned to my other half, I am sure he would have explored that avenue! He is the same with condoms, we hardly ever use them as I am on the pill and we are in a stable relationship and would both be happy if there was an accident with the pregnancy control. He is fine with my natural lubrication but extra lube is basitcally a nono.

I will go onto a cicumcision forum and ask there to see if they have any ideas, it doesn't bother me that much although I would love to go more than once a day but it really does bother him as 'the mind is willing'!

As far as I am aware, stretching should always be recommended before circumcision.

telemachus wrote:

As far as I am aware, stretching should always be recommended before circumcision.

My cousin is 6 and has had infections in his penis which causes his foreskin to become enflamed and painful, and even causes him to become halucinogenic (sp)

he has been told that if he gets another one he will have to be circumcised, they haven't mentioned anything else and have only ever given him anti-biotics to make the infections go.

i'm not knowledgable on things like this and wondering if i should mention this to his mum? at least to talk to the doctor about

VW x

It may be just an adjustment issue. Takes time, not getting used to it,etc. But if he is having sexual difficulty maybe he should get it checked out to be on the safe side.

This is a problem my bf has so he went to the doctors then was refered to sexual health clinic and he was told to think about circumcision but was offered no other options when he said he wasn't keen so i am glad i read this thanks guys : )

Apparently stretching is rather time consuming and I honestly don't have any evidence beyond the personal statements of a few people but there may be evidence out there to find and there are plenty of anti-circ forums where it is practiced along with foreskin restoration that should be able to offer tips.

Vampyre - It is more tricky with children as the foreskins of young boys are generally non-retractable. As they get older they become able to pull them back but many children of that age still have tight foreskins that you cannot pull back and if the balanitis is recurring and significant, they may well just circumcise.

Ilovemyman wrote:

WandA wrote:

From personal experience, it works =].

telemachus wrote:

Vampyre - It is more tricky with children as the foreskins of young boys are generally non-retractable. As they get older they become able to pull them back but many children of that age still have tight foreskins that you cannot pull back and if the balanitis is recurring and significant, they may well just circumcise.

Thanks, i just read it and thought ooh is this something i should mention to his mum!

i am going to tell her to have a word about ANY other possible treatments first though!

VW x

Vampyrewillow wrote:

telemachus wrote:

Thanks, i just read it and thought ooh is this something i should mention to his mum!

i am going to tell her to have a word about ANY other possible treatments first though!

VW x

Due to the ease of circumcision it is often the first point of call, something that angers me personally as the later sexual effects are poorly understood. However for some people it really may be the best course of action, I've not spent ages on the topic but perhaps these are worth a look at:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medical_analysis_of_circumcision#Balanitis (Last paragraph recommends only as last resort)

http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/menshealth/facts/balanitis.htm (List some other treatments)

WandA wrote:

Vampyrewillow wrote:

telemachus wrote:

VW x

Due to the ease of circumcision it is often the first point of call, something that angers me personally as the later sexual effects are poorly understood. However for some people it really may be the best course of action, I've not spent ages on the topic but perhaps these are worth a look at:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medical_analysis_of_circumcision#Balanitis (Last paragraph recommends only as last resort)

http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/menshealth/facts/balanitis.htm (List some other treatments)

Yes - you should always ask about other options first just in case.

Here's a charity I've given to before, it's a pro-choice organisation and has loads of useful info on it's pages:

http://www.norm-uk.org/

http://www.norm-uk.org/circumcision_alternative_treatments.html

http://www.norm-uk.org/phimosis_clinical_guidelines.html

I hope this helps a few people.

I knew someone who had problems in his early teens and tried the stretching techniques (he was too scared to go to the Doctors and didn't want to get circumcised either) and they worked- he said it took a little patience but has had no problems since then whatsoever.

I'm not really sure what advice to offer you though Smurf. Have you experimented with different types of lubes or male toys that may heighten his sensation?