Best Sweets Of The 70`s

Fry's Cream are usually 3 for a quid in Home Bargains, B&M Poundland etc Raspberry Ruffles in Home Bargains too! Flying Saucers filled with sherbert! Bazooka Joe bubblegum with a tiny comic strip in the wrapper! Blackjacks and Fruit Salad chews...i recently bought liqueur drinks of both!

1 Like

Texan bars and candy necklaces.

1 Like

Yeah, Texan sure is a mighty chew! Paid for a few dentist's Ferrari's too! 😉

1 Like

Knight1119 wrote:

Texan bars and candy necklaces.

Texan bars were unbelievably chewy!

Starbars were yummy too.They're still on sale now ![](upload://5BDs2y1gm13l2R58ovmAMxyNM3f.gif)

1 Like

That’s true Will, a few F40’s and Testarossa’s.

1 Like

Thanks Wildflower, I love starbars too, I’m must admit nowadays I prefer softer chocolate bars.

1 Like

Treets (Forerunner to M&M's) Grande Seville (Orange chocolate bar) Glees (Similar to Skittles) Parma Violets Polo Fruits (had the hole but various fruit flavours)

1 Like

Do you remember the chocolate tool kit??

1 Like

Yes, loved the chocolate the tools were made from, quite different to Cadbury's etc! Now you reminded me of the liquorice and chcolate smoker's kits! Pipes, cigars, cigarettes etc! Strange, they never lead me astray into smoking! 🤔

1 Like

Jilly, yes the tool kits were really tasty. I also liked the packs of sweet cigarettes.

1 Like

Yes Knight, there were the candy stick type, usually themed around a popular tv series, then there were the chocolate ones that had very realistic packets, and they had edible paper around each chocolate "cigarette" 😀

2 Likes

Very nice Will, luckily they didn’t tempt me to smoke either 🙂

1 Like

Anglo Bubbly!

Cherry Lips ( A bit sickly)

Sherbert Fountain...the idea being that you sucked the sherbert up through a liquorice straw, but as soon as the sherbert got wet, it clumped, so you ended up eating the liquorice and necking the sherbert from the cardboard tube!

1 Like

I liked those cigarettes too the chocolate ones with the edible paper were yummy and the white ones with the red "lit" end in the boxes were nice too...my mum used to buy those Pascall fruit bon bons they were rectangle and in white wrappers with the fruit they were flavoured on the wrapper...

1 Like

Jilly, yes i loved the blackcurrant ones, nice to suck until you got to the gooey centre! My aunt used to buy us them off a sweet stall on the local market along with chocolate limes and coconut mushrooms!

1 Like

Ooh chocolate cigarettes! Weird idea when you come to think about it.....didn't really encourage me to smoke either.I also liked the white chewy ones with the red tips.

Coconut mushrooms were great and chocolate mice. I used to love the chewy bananas and you could also get chocolate bananas .

1 Like

Wildflower, yes foam bananas and shrimps, you can still get them! I liked chocolate mice, there was also a pink strawberry version!

Rainbow drops!

1 Like

Pink Panther bars, they were pink strawberry flavoured chocolate loved them!

1 Like

I remember a bar called secret think it was made by rowntree. Was thin chocolate strands over a creamy choc mousse similar to what’s inside a walnut whip.

1 Like

Yes i vaguely remember that thistleandfern!

Regarding Walnut Whips...i think that licking the inside of them was good practice for later in life! ![](upload://h7LJ67OOrR57VDYrj5ZEwwHAfLG.gif)

2 Likes