Are wands for power queens only?

For a while now I've been considering maybe thinking about trying a magic wand, but after holding a Lelo smartwand in a shop I've been scared off! It was like holding a power drill and it hurt my hand - no way would I put that anywhere else!

So is this one an exception or are wands only good for power queens? Does they give you a different sensation from other vibrators or is it just the sheer power that makes them different? I've been eyeing up the one on the tester list but I don't want to volunteer if I won't be able to do it justice. Help!

Mains powered wands are definitely one of the most powerful toys on the market.

Maybe a USB rechargeable wand would be slightly less so, but as I've only tried mini wands of this type or the battery powered ones I couldn't say for sure. I think it would also depend on the brand. Doxy especially are known for being intensly powerful so I would definitely avoid those if you're not a fan of that strength level.

If you want a wand without such intensity you could try a mini one? Or start with battery powered wands and work up to a rechargeable if you're unsure? x

The size of the head gives a less direct stimulation than most vibrators, which can be good or bad depending on if you need pin pointed stimulation to get off or not. It definitely feels like a different stimulation anyway.

The vibrations are a lot more rumbly and deep, but this is with mains powered wands. I haven't tried the one on the list, but any other 'wand' I've tried that isn't mains powered doesn't deliver the same deep, rumbly vibrations. So in that respect, yes the mains powered wands give a different sensation vibrations wise as well but non mains powered...well, I haven't found one yet that isn't just a regular old vibrator with a wide head :p

I would suggest the FSOG Holy Cow wand. Crap name but great toy! Gives s good range of power too, without making the walls shake!

I have the Lelo Smart Wand Large (I have reviewed it here and spoken highly of in other posts too), and it is the only wand I have ever used. I do have the FSoG Holy Cow one, but have not used it. I don't know if there would be a difference in strenght between the Large and the Medium version, nor do I know which of the two you held in your hands. I do NOT consider myself a power queen at all. I don't use often the wand, but can use it at full power sometimes - it realy depends on my mood more than anything else. My husband appreciates it too sometimes around his shaft and testicles (on lower to medium settings). We also use it for all over body massages. Bare in mind that you can regulate not only the pattern, but the intensity of each setting individually on all Lelo toys. The Large Wand from Lelo also has the "tactile response function" which means it is the contact of the wand pressed against you that establishes its intensity. With all that said, I'm inclined to say that about 99% of all toys on the market with a buzz in them, be them bullets, wands, rabbit ears, vibrators and whatnot offer more or less the same sensations. I am yet to find the toy that is significantly different (this is why my next important purchase will be the Womanizer). I am not easily impressed. :) Hope this helps.

era wrote:

I have the Lelo Smart Wand Large (I have reviewed it here and spoken highly of in other posts too), and it is the only wand I have ever used. I do have the FSoG Holy Cow one, but have not used it. I don't know if there would be a difference in strenght between the Large and the Medium version, nor do I know which of the two you held in your hands. I do NOT consider myself a power queen at all. I don't use often the wand, but can use it at full power sometimes - it realy depends on my mood more than anything else. My husband appreciates it too sometimes around his shaft and testicles (on lower to medium settings). We also use it for all over body massages. Bare in mind that you can regulate not only the pattern, but the intensity of each setting individually on all Lelo toys. The Large Wand from Lelo also has the "tactile response function" which means it is the contact of the wand pressed against you that establishes its intensity. With all that said, I'm inclined to say that about 99% of all toys on the market with a buzz in them, be them bullets, wands, rabbit ears, vibrators and whatnot offer more or less the same sensations. I am yet to find the toy that is significantly different (this is why my next important purchase will be the Womanizer). I am not easily impressed. :) Hope this helps.

Word on the street is that there's a new version coming out that DOESN'T have the hideously tacky design! I really hope that's true as it seems like a really unique idea.

I don't consider myself too much of a power queen, though maybe slightly as I do prefer the more rumbly vibrations you get with wands as opposed to the buzzy vibrations that some vibrators/rabbits have...

A good battery powered wand is the Tracey Cox Supersex wand in my opinion. It's a frequent bedside companion for me! 😉

Lovebirds_x wrote:

The vibrations are a lot more rumbly and deep, but this is with mains powered wands. ....

Not necessarily. I was very much disappointed by my Bodywand (EU plug version). Its vibrations are very much a surface buzz, even though it doesn't look like it on LH's video. Holding it does not hurt my hands, but I couldn't stand the head on my clit, it just made it itch. (There's one blog reviewer who thinks the same - or possibly has a similar wands if there's a lot of variation in the series - but I've forgotten who it is).

Incidentally, I bought the Bodywand for its "originally intended purpose", as a massager (have you seen this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8olcdVVAe5A ? Hilarious!), but I don't particularly liked it when I tested it. I haven't had lower back ache since buying it, however, so I'll wait with final judgment on that point.

As a clit stimulator it works very much better with the Wand Essentials nuzzle tip attachments (and possibly others, but that's the one I have).

Ruby Red Slippers wrote:

era wrote:

... With all that said, I'm inclined to say that about 99% of all toys on the market with a buzz in them, be them bullets, wands, rabbit ears, vibrators and whatnot offer more or less the same sensations. I am yet to find the toy that is significantly different (this is why my next important purchase will be the Womanizer). I am not easily impressed. :) Hope this helps.

