Are vibrations safe?

It's pretty well known that using vibrating tools can lead to nerve damage, sometimes permenant in the users hands/arms. I'm just wondering if there's been any similar research into what long term effects a vibrator could have on a penis? Just splashed out on a magic wand you see.

Just don't use it while sat on a leather sofa and you will be fine.

kitty x

I've used various vibrators over the years on mine and have yet to see any adverse effects

You'll find that strong sensations make you less sensitive to weak sensations. For this reason I'd recommend taking breaks from it for a few days every so often but that isn't due to damage but inhibitors of the neurones to down regulate sensitivity and is reversible

Young and fun95 wrote:

You'll find that strong sensations make you less sensitive to weak sensations. For this reason I'd recommend taking breaks from it for a few days every so often but that isn't due to damage but inhibitors of the neurones to down regulate sensitivity and is reversible

This is pretty sound advice!

I think that refers to things like pneumatic drills,a vibrator is not THAT bad,i`d think you`re pretty safe!

I agree with the desensitisation thing. I have to use a pneumatic drill these days....

Of course a road drill is more powerful than a sex toy, but then a penis is more sensitive than a wrist so it might not be as simple as that.