Being told your life has to change and nothing can be done to help

I was wondering how you would react if one day your life had to change for whatever reason. Whether it was a bad test result, a death, a new life, a social aspect, etc.

How would you cope if one day you found out that something you always wanted became the impossible?

Currently I have many life changing things happening, and some of them I'm uncertain on how to cope with... so much so I feel a little dead inside - I'm certain it'll pour out of my soul at the most inconveniet moment.

I've delt with a lot of bad things in my life and a lot have happened when I leasted expected. But I'm just uncertain as to whether or not humans can really cope with the unexpected.

dont really know what to say nymohomaniac but didnt want to read and run so heres a hug xx

The Nymphomaniac wrote:

I've delt with a lot of bad things in my life and a lot have happened when I leasted expected. But I'm just uncertain as to whether or not humans can really cope with the unexpected.

If we couldn't there'd be no hope for us.

I have the opposite view - I think we have a remarkable ability to deal with what's thrown at us and we're often much stronger than we think.

Life throws tough things at us and we don't have much choice but to deal with it so that's what we do! We deal with it and make the best of it :)

Adx

We are strongest when we least feel it, and we do not see it until the testing time has passed.

Be kind to yourself nymph, if you are starting to isolate yourself try going out for solitary walks (I know, damn weather grrr); make sure you're eating small nutritional foods (I state small for if you're hitting depression then your appetite will very likely drop), sleep is important but possibly disturbed so try any self help relaxation methods. If you need the doctor don't just let him fob you off with anti-depressants for as much as they can help, talking therapies should go hand-in-hand with them.

Some life changing events we can change our attitude and see the challenge in them and handle the task head on with vigour. Unfotunately the loss of someone close to us (and that does not always mean death) is a totally different ball game and we have to allow ourselves to grieve. In fact in society the death of someone is recognised and the society is forth-coming with sympathy. With the break-up of a relationship society will be understanding for what, two minutes? Okay exaggeration but we are supposed to pull ourselves up from the pit of despair much quicker than with a death.

Whatever your problem is, do seek support from others... it's a step using the forum.

:hugs:

The Nymphomaniac wrote:

I was wondering how you would react if one day your life had to change for whatever reason. Whether it was a bad test result, a death, a new life, a social aspect, etc.

How would you cope if one day you found out that something you always wanted became the impossible?

Currently I have many life changing things happening, and some of them I'm uncertain on how to cope with... so much so I feel a little dead inside - I'm certain it'll pour out of my soul at the most inconveniet moment.

mwahhh and hugs sweetheart x

Hi Nymph,

Sounds like you're having a rough roll at the moment, girl, and from one whose online name is Chamelian, don't be fooled, I hate change, good or bad, always have and the slightest things sends my head whirling into that vortex of constant dialogue with myself.

From your post it sounds that something you had high hopes for has changed and not for the better, all I can say is hang in there, life throws some awful things at good people and it seems so unfair, but we are resillient creatures so don't give up hoping. Do try to go out everyday if you can, just that change of scene can help, even if you don't talk to anyone, just being out can quiet my head.

It's a hard task - well for me anyway - but I do try - and use the word loosely - to meditate, it's more just sitting quietly and not listening to the loop in my head and sometimes it does clear things - and if that fails I was once given some sound advice

"if in doubt do n'out" - (the fella was northern hence the accent!!)

things sometimes work themselves out by us doing nothing at all - or a solution presents itself to us.

Good luck girl and hope things look up soon.

You sound like you are going through a rough patch ((hugs))

My life has changed so much in the last 6 years, since husband was diagnosed with terminal cancer through to rebuilding my life. It is different now and in many ways better, in some ways worse but we adapt.

Evolution shows that as a species we can change to fit in with whatever our environment throws at us, as long as we have a personal support network we can work through most things.

xGGx

The Nymphomaniac wrote:

There is always someone worse of than you, two day before my mother in law died in hospital of cancer she said "look at that poor dear over there".

The worst case I heard was my wifes workmates son. He signed his contract as an apprentice footballer on his sixteenth birthday, part of the contract is having a full body scan, they saw something they didnt like and within a week he was diagnosed with Lukemia, instead of progressing as a pro football player he was being handed a plastic pot to masturbate into so they could freeze his sperm, chemotherapy normally makes you sterile. The guy is now approaching 30 and has got on with his life, never achieved his first dream though he did eventually play as a pro footballer. Life is a bitch just dont let it get you down.

And BTW have a big hugg from me

My heart goes out to all those having a tough time at the moment, it just seems to be sooooo many people what with relationship/marriage breakdowns (that's been my storm recently) and work and health and and and,

Not enough love about, keep your chins up and hang in there, thinking of you all and hoping you come thru the rough times.

Seems like LH is a good place to be (am new to it) and there's alot of support and kind words out there

x

Thanks for everyones replied. It finally hit me this morning after waking up from consuming a lot of whisky - I know it's not the best way to deal with things but in my sobering state I managed to cry a lot, which I feel has helped.

I still think it's something I'm going to have to come to terms with properly, and I'm waiting for that, but I'm hoping I'll emotionally calm down and find something that'll grip me in life.

Right now I think I'll focus more on reviewing and such for example. Although I expect the reviews to take a little longer than usual, it should be a nice detour for my mind.

Good for you girl, and yeah the whisky does that to me too, always have tissues at the ready and music on, dance like a loon, fall into bed and strangely feel more positive the next day.

Keep in there babe, if you're going thru hell KEEP Going!! No point stopping to sight see. Hope today is a kinder one to you xx

One of my favourite quotes is from a book called 'Rant' by Chuck Palahniuk;

"The future you have tomorrow won't be the same future you had yesterday."

ShaftMaster wrote:

One of my favourite quotes is from a book called 'Rant' by Chuck Palahniuk;

"The future you have tomorrow won't be the same future you had yesterday."

Soo true, and

Don't let the past get in the way of your future, or the future in the way of your present.

x