Anyone wear front zip bras as i have a question.

So my OH hasn't been wearing normal bras for ages because of a shoulder problem she has been wearing belvia bras, but its getting her down that she doesn't feel sexy anymore, I know lovehoney do some but not that many front zipped bras, are they comfortable? she is a 38c dress size 14.

teacake wrote:

So my OH hasn't been wearing normal bras for ages because of a shoulder problem she has been wearing belvia bras, but its getting her down that she doesn't feel sexy anymore, I know lovehoney do some but not that many front zipped bras, are they comfortable? she is a 38c dress size 14.

I personally love a front-fastened bra, and one of my most comfy bras is the Lovehoney Treasure Me bra - so much so I have it in three colours! 

Iā€™m with Jess on this one! Front fastening bras are so comfortable. I love the bra she linked to also. I have the black and red versions too.

Zip front bras all the way! Practical, comfortable and swoon worthy!

The one thats linked is the one i had thought about getting her, My OH has said the reason why she cant wear bras is because of the thin strap digs into her shoulder which makes her shoulder pain worse, I guess the straps on the one linked might not dig in so much.

teacake wrote:

The one thats linked is the one i had thought about getting her, My OH has said the reason why she cant wear bras is because of the thin strap digs into her shoulder which makes her shoulder pain worse, I guess the straps on the one linked might not dig in so much.

Hey teacake

If your OH is finding that her shoulder straps are digging in, she's not wearing the correct band size. 99% of the support on a bra comes from the band under the boobs, not the shoulder steaps as many people think. 

Additionally, with a longline bra like the one linked here, she'll have supreme underboob support, which will naturally remove strain from the shoulder straps. 

It sounds like your OH could do with being remeasured for her bra size and start buying bras with a bigger cup and a smaller band size. 

These videos might help too: 

How to Find Your Bra Size

How to Pick the Perfect Bra

Bras: Sister Sizing

If she is currently wearing a 38C and her straps are digging in, I'd advise she measures herself again. If she still comes out as a 38C, then go for the sister sizing option to find a more supportive fit. Eg. she should try a 36D, or a 34E... 

I find them so comfortable šŸ™ƒ

I have passed on the info to my OH about maybe its time to measure them again, So next time she is in town she will get them measured. Thanks. Front zip bras do look the better option for her shoulder problem.