Blog Wishlist Widget

Hello, helpful people :)

I don't know if you can help me with this, but I was trying to add my wishlist to my blog yesterday evening, but couldn't quite manage it.

I got the HTML code to put onto the blog... but WHERE exactly do I put it? I just have a regular old .wordpress.com blog, and I have no idea how to edit the code or anything like that. I tried to add it using a text/html widget, but that didn't work.

Any ideas?

You cannot edit and add html or any adverts on a standard wordpress blog. To do that they will charge you for it, they charge for anything extra which is why I moved to blogger.com

On there it is simple to add adverts, html, edit css and even the template of the blog.

You can add HTML to a standard Wordpress blog like you were, but unfortunately Wordpress doesn't support javascript - which is what our wishlist widget uses.

I've made our head of tech aware of this as of course this isn't good for us, but don't think there is a workaround at the moment.

(If you want to add other HTML to your wordpress blog though MM, this is how you do it...)

In your wordpress dashboard go to Appearance > Widgets

Then drag the 'Text: Arbitrary text or HTML' into one of your widget areas (this will depend on the theme you chose). It will pop open, enter your Title and then paste the HTML code into the box below.

(Here's a screen grab from my blog)

Thanks Alice, I have changed blogs now. I hated wordpress with a passion, for someone who isn't adapt with ICT. When you have added the cost functions, it does look very good but it just isn't worth the cost.

Ahhh, that makes sense! What you've outlined there is exactly what I did, but it just wasn't showing the widget. Thanks Alice! :) Guess I'll have to get on with moving my blog to its own domain :P

shellyboo wrote:

Ahhh, that makes sense! What you've outlined there is exactly what I did, but it just wasn't showing the widget. Thanks Alice! :) Guess I'll have to get on with moving my blog to its own domain :P

That's quite alright - made me really sad when I realised it wasn't going to work! Definitely not good if Wordpress bloggers can't display their Lovehoney wishlists.

No, but I'm sure the IT fairies will get to it as soon as they get a chance :) Not to worry!

Hi,

Know I'm resurrecting an old thread but I am having this exact problem with my blog, and was wondering if there is a fix on the horizon?

Thanks.

T.