California Exotics Sexpert

sharry wrote:

Well done. Let us know when your first review for them is live.

Thank-you. Will do.

Well done!

I'm surprised I'm the first to ask what did you do to get this? Was it a distance learning course.was there exams or course work etc etc?

Just curious!

You apply online here: http://blog.calexotics.com/sexpert/ they are currently selecting 100 people based on social networking skills, just fill out the form and send off information about your writing experiences, blogs, and similar.

BigPoppa wrote:

Well done!

I'm surprised I'm the first to ask what did you do to get this? Was it a distance learning course.was there exams or course work etc etc?

Just curious!

Lol, no it's because of my blog. They consider me an expert as such when it comes to sex or some types in sex. I simply applied and showed them my blog and how many people have visited in a month. Then they sent me the email saying I am now a sexpert. Julie peasgood and Tracey Cox are considered sexperts, though I am not as well none or as good as them.

That's amazing!! Well done!

cool!

Thanks everyone.

Scarlot, glad you liked it, your blog is great, I adore that new picture of yours.

MM xx

Sexpert in this context doesn't mean someone like Tracey Cox, it's just a way for Cali Exotics to market their products by sending out toys for people to review on their blogs.

It might just be snobbery, but on blogs like Hey Epiphora California Exotic Novelties is not generally considered a particularly good brand in terms of product quality and innovation, but still, if they're sending out free toys that people are enjoying then it's all good!

Jake of Facts and Friction wrote:

Sexpert in this context doesn't mean someone like Tracey Cox, it's just a way for Cali Exotics to market their products by sending out toys for people to review on their blogs.

It might just be snobbery, but on blogs like Hey Epiphora California Exotic Novelties is not generally considered a particularly good brand in terms of product quality and innovation, but still, if they're sending out free toys that people are enjoying then it's all good!

I agree completely with this - I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this. I wouldn't class myself as a sexpert, I believe I know very little regarding sex in the terms of what I can learn. I also agree that they are doing it to sell their products/ make them better. I signed up too, and when they got back to me all they wanted to know was how good my social networking skills were. It's nice to get toys free and I love writing about them but I am only a Cal Exotic's sexpert, not a real life one. Sextoyseprt might be a better title?

Oh how I wish to be a real one, maybe after my degree as that's the whole point I started my psychology degree, but personally even then I wouldn't be a sexpert probably a relationship therapist or similar. Also people like julie peasgood, tracey cox, and tristan taormino, are social media icons, so it's very different to a sex research or therapist.

Yes it's all just marketing I'm afraid. Sex educators generally require a degree in something like Psychology or similar, then a PhD or further study in topics like Human Sexuality. I think Cal Exotics are being a bit cheeky using the 'sexpert' term in this way. On top of that, a lot of actual sex educators dislike the 'sexpert' term because it's a bit too liberally used by the media - everyone seems to be a sexpert nowadays!

That said, I don't want to diminish anyone's satisfaction from working with Cal Exotics - free toys are always good if you enjoy them and keep using them! And remember, if you don't get on with them, you can probably send them to LoveHoney's toy amnesty (search the site/Google for details) and get Oh! points in return

I didn't say I was a research sexpert, I said I was a california exotics sexpert.

MasqueradeMinx wrote:

BigPoppa wrote:

Well done!

Just curious!

Lol, no it's because of my blog. They consider me an expert as such when it comes to sex or some types in sex. I simply applied and showed them my blog and how many people have visited in a month. Then they sent me the email saying I am now a sexpert. Julie peasgood and Tracey Cox are considered sexperts, though I am not as well none or as good as them.

I think this is where you calling yourself a sexpert (e.g. Julie Peasgood for example) comes from and hence where the above comments have come from.

I too agree 'sexperts' are everywhere. Being able to use a toy doesn't make you a sexpert but getting free toys to try out and blog is not to be sniffed at....

Dirty Red Angel wrote:

MasqueradeMinx wrote:

BigPoppa wrote:

Well done!

Just curious!

I think this is where you calling yourself a sexpert (e.g. Julie Peasgood for example) comes from and hence where the above comments have come from.

I too agree 'sexperts' are everywhere. Being able to use a toy doesn't make you a sexpert but getting free toys to try out and blog is not to be sniffed at....

I never said that I took a course or anything. I said that it was due to my blog. Although I have never taken a course, I do consider myself to know quite a few things when it comes to sex, toys and relationships. I didn't say I was at their standards or anything.

I wish I hadn't bothered saying anything, I was really excited and happy to be a sexpert, not any more since people have picked it apart and said its not worth anything.

On a further note, I have been looking into both Tracey Cox and Julie Peasgood, neither of them have a degree in sex, psychology or anything for that matter.

They both worked in the media and then went on to write best selling books.

As they didn't got to university does this make not sexperts anymore?

Well sexpert isn't well defined so anyone can claim to be one.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you less excited or happy, I just wanted to say that it's an ambiguous term that Cal Exotics are being a bit cheeky using in that way. Enjoy the free toys :)

Jake of Facts and Friction wrote:

Well sexpert isn't well defined so anyone can claim to be one.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you less excited or happy, I just wanted to say that it's an ambiguous term that Cal Exotics are being a bit cheeky using in that way. Enjoy the free toys :)

Yep me too.

i like your blog but it does have a homemade vibe about it, woodpress url for a start, have you thought about updating it?

i find the background hard to read your posts and i love reading through ya posts

Very exciting - well done to you! I'm heading to the US tomorrow and will be meeting up with Calex during the trip and will be checking out the new products coming out over the next six months - some of which will end up in your toy box!

mrbumps wrote:

i like your blog but it does have a homemade vibe about it, woodpress url for a start, have you thought about updating it?

i find the background hard to read your posts and i love reading through ya posts

http://www.lcn.com/whois/search?s=MasqueradeMinx&x=61&y=18

domain names cheap cheap cheap. you could have masquerademinx.com !

mrbumps wrote:

I did look into a domain but they are quite expensive, I was going to wait and see if its popular.

I am in the process of changing to blogger, tc is helping me with some menus and html codes. If anyone does know anything about these, please let me know.