Bad News

Sorry to create the topic but I have been informed that the potential of redundancy is looming large for me and or 3 colleagues at work I / we have a consultation on Thursday to outline what they are going to propose ! So if I am not in here or posting you know why, keep you informed on what happens and as you can guess it’s come out of the blue but not unexpected if that makes sense ! Let’s see what the outcome is and take it from there is all I can do :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

Oh no! So sorry to hear that @Gazza_64! Try and keep positive buddy, we’re here for you however we can be :heart:

1 Like

Sorry to hear that @Gazza_64 :pleading_face: Thinking of you x

2 Likes

@Gazza_64 bless you.
Hope all goes well for you. Redundancy actually was one of the best things to happen to me many years ago x

4 Likes

Ah what a shame. Sending hugs

1 Like

Fingers crossed :crossed_fingers: for you @Gazza_64

2 Likes

I am sorry to hear your news @Gazza_64 redundancy seems to be a fact of life these days and I have gone through it twice and its never nice. However when it happened to me first some 14 years ago it was the best thing to happen to me. It made me focus on things that were important and gave me the push I needed. I wish the best of luck for Thursday.

4 Likes

Oh man that sucks. Been through it three times myself and it’s just the pits.

3 Likes

Good luck @Gazza_64. I hope things go ok for you and the worst happens, that you find work quickly.

1 Like

Bum. Yeah i know that feeling too. Hope it works out for you dude

1 Like

Wishing you the best of luck @Gazza_64 x

2 Likes

Sorry to hear that @Gazza_64. The difference between “permanent” and “temporary” jobs is that with “permanent” you don’t actually know how long the contract is. At least they’re not doing it at the usual time of just before Christmas, so it makes it easier to look for another job. Last time I lost a job the company went bust the day before payday so we didn’t even get the last month’s pay.

2 Likes

Oh no @Gazza_64 I’m so sorry to hear this. I’ve unfortunately been made redundant twice before I was even 30!

Always keep on the bright side, they’ll be other opportunities out there if the worst comes to the worst :purple_heart:

3 Likes

Sorry to hear this @Gazza_64 i was in the same situation 6 years ago after 25 years, we were strung along for 3 months and finished at Christmas 2015 with no warning after being reassured (lied to) that our jobs were safe.

You know what? It was actually for the better as i now work less hours, in a cleaner, safer environment with much nicer management.
Hopefully with you work ethic and experience you will find something suitable for you that doesn’t involve all the driving and nights away you endure.
Best of luck to you. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

That’s awful @Gazza_64. I have everything crossed for you

3 Likes

Many thanks for all you’re thoughts comments I am open minded and I will look to what’s next my initial thoughts are to become a driving Instructor so investigating that to see if it’s for me :+1: :thinking: or class 2 or 1 hgv not sure yet

5 Likes

Keep positive @Gazza_64

Hope it all turns out…sounds a good plan that…you will still be teaching and you do have the patience of a saint…

:innocent::innocent::innocent:

1 Like

Best of luck with this - I was in a similar situation in 2020 when the pandemic led to job cuts at my firm, where I’d worked for over 20 years. Think I’d got stuck in a rut but it was a bit overwhelming at first when I was made redundant, but I looked at it as a chance for a new start and after a few months jobless, found my current job which I absolutely love, it turned out to be the best thing.
As the saying goes, as one door closes, another one opens… :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

I believe there is a massive need for HGV drivers. The thing with driving instructors is that you have to work when others don’t (evening/weekends) The better you are at teaching them the quicker they pass so more customers you need! @Gazza_64

1 Like

@Gazza_64 sorry to hear of this try to keep positive if this does happen its for a reason and a new better door will open very soon ! :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

1 Like