BBQ time😃

I LOVE doing BBQ’S especially during the cooking & of course the eating​:smiley::plate_with_cutlery:
Who’s having one soon? I’ve had 3 so far & maybe doing another one on the weekend! Can’t beat the sun, food, drink & obviously my wife showing off her curves​:hot_face: that I can’t get near!!

6 Likes

BBQ’s are great!

I used to work in a supermarket (20 years or so ago) where we did film developing. The policy was that some photos would be reviewed for quality and abuse prevention purposes. A guy came in to collect a pack of photos and we (two girls in early 20s) explained that we would need to review them under this policy he was fine with this and started talking about how good the weather had been… We opened the pack in front of him and had a quick flick through the photos.
They were of a BBQ with him and another guy and two girls all enjoying a BBQ in the garden … completely naked, with everything on display. Put the photos back in the pack and gave them back to him. He casually continued talking about the weather for another minute or so then went off into the supermarket to do some shopping.
Lets just say that the garden looked great but neither of us wanted to try any hot dogs, especially not the one that one of the girls appeared to have stabbed a fork into and was trying to take a big bite out of, it also seemed to be very attached to one of the guys.
The photos only showed the guys cooking. I don’t want to think what would happen if the BBQ started spitting or flaring up, perhaps the girls hadn’t started the party shaved!

It’s not for me BBQs only time we have one is on holiday ! Next door neighbour thought he would cook cereals on it if he could ! Fair play to you mate enjoy it and make hay while the sun shines enjoy it :+1: @FD1

1 Like

I do enjoy a BBQ but always wish I was more inventive with what I put on the BBQ! What do we all like to cook? We usually go for bbq marinated chicken, burgers / sausages, halloumi and some veg of some sort, corn, flat mushrooms, aubergine / courgettes, sweet potatoes…

3 Likes

Not a big fan myself - I rather my man marinates his meat in my mouth :lips:

5 Likes

Love a good BBQ long all day cooks on the Weber are the best! Like pulled pork, ribs, brisket! Getting hungry just thinking about it!

2 Likes

Love to bbq, my favourite is seafood, big prawns, squid, scallops, and then enjoy in the sun with a cold glass of wine or a beer, perfect

2 Likes

Love a good BBQ. it’s winter here now so no barbies until it warms up :slightly_frowning_face: We cook a barbie once or twice a week in summer for dinner, usually steak :drooling_face:

1 Like

We love a BBQ but, never does a sausage or burger go near it.
Prefer to slow roast some meats and finish them off slowly on the BBQ to get the flavour.

1 Like

Sounds good to me​:smiley:

They can all be summed up by the word - Decorations.

1 Like

I rather like the veg! I’m not a big meat eater usually, most of it’s for my OH and everyone else, i prefer the accompaniments :joy::woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

I agree, all these are delicious on the bbq

2 Likes

I have a Smokefest 2023 planned for August 12th and 13th where about 8 of my buddies bring their campers, their families and their BBQ smokers to my acreage out of town and we feast…! Ham, Brisket, ribs, chicken, bacon, brussel spouts, cobblers, everything you can imagine…a competition where everyone wins!

It’s Mrs. Val and my 24th anniversary so I am planning on buying a shit load of fireworks and eat meat, drink alot, and shoot off fireworks in the back area of our farm…

3 Likes

I’ve still not had a bbq this year :cry: at the moment I feel like I just spend my entire weekend at work

1 Like

That’s a shame, @Deanna32 hopefully you get have one soon :smiley:

1 Like

Used to love a good BBQ but can’t be bothered for just me and the OH, used to have big parties 30+ people and loads of Alcohol, times change i guess. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I grill and BBQ all year round , but really step it up late spring through fall . Unfortunately for many years with my wife being pretty much a shut in , we only have two close neighbors over . If we can get her moving and losing some weight , maybe we can get back to having small groups over again . I do love my grill , it is both propane and charcoal along with a side burner . I keep forgetting to order the smoker that goes along with this model . We used to have larger get togethers for friends and neighbors . My favorite took two days of prep time . I went diving for seafood and smoked salmon . We had tenderloin steaks , burgers , Alaskan king crab , planked salmon , crawfish boil , baked potatoes and French fries , Salads and grilled vegetables . Oh yeah a keg of chilled beer along with a mini bar for mixed drinks . Everyone enjoyed my pond and waterfall adding to the ambiance . Everybody suggested we do it more often . I mentioned I used a day of vacation for diving and driving to gather ingredients along with almost three days to prep . Also way back then I spent over $800 and had another day of clean up . But I sure would like to having scaled back BBQ / grill parties .

3 Likes

We haven’t had one for years until 2 weeks ago and we are planning another this weekend. We’ve really got the taste for it this year for some reason. I’m also going to make rum cocktails :heart_eyes::heart_eyes: very much looking forward to it.

2 Likes

If you are going to par cook a large joint on BBQ start it off on there, low indirect heat, the meat will only absorb the smoke properly for the 1st 2 hours of cooking! Don’t forget some smoking chunks, I like to use Apple wood

1 Like