Ball Shavers

I’m looking at shavers specifically marketed for men to shave body hair - both the sensitive and non sensitive bits.

I have a beard shaver and my wife has a shaver marketed for women to shave their pubic hair that she’s happy to let me use.

Is there anything special about male body hair shavers that’s specific to the male anatomy ? Or would it just be a waste of money considering the 2 I already have available to me ?

1 Like

OH just uses a Gillette razor. He’s been doing it for a while so shaving rash isn’t an issue anymore :heart:

1 Like

We just use a ladies Venus shaver , been doing that for a long time so no rash etc

1 Like

The Phillips bodygroom I use comes with a warning to not use on the face.

Pubic hair is pubic hair as long as your other half is happy to share …

Just use lots of creamy shaving foam and a four blade razor.

If you are starting from a full bush then trim down to stubble or you will be guaranteed to get shaving rash which is very uncomfortable.

Shave with short strokes and wash the razor under cold water frequently. Cold water maintains the sharp edge. As in sword warfare. “give them cold steel” :joy:.

Use a quality moisturiser to protect your skin.

We shave each other, so this method is tried and tested. The last three years we have grown out our pubes in the winter and go smooth for the summer months. We have just started to shave again and love the smooth feel and look but also enjoy a more natural look as well.

1 Like

Wahl grooming set and a mach 3.

1 Like

Very very long story short. Both yes and no.

• But there actually is a huge difference you can both see and feel very cheaply if you try a Venus (of any type), versus the ManScaped Groin Razor (it’s in my bathroom but I’m too lazy to go look at what it’s called specifically at the moment), heh. And trust me, you may not think they’re cheap, but they’re cheaply made and you’ll see what I mean if you take the time to read through this.

This also applies to the lotions and shaving creams as well for those exact brands. Along with most any other tailored specifically for one sex versus another.

• No. You shouldn’t share razors and it has nothing to do with sharing fluids. It’s about skin PH levels and bacterial transfer that causes problems when sharing razors (assuming already fluid bonded). From things like UTIs, yes. Literally. To more obvious ingrown hairs, aggravated spots, unsightly dark marks, what is this rash, wait this red bump isn’t herpes is it, types of issues. (We don’t have herpes, but I learned the exact lesson when I used her Venus and we both had to be subsequently tested due to my ignorance). Also. No. Women’s razors and shaving creams can and usually are ph oriented towards women’s skin. (In the little strips along the razors, and so on).

• Yes. They actually can be harmful for men. Jasmine. Lavender. Tea Tree Oil. Soy (because most people know this already). All have associations with decreased testosterone production or increased estrogen production. That list is very long and continually growing.

• Men’s products, used by Men or those Born as Male. With something as simple as Dove Mens+ Soap. Are actually noticeably different than Dove that’s generally tailored to women’s skin. I specify Dove, because they are pretty well known for being good for the skin in general as are many others….versus something like OldSpice which doesn’t have a comparable Women’s version nor is OldSpice known for good soap for skin. It’s known for good deodorant for men. And is starting to venture out into areas that are skin friendly for women. And to those reading this over generalization. Yes. I’ve told many women in the past who couldn’t find a deodorant that worked for them to try OldSpice. Which did. As De-odorant.

I would venture a guess and say I’m probably one of the longer standing full body hair removers. I’ve been doing it since 15. I’m turning 40. I still have regular issues due to constantly experimenting, especially after having moved to completely opposite climates and having to have Ms.Anony who has worked for years in the Beauty Advising/Esthetician fields, teach me about skin care routines in dry climates and hard water I have never had to deal with before.

• Best advice I can give you, educate yourself on the different skin types you both have. Educate yourself on skin care lotions/creams/shaving creams/gels etc that apply to your skin type where you’re shaving and also with regard to whether or not you’re in a climate thats humid (I would assume mostly yes if UK, but have no actual clue), if you have hard water or not and what to look for as a result.

• Determine if a safety razor that doesn’t pivot is good for you because you want a very close shave…then be prepared to realize that something that contours to skin curvature and pivots on multiple axis(es/axes?), is extremely important when shaving your balls. No, I’m not talking about Up/down pivoting or even 4 directional pivoting. The only one I’ve found regardless of blade number with 8 pivot axis points…is semi knew and invented first for full head shavers.

After all my trial and error.

My advice is this.

• If the device is water approved. Make sure to use very hot water to heat the blades as this changes the protein of the hair you’re cutting and makes it easier to accomplish without irritation. If the device you’re using is high quality or cheap, you’ll be able to tell very easily by how much metal is has to retain the temperature of the blade(s). As you don’t want to shave in scalding water, heat retention is important, hence metal is important.

• If you want a groomer. BodyGoom by Norelco/Phiilps is one of your safer bets. There are others that are better at specific things, but I’ve used the 20$ option one to groom (above the skin, just barely), for almost 20 years. I’ve got the more expensive ones in the same line. Multiple different ones in the same line actually. The 20$ one that is now battery operated is still the best one for what I want when grooming due to the curvature (and narrowness) of the shaver head contact.

• The best razor blade I’ve found for the same full body purpose, has 8 blades. And pivots on 8 axis points. It’s the size of a petite woman’s palm only. And once you learn the radically different shaving style required to use it effectively, you can shave your entire body head to toe in less than 10 minutes including private. I say head meaning top of head, because there are many you tube videos showing and proving this exact point in under 2 minutes, though I don’t shave my head. It’s appropriately named the OmniShaver as it has 4 blades that cut in one direction and 4 blades that cut in the opposite direction meaning less use on each blade and it actually self strops.

• If you are leery about the shaving butter they suggest (and sell), though I can assure you it’s worth it. I think it was @Melody1 who said it first. Hair Conditioner is better on body hair than some facial shaving creams. It’s true.

• And to be absolutely clear. I’m not the inventor and I’m not including a link so that people might think I’m being compensated when I’m not even affiliated at all with the company other than as a customer. I’m not including a link to eliminate any doubt. Heh. There are many different products they sell. They are all worth it for the reasons they’re designed for and all have videos that are very short and explain why.

• Search for Omnishaver. You’ll find it. Either the website, or YouTube. But I suggest watching YouTube under the same name to see how effective it is.

And yes. This was the very very very short version of 25 years of trial and error.

4 Likes

I’d say it’d be a waste of money as anything you get what says is specifically formulated for men’s private areas will no doubt be the same as the shaver your wife has, just different brand packaging and marketing…

Love to keep trimmed, nice and smooth.

Found shaving too difficult. I use the creams instead.