Best way to prep for anal?

Hi folks, My partner and I love some anal play, I’ve always used a douch beforehand, say 2-3hrs before. But I find that im only fully clean about 50% of the time and it has started to put me off. I’ve tried doing a douch around 12-16hrs before then again around 2-3hrs before and this doesn’t seem to have helped much either. We both love anal but I’m starting to get up tight about it and panic if he is about to use his fingers as I worry I’m not clean. Any help ???

I usually douche about an hour before and use the bulb to do that. When I think I'm clean I do it another couple times just to be sure. The key is fully relaxing while doing it! When I first got into douching and anal play I went to my gay friend for help & tips, the one that he swears by is after douching stick a finger all the way in and sniff so you know you're clean. As a woman it took me a while to stop worrying too about not being clean enough but honestly it was just worry... Once you get over the fear and relax you'll be okay! I hope this helps xo

Hey Katie79

Have you considered not douching?

Douching can often lead to more mess, particularly if you're being really anal (pun intended) about it. Using too much water, for example, brings waste from deeper in tour colon (which would otherwise be out of the way of anal sex) into your rectum, which is where a toy or penis is going to go.

Also, douching too often is bad for you anyway.

I always recommend just making sure you've been to the toilet within a few hours of anal play, warming up, and using plenty of lube. This should be more than enough to ensure a clean playtime.

And remember, poop is just poop. If you're going to stick things in your butt, you both need to be prepared that it could happen. It's an occupational hazard of anal platy, I'm afraid.

I would agree with Jess. Unless you have a guts recently it's generally clean anyway with little chance of mess. Go to lav a hour or so before, Wash the bum hole and it's fine. I will be graphic here but a normal bum just smells a bit musky not poopy. That includes inserted fingers. We are all bought up to feel bums are dirty but really they are not.

Sorry if this is a really daft question...what’s a douche? And if one is needed for anal play (first timers) can anyone recommend one.

We don't do any prep for anal (other than masses of lube) and it's fine. We've never had any real mess, and it doesn't spoil the moment (by having to do loads of prep).

Janes wrote:

Sorry if this is a really daft question...what’s a douche? And if one is needed for anal play (first timers) can anyone recommend one.

There's a Lovehoney anal douche guide that you may find useful.

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/sex-toys/anal-sex-toys/buyers-guide/how-to-use-an-anal-douche/

Though Jess, the Lovehoney Sexpert (as seen on TV), has mentioned above that it's not something everyone needs/wants to do as it can sometimes create more mess as well as being bad for you (I think due to the washing out of friendly bum bacteria/upsetting the delicate body balance). So you'll have to weigh these up and decide what's right for you.

Hope this helps. 🙂

@Ian Chimp...thanks, that’s a great help 👍

I only started douching because we had a tiny mess.... He did cum up there a few times tho so I guess that's what caused it 😂 We both laughed about it but I must admit I was mortified! But as lovehoney Jess said... It's anal play and sometimes things happen!

A top tip for me was to use a lube applicator the difference was amazing certainly less mess plus the lube delivered right where u want it . I’ve used it with prostrate massager which really helps the toy move around more freely ,all in all the experience was amazing. Can’t wait to try agin with some warmed up lube and two shots.

Other than s bath before hand we have no preparation for anal. Lube is of course a necessity. Never seen the need to douche!

Douching is a life saver. Before I had a douche I had to wait for mother nature, so frustrating in the moment

Suspender man wrote:

A top tip for me was to use a lube applicator the difference was amazing certainly less mess plus the lube delivered right where u want it . I’ve used it with prostrate massager which really helps the toy move around more freely ,all in all the experience was amazing. Can’t wait to try agin with some warmed up lube and two shots.

Agree totally with this.

Im too lazy and disorganised to do prep hours before, wanting anal is always quite a spontaneous-ish thing for me so I warm up with lube and ride a dildo for a few minutes before jumping on the husband. We just tend to use condoms for anal so he can just chuck it in the bin when we are done.