Any Ladies Doing "IT" Today?

Since it's the 29th of February, i was wondering if any of our Lovehoney ladies are planning to go down... on one knee today and pop the question to their other half?

No, think he would run a mile and I am happy with the way things are

so why change it?

xGGx

Lock the doors+windows first GG! ;) x

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo runs away real fast lol

A friend of mine was proposed to today, he said yes which is nice (she definatly wears the trousers so not really a suprise)

Ladies don't do it! This is the worse day ever for a bloke (glad its only every 4 years), Firstly I don't understand why in the world we live in today its still traditional for women to ask once every 4 years and on one day? & secondly if he really wanted to get married, wouldn't he have asked you?

I had a few friends that have ask their men to marry them today over the years and it has never worked out well & most of the time ended in silence and arguments between them for the day, because the woman didn't hear the answer that she wanted.

If you going to ask the question ladies, don't stick to the '29th' rule and just ask him any time & be sure it is something he wants just as much.

If you do do it today, I hope I'm wrong and wish you all the luck though

Well i think I would of asked my OH to marry me today if he hadnt popped the question in August.

We talked about getting married and knew it was what we both wanted, but he wanted to save up for the perfect ring. So if he hadnt of asked me in August then I think I would of defo asked him to marry me today, to take the pressure off buying the perfect ring. However I'm so glad he asked me, something special and amazing about the proposal especially how my OH did it (i'm sure everyone feels that way about their proposal)

Anywho i digress somewhat. To any lovely lady asking their OH to marry them - good on you ladies! I wish you all the luck and hope it doesn't end badly (as tommy07 pointed out it has done for people he knows)

x x x

I'd never be able to ask him. I can get paranoid at times and if he said yes, I'd probably always wonder whether it was because he felt too awkward to say no and our whole marriage was based on that.

tommy07 wrote:

Ladies don't do it! This is the worse day ever for a bloke (glad its only every 4 years), Firstly I don't understand why in the world we live in today its still traditional for women to ask once every 4 years and on one day? & secondly if he really wanted to get married, wouldn't he have asked you?

I had a few friends that have ask their men to marry them today over the years and it has never worked out well & most of the time ended in silence and arguments between them for the day, because the woman didn't hear the answer that she wanted.

If you going to ask the question ladies, don't stick to the '29th' rule and just ask him any time & be sure it is something he wants just as much.

If you do do it today, I hope I'm wrong and wish you all the luck though

good advice

My husband always said he only proposed to me because he thought I would say no!!

xGGx

i will prob go down on both knees tonight but wont be to propose (im already married)

lol just me being rude or crude as the other thread says :P

rach74 wrote:

i will prob go down on both knees tonight but wont be to propose (im already married)

lol just me being rude or crude as the other thread says :P

Only a little x

No need, the computer is behaving itself today.

the thing I don't get is if you ask him who buys the engagment ring?????

I would not ask him as a little bit of tradition is good to keep.

Eeek no Im sooooooooooooooo happy the way things are, if its right you can do it anytime of the year.

Even though Im not a Mills and Boon romantic, I still believe the guy should ask their girl, I think if the guys love their girl, they actually look forward to the planning of that special night to pop the question etc.

Goodluck for those of you that do!

Much better being single,

I wouldnt ask my partner to marry me (I'm single, so no one to ask anyway lol) but I hear my married friends telling me how their other half popped the question and its always such a lovely story and it would be nice if one day I had a nice romactic story to tell my friends. I just think popping the question is the guys job.

I think a lot of the reasons given here for women not proposing apply just as much to the men as well. Why should men 'have' to be the ones to take that risk?

Been there done that. My oh would probably love it if I did as he keeps asking (not properly mind) but I'm really not bothered. Besides we can't afford it and I'm not organising another wedding!

not even if i had a partner

most of the married couples i know who have gone the distance ( my parents 27 years, my uncle and aunt, nearly 30, and my gran and grandad, over 60 before grandad died) kinda agreed to get married and there was no proposal. i like that more than the whole lavish thing personally.

Like a woman who plans her wedding from since she can remember a man has the same proposal instinct. Leave it be and wait to be asked. It wouldn't feel the same. His immediate thought isn't gonna be 'what will my bridesmaids wear'. There will be no immediate planning so it won't have the same effect!