Bras!

I wasn’t sure if this should go on here or the rant thread!

How on earth do you find the right size? As far as I can tell it’s all guesswork.

I’ve been to bra fittings in shops and tried measuring myself and buying and it is all just so random! Bra fitting I’ve been told I’m “this size or this size… Unless you get this one and then it’ll be this size… Actually, find one you like and try it on, that’s best”

They are so uncomfortable too, especially if you don’t get the right fit!.. Putting one on to be sexy? Yeah… I’m not there yet, one may flop out and I’ll have a red mark where the wires dig in, doesn’t put me in the mood! Haha

What am I doing wrong?!

1 Like

Hi @Sooze86 ,

You’re not doing anything wrong! The problems is that all bras fit differently , one size might fit perfectly in one make of bra but yet that same size might be a disaster in another brand.

Years ago I got fitted in a well know lingerie shop and I was in that fitting room for hours, eventually coming away with a very expensive bra…but at least it was the right fit! I’ve tried all the measuring stuff myself and I’ve never yet managed to get a bra to fit using that method. You’re right, try on as many as you can , its the only way to find the right one. The wires should be flat against your body between the breasts, you should only be able to insert two fingers behind the back strap, always try on the the loosest hook setting and make sure the breast is fully inside the wiring and not bulging over the top. It’s a minefield!
And now, of course with the situation as it is it’s not possible to get a fitting or try anything on before you buy, so god know’s how anyone is supposed to buy new bras if they don’t know their exact size !

1 Like

Ooh ooh ooh I can help! I recently measured myself on the A Bra That Fits Calculator and it has completely changed my bra game!

https://www.abrathatfits.org/calculator.php

I have learned so many new things about boobie sizes in the last month, I completely went down a rabbit hole :joy:

12 Likes

Wow I’m shooting over there right now to check it out!

Thanks Brenna really useful link

No one should have to wear an ill-fitting bra! #Justice4theboobies

7 Likes

Thank you for your replies! :heart: I will go and check out the link when I’m not busy pretending to work :laughing:

It’s strange what we just accept sometimes though, my other half admitted he thought it was akin to buying any other clothes, you’re a size and unless you lost or gained significant amounts of weight, that was it, perfect fit each time.

• that and he was very confused when he realised it was actual metal in the bottom of the bra “why? It’s the softest part of your body and its the hardest thing, why isn’t it more comfortable??”

can’t say I had any real answer for that, it’s just something we accept…

1 Like

You would not believe how angry I was when I found out that my “armpit fat” was actually boob… FURIOUS :joy:

5 Likes

Slight thread drift, but it’s no easier for men! Some stores a medium top fits me, others i have to have large yet sizes are supposed to follow some kind of standard! Also stores that no under 30 male would be seen dead in selling too much skinny fit clothing! :rage:

1 Like

Think I’m about a 56a in normal sizes lol

1 Like

Just had a shopping trip which exemplifies this perfectly.

We bought 5 bras and what seemed like a million pairs of knickers (I understand the logic perfectly) from Bijou Avenue.

All the bras were 34D. The black and white ones fit perfectly but the coloured ones are a good 2" to short to fasten comfortably round the back so it’s back to the shop to exchange them on Thursday.

2 Likes

Ok, so I got my back size right, but apparently I’ve been stuffing my G/GG boobies into DDs.

Fair enough, I should probably go up to an E cup, but there’s no way I can pull all of my armpit / back fat around to the front, and call it GG boob!

1 Like

A lot of it depends on the shape of your boobies as well, some shapes fit better in certain styles of bra than others

2 Likes

@Orgasm_Chaser Edited by Mod

1 Like

Ok, given for some reason at 4pm I was still bra free, I figured I’d grab the 42E I think is too big from the back of the drawer and give it a test drive! I might have to re-order the bras I thought I bought over the weekend if this works out!

2 Likes

Definitely true Brenna. Balcony bras are not flattering for me at all but plunge look fabulous

1 Like

I think my boobs are dissapearing with age! Any help with that would be welcome :laughing:

Apparently I too am wearing the wrong size, my results came back suggesting I need a starting size of 40 H ! I kind of knew that my bras weren’t fitting that well but was surprised the difference was mostly down to back size! But at least I have some idea of which size to start with now so thanks for that link @Lovehoney_Brenna

3 Likes

Also lets not forget how expensive good bra’s especially large cup ones can be! Currently need bigger ones and dreading it.

@Lovehoney_Brenna I’ve had one of those moments where I discovered my “armpit fat” was boob now I constantly check and make sure everything is in the bra if it’s a new bra…ok with all bras.

3 Likes

Performed somewhat a miracle for Mrs Sens birthday. Went into shop to buy her usual size (10c) and they didn’t have any, only the 10b. Gave it the eye / handful test and took a punt. Perfect fit straight off the bat!

Went back a few weeks later for her to buy some more, ended up with 2 different sizes depending on the style.

Its a far cry from the “bulk 5 pack” of briefs that we make do with…

1 Like