Word on the street is that there's a new version coming out that DOESN'T have the hideously tacky design! I really hope that's true as it seems like a really unique idea.

The Womanizer 500 (or Womanizer Pro W500) is available, just not yet from Lovehoney. It doesn't have the "jewel", but I wouldn't call it beautiful - it's too short for that. And of course it's even more expensive...

Era, have you tried a Stronic? They are definitely different, I love mine (despite the horrible silicone).

Ruby Red Slippers, of course you can do justice to the tester! Either you love it and write a corresponding review, or you don't love it, say why and compare it to other vibrators you have and its still an informative review! As I've said elsewhere, I mostly don't even read the all positive reviews any more...

If you're worried a wand will be too powerful go for a small battery powered wand i'm no power queen but the wanachi wand i own that briefly made a re-appearance recently and the new Tracey Cox wand aren't powerful enough to tip me over the edge the broad head does mellow out the vibrations a bit, great for body massages though

Talia, I actually had to look up what the Stronic was. Unfortunately, the reason I probably missed them before is that they actually honestly creep me out looks-wise! But thanks for the suggestion, it's always good to know what else is out there. I will now just wait *patiently* for the Womanizer Pro W500 to make an appearance here. Your thread about the W100 has definitely convinced me to get it now! :)

Lovehoney-Paige recommended the Stronic bi thrusting rabbit to me, but shame it's like £120!!!

I must admit, I feel a bit intimidated by their appearance too, Era!

I have just looked up the new Womanizer Pro; now I wonder if I should go for the original version, or if I should wait for the new one... hmm... tough decision...

I too keep looking at the wands , thinking of getting one of the minis as a tester x

Briona87 wrote:

I have just looked up the new Womanizer Pro; now I wonder if I should go for the original version, or if I should wait for the new one... hmm... tough decision...

I was about to buy the old version with last week's 25% off... And on the last day thanks to this thread I was referring to above http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/sex-tips-and-talk/1334421-oral-reluctance/page-2/#p1335719 I discovered the Pro and there isn't a doubt in my mind since: I will definitely get the new one. :)

era wrote:

Briona87 wrote:

I was about to buy the old version with last week's 25% off... And on the last day thanks to this thread I was referring to above http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/sex-tips-and-talk/1334421-oral-reluctance/page-2/#p1335719 I discovered the Pro and there isn't a doubt in my mind since: I will definitely get the new one. :)

I wish Lovehoney stocked the mint green one... I would absolutely love to get it!

era wrote:

Talia, I actually had to look up what the Stronic was. Unfortunately, the reason I probably missed them before is that they actually honestly creep me out looks-wise! ....

Really? Care to elaborate? I find quite a few toys much creepier than the Stronics - from the Womanizer (the name alone...) to Rub-my-Duckie (or whatever that thing's name is...)

I would have described the Stronic Eins as "clasically elegant", even colour-wise (the purple is almost black and the pink is more red than pink to my eyes). And whereas it's a bit bigger than I would prefer, at 4.2 inches at the tip and 5 inches circumference just before the "clit stimulator nub", it's hardly enormous. (The "clit stimulator nub" does most definitely not stimulate the clit of any human when the toy is inserted. If I thought the statement was meant seriously I'd wonder what sort of alien species is working in Bremen. But I think it's just company speak for "we don't know either what the nub is good for, but our designer thought it looked good so we went for it.")

For me, the only thing "wrong" with the Stronic (and probably all Fun Factory toys) is the dust-magnet quality of the silicone - I swear it grabs dirt out of the air! This is mentioned in nearly all the blog reviews and the writers don't exaggerate.

Well, the Ein is just too dark of a purple. I'm not a fan of purple in general, but this dark shade seems a bit mortitious to me. The general shape seems off, I have no idea why. And I'd expect that protruberance called the clit nub (love your alternative explanation for it!!!) I think would get in my way. Bare in mind these are only impressions I got looking at the photos on here, never saw the real thing.

The Zwei - well, apart from it being a prostate massager which we don't use - could work for vaginal isnertion too I suppose, and I could imagine the shape OK, but would probably be too short and too girthy at that.

The Drei is the absolute worst though for me. Besides the "stronic shape" that all seem to have and I don't seem to agree with, those ridges would give me nightmares. It's just a pattern that reminds me of an alien's menacing tongue or something.

And finally the Bi Fusion just looks too short and bulgy. They all do to me, but this one in particular. Maybe it's the whole handle/control part that it's so big in proportion with the insertable parts, I don't know.

It's just these items do not agree with my sense of aesthetics. :)

Granted, the Stronics are not the most beautiful products on the market, but handsome is as handsome does.I've put only one sex toy on my wishlist for its beauty (the Entice Charlize) and I'm absolutely not sure whether I'll buy it (the vibrations don't look all that impressive on the video). Most of the stuff I have - and want - is indifferent to ugly (my favourite clit vibe is a pink, glittery, rubber butterfly for good grief!) So by comparison the Stronic Eins is not bad at all ;)

Just Jenson wrote:

I would suggest the FSOG Holy Cow wand. Crap name but great toy! Gives s good range of power too, without making the walls shake!

Yes i agree about the crap name too ! But I love the toy, gives very rumbly vibrations that result in a really strong deep orgasm for me, in fact I can cum in about 2 mins using this .

The downside is that it's a bit pricey but well worth it if you afford it :)