Bondage on holiday.

So in a couple of months my wife and I will be going on our honeymoon. I
recently saw a lovehoney video about taking sex toys and holiday which
said not to take cuffs/handcuffs etc for obvious reasons. Now we are
both into bondage and the idea of doing none of it on our honeymoon
sounds crazy! So what I was wondering is would things such as silk
restraints etc be ok through airports or is this a completely no go
scenario that’s not worth any risk. Thanks in advance :)

I don’t see any restrictions with the silk restraints but you could
use alternatives for the time away. Stockings, a tie, a belt etc. are
all everyday items that cause no issue unless it’s holding your trousers
up then the metal detector finds it. There are other forum posts that
share thoughts on different items through airport checks, i have taken
handcuffs through in main luggage which didn’t contain metal without
problems. Congratulations on getting married, i hope you have a great
time away.

Yeah I was sure I’d taken leather cuffs on holiday before and never had
any problem. It’s just when I saw the lovehoney YouTube video they said
not to take any, made me a little concerned is all as I’d imagine
getting pulled aside at airport security and having to explain
everything could become a little embrassing! Thanks! We can’t wait to
get away!

They advise not to take cuffs and bondage items in hand luggage as
they could be seen as items that could be used for a potential hostage
situation but placing them in checked bags should be fine. It depends
where you are travelling to though. If you’re going to somewhere like
Dubai for example then sex products are all illegal over there and could
cause you some serious trouble if they’re found. Silk restraints,
scarfs, stockings etc are great options when travelling to such places.

I agree silk restraints should be fine. As a "rough"
alternative I always take washing line and a few pegs for swimwear
washing/drying, so that might work as both restraint and nipple clamps.
Also a silicon spatula or a sturdy fly swat could serve well as a
slapper or crop alternative. A blindfold should be an easy
improvisation. Im sure this has given you some good ideas. If all else
fails a bucket of ice from the bar can be fun. Enjoy your honeymoon

Perfect, thanks guys, it will be on checked baggage rather than hand
luggage, I think I’ll go ahead and order some silk restraints as I don’t
actually own any besides leather and metal. I’ve checked the rules and
sex products are fine as it’s the states and not one of the states where
they are illegal. You’ve all been a great help as always!

I have even used the rope you get on the handles of some paper bags from
fancy shops.

Why not buy when you get there.

Personally I would buy purpose made restraints, such as silly ones.
Please be careful with repurposing items to use as restraints, anything
too thin can dig in and cut the wrist/ankle and also be careful you
don’t end up with knots you can’t undo (take scissors in any event)

Why not take something like this (it makes a GREAT beach coverup) and use the satin belt as a restraint? :) https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=38857 Alternatively, you should be fine with softer items like silky restraints. In our video, we're more referring to classic metal handcuffs and rope, which can look a bit "I'm a crimmy criminal" when boarding a flight. A couple of other good alternatives are metal-free cuffs which won't show on the x-ray majigger, like these: https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=35519 or these: https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=32521 Either way, if you do decide to take purpose designed bondage gear, be prepared that they MAY (and it is only a may) take them from you. So don't take any precious toys you really don't want to have conficated and, obviously, make sure that toys are legal where you are travelling. Have fun, and happy anniversary!
Just a quick note in here as we’ve travelled plenty of times and had to take some essentials with us in case. We tend to always take a satin blindfold or something fabric as that tends to blend in with most of the towels etc. We sometimes take a tickler and we like to use underwear as a pair of cuffs and ankle restraints. Simply put your hand through one leg hole and then twist the undies so it makes a figure of 8 and then put your hand through the other leg hole so your wrist deep. You can then loop each side as many times as you want to keep things as tight as possible. This works absolute wonders and even at night time if we’re in a rush I’ll use this technique. This means you have more too fill your luggage with sexy lingerie from Lovehoney 🙌🏻

We already have some things similar jess so that’s a great idea, lovehoney members are so resourceful! Yeah that’s what I was worried about, I will be leaving a lot of our bondage gear here as we I feel I’d get some very odd looks going through airport security with a suitcase full of whips and restraints. I hadn’t considered fabric cuffs. thank you all for you ideas, you’ve cleared up a lot of concerns that I had aswell as giving me lots of new ideas! Reliable as always!

I've actually taken handcuffs abroad a few times and never had any problems. Granted, they were soft fabric ones that were opened so they didn't look like handcuffs. But I had no issues.

We've not taken anything abroad but when the kids were really small we had no worries with taking our bondage stuff and my OH took plenty of outfits with her when we stayed in caravans and cottages! We just carried on like we was at home, obviouly a bit easier when you don't go through customes! Although once when my OH was all plugged up, got a pussy pump on and wearing a latex nurses outfit our youngest who was about 5 at the time woke up having a night terror, typically my OH was the only one of us able to calm her down, once she calmed down she normally fell asleep but typically she woke up, she looked at my she asked why she was a nurse😯 She just got her back to sleep and never said anything. But anyone who had kids that age know they never forget so when she asked the same question the next morning we had to pursued her that she must had been dreaming about Nurse mummy looking after her! Now the kids are in their teens it's a proper holiday from everything!! 😟😟😟