Blast from the past

Well that was a surprise. Not sure if anyone will remember but about two years ago a childhood friend resurfaced and we went on a couple of dates, I put a stop to it because he was not being honest (lost jobs and wouldn’t explain why) and would go off radar for weeks at a time, neither of us were in a place to start anything more and I had to cut him off to protect my mental health. Well he just turned up at my mum’s with valentine chocolates (if I would accept them), wanting to apologise and wanting to see if he could get in touch again. My mum rang me to ask if it would be ok for him to drop the chocolate round, and have a quick (doorstep) chat. I was really unsure but said ok. I’ve told him we start with being friends again, he needs to be more honest and we’ll see how that goes. I’ve always been told (but struggled to believe) you never know what’s round the corner. I’m certainly not jumping into anything but funny how things turn up out of the blue.

5 Likes

Oh that’s a dodgy one, go with the flow but I would just ask yourself, If he wanted to hook up again why Valentine’s Day? and why get your mum involved?

1 Like

It’s not a case of ‘hooking up’ we never got that far before, it’s complicated, he has lots of issues, Valentines maybe just seemed like an opportunity to start again. He is a childhood friend, like we were neighbors growing up, he went to my mum’s because he knows her well (since he was about 5) and wasn’t sure I would want to see him so went to my mum’s to see if she thought I would accept the chocolates and apologie. If he did think he would be in for a hook up (which I don’t think he is) don’t worry, he would be very sadly mistaken, we need to go back to being friends a long time before anything more, if at all. It would just be nice to be friends again.

@AmyA i would go with your gut instinct hun if it was after he re emerged and you thought it was odd how he went missing in action then I would say that be clear from the get go to say you’re friends and that’s it, if things get better then so be it but at least it’s clear from the start :hugs: but it’s only my opinion good luck :kissing_heart:

That’s quite sweet @AmyA
I’d give him the benefit of the doubt and stay as friends for a good while.
In that time you can see how well he communicates and generally how things go.
Don’t jump into anything but slowly over time, something more may develop x

2 Likes

I am wondering why he turned up a week after Valentine’s day with chocolates and not on the actual day? :thinking:

1 Like

Understandable question, mainly because he is an idiot with a very strange grasp on reality, (which is why I won’t be rushing into everything) he went to the shop, realised it was closed so ordered online :roll_eyes: As I say he has issues, he doesn’t think quite logically sometimes (like just get chocolates from somewhere else or get something different). He has a good heart but has a lots of problems, I’m not daft I won’t be rushing into anything, let’s see if he can communicate as friends first.

2 Likes

I should also add, that in the end it was me that ghosted him, although he did have a habit of dissapeearing for days, it was me that went MIA in the end and for good reason.

What a lovely surprise for you @AmyA! Sometimes things happen when we least expect it don’t they, and sometimes it’s just the right timing! Look after yourself but enjoy whatever it turns out to be :blush:

2 Likes

@AmyA hope things go ok for you one can only see how things go. Take care and good luck

1 Like

Certainly an odd scenario. Fingers crossed things work out for the best :crossed_fingers: