bondage gear for straight men?

Hi all, I know the title sounds wierd but bare with me, the OH has loads of bondage gear and we have great fun with it, I only have a couple of bits because most of the gear out there we don't like the look of, not wanting to sound homophobic but most of the clothes, restraints and bdsm toys look like they're designed for gay men! Does anyone know of anywhere or anything that might suit a straight bondage couple without me looking like I'm an extra in a Frankie goes to Hollywood video! Cheers

As in things for you to wear, or just restraints?

dh wrote:

As in things for you to wear, or just restraints?

Clothes, restraints, bdsm toys

i know what you mean Yes man,

i would love to see you looking like an extra in frankie goes to hollywood hee hee

I found it pretty difficult getting a full set of restraints for my wife (matching wrist & ankle cuffs, blindfold & ballgag) that weren't black leather so i know what you mean. I would have liked white but couldn't find any anywhere. In the end i got pink bondage boutique ones as i never wear the restraints, but that won't help you look any less 'gay'
What do you have in mind for clothes if not black leather/rubber? What would turn you & your OH on? I know the bloke in 50 shades apparently wore ripped old jeans; did your OH read & enjoy that?

dh wrote:

I found it pretty difficult getting a full set of restraints for my wife (matching wrist & ankle cuffs, blindfold & ballgag) that weren't black leather so i know what you mean. I would have liked white but couldn't find any anywhere. In the end i got pink bondage boutique ones as i never wear the restraints, but that won't help you look any less 'gay'
What do you have in mind for clothes if not black leather/rubber? What would turn you & your OH on? I know the bloke in 50 shades apparently wore ripped old jeans; did your OH read & enjoy that? Fifty shades is the reason why were in here and have the collection we do! Just wanna dress up in bondage without looking like a bull quear! lol

I agree with dh about the jeans - I love it when Mr Scorpius just wears his jeans whilst holding a crop - very hot. You really can't go wrong with floggers, paddles and crops and just being topless with jeans, or wearing an open shirt over the top is very sexy. As for the cuffs and restraints - we have a lot of black ones - but I am always the one wearing them - lol :) xxx

Hi Yesman

A dilemma I know, I thought exactly the same when I started out in what seems centuries ago now, the ladies had (&still) have all the fetching , beautiful and alluring attire whereas the fellas (& im talking from a straight perspective so no offence meant to anyone) have a limited choice and be careful so as not to look like they have walked out of the Blue Oyster bar.

I personally go for leather jeans (button fly usually) & have several different cuts, also a pair of side tie bikers jeans. I normally wear with just a t-shirt or topless if worn in the boudoir, or a casual top for everyday wear.

Restraint wise you can pay £££££££££ for luxury coloured soft leather cuffs, but have you considered rope? Very adaptable ,sensuous and comes in a range of colours, thickness and materials. I must admit I and OH arenow more of a fan of rope bondage play than with cuffs. Check out "Two knotty boys" on Youtube for ideas.

As for BDSM toys, well they tend to be more a personal taste. There is nothing to stop you improvising from your own drawers. A sturdy wooden spoon, stingy spatchula or hard hairbrush will all create different sensations; go on raid your drawers, you never know.

Rope sounds like a good idea for restraints, I love the look of japanese rope bondage

Naughty Miss K wrote:

Rope sounds like a good idea for restraints, I love the look of japanese rope bondage

I bought 10 metres of natural 9mm thick cdotton rope off Amazon a year ago now.

My wife loves it when I tie her up - I start by finding the middle of the rope & passing it over her head. Then I add 3 knots in the double stands, 1 just above her breasts, 1 between her breasts & the third below.

Then I pass the rope between her legs (making sure it passes between her her glorious wet lips) & bring up her back and through the loop behind her neck.

Now I split the double rope and pass each stand under her arms through the rope on the front binding her breasts before coming back to the rear. This criss crosses her body, I can either pin her arms into it or leave them free.

I can really wrap her body and have rope left to bind her legs into a squat position so I can easily play with her lovely wet pussy.

It's definitely worth getting some rope.

I love the look of a naked girl tied up in rope (proper shibari style) and would probably come just looking at my wife tied up like that, but sadly i do not have the patience to learn what looks like an art-form. So its a good job i find cuffs a real turn on too!

Yes man wrote:

Hi all, I know the title sounds wierd but bare with me, the OH has loads of bondage gear and we have great fun with it, I only have a couple of bits because most of the gear out there we don't like the look of, not wanting to sound homophobic but most of the clothes, restraints and bdsm toys look like they're designed for gay men! Does anyone know of anywhere or anything that might suit a straight bondage couple without me looking like I'm an extra in a Frankie goes to Hollywood video! Cheers

Hi Yes man

I appreciate this post was not made with the intention of offending anyone, however it has. Please be extremely aware when posting. A post like this begs the question, what exactly does a 'gay man' look like, in your opinion? I think you'll find that most gay / straight / lesbian / A-sexual people look like, well, any other man or woman you would see walking down the street. It's derogatory to pinhole anyone as looking different or as all gay men looking like they are a member of one single band.

Basically, if you have to start a sentence with a sub-clause pre-amble like 'Don't take offence, but.....' then you probably shouldn't say it.

If you do see any products online which you feel are more your taste which we don't currently stock at Lovehoney, please feel free to add them to the PANDER TO ME thread and we will review them for you :)

These are nice: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=19079 and because they are jeans it's not like you're wearing a thong or anything! There are three reviews and two are from married men whose OHs found them very attractive!

Personally I also like the look of these: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=24718 and http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=24719 although I am aware that they aren't bondage clothes. They're still hot though! *Fans face* Sorry I wasn't much help!

I'm not personally offended, but at the same time, I am struggling to understand where OP is coming from in terms of deciding that most BDSM clothing and toys are 'designed for gay men'?

Sure there are pieces of clothing that would perhaps appeal more to a gay person, but I highly doubt it was designed purely for that way.

Take this product for example: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=19010 - I can see why someone might assume that this was an item of clothing purely for someone who was gay.. but at the same time, surely this would be appropriate for someone who was into leather/bondage/pegging etc?

Like any type of clothing, everyone has their own style and different ideas about what would look good etc. It's up to you to make it work.

I think op may be thinking of the 80's gay guy uniform like in this highly educational video......

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nlGclIZV5JQ&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DnlGclIZV5JQ

I can kind of see what he means but as a man who enjoys female clothes, it doenst matter what you wear, if your straight then you can wear a pink frilly tutu if you so desire it and it wont make you any less straight. Lol.