Campaign Against Pink

This came up in another topic... Am I the only one who finds the overwhelming amount of pink offputting in sex toys? Especially that hard bright pink. For one thing I associate that colour with little girls - not a connection I want to be making. For another, it just seems to make it all so... girly. "It's a sex toy, but look! it's pink! and cute!". Like the colour needs to tone down the sexuality of the toy by making it look cute.

There's a sex shop in London (Sh!) that I love, but that is ALL PINK. The shop itself, and the toys. Much as I love the place, as it's a very nice, good atmosphere and non-sleazy shop, the pink gets on my nerves!

I'm not a girly girl, and I don't really like pink. Pastel can be okay, but that hard pink just ruins a toy for me, makes it feel ridiculous. Like it's a Barbie toy.
This is made even more frustrating by the way other colours (especially black and blues) are often marketed for the gay market.

So here's my campaign for more colours in sex toys. Where are the blues, the greens, the purples? The dark red, the grey, the teal, the silvery? I'd love to see more colours in sex toys, so that the non-pink-inclined among us have more options besides Barbie's First Dildo or just not buying it..

Agreed - to a degree. Though there is quite a lot of choice on LH - many of their own brand come in purple/blue, also fun factory toys come is funky colours.

I can see the reasoning - anything that makes sex toys more marketable and accessable especially to those easily embarassed can on ly be a good thing, BUT it would be nice if more of those pink ones were also available in at least one other colour to give more choice.

Campaign about Pink.... Her songs aren't that bad!

I can't say I have ever had an issue with the colour of sex toys, Me & the missus like the realistic toys but for the none replica toys (rabbits, but plugs, vibes etc) I think they look better in the bright colours. We usually go for Red or Purple. I CERTAINLY don't think that pink toys have any connection to anything other than they were designed for.

When you start getting into cute toys, teddies, cartoon types etc then it becomes a bit... uncomfortable.

Darth wrote:

more options besides Barbie's First Dildo

Haha I love that phrasing!

I hate pink! Look, evidence:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=10258&reviewid=5263#customer_reviews

AHEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nothing wrong with all things pink....and as for that shop- id love to go there- sounds like the shop i visit in ND's story he wrote about me lol!

PPB

xx

I like pink sex toys...but then I'm a bloke so maybe it's a different viewpoint. I'd hate flesh coloured toys as I really don't want anything too lifelike!

I generally have pinks and purples in my box but colour isn't a massive issue for me! x

I'd like to point out that I'm perfectly entitled to hate pink, just as anybody else is perfectly entitled to love it, so there! :)

I do love pink lol i must confess....

but there really is only so many things your eyes can stand before it gets annoying. colours of sex toys dont really bother me tbh and i never wear pink clothes

each to their own lol!

x

hehe...a rainbow of sex toys, quite appealing.

I indeed have a whole rainbow of them - in fact I have one toy which is all multicoloured. Anyway... I digress...

hehe I may just do that next time I'm bored too :p Just for your amusment ;)

I'm with ppb on this one!!

I don't tend to like pink, but that is more just because I do not like the colour generally.

I think I have one toy that is pasel pinkbut I tend to go for blues and purples if i get the choice.

I usually pick white/black if I have a choice. That said pink would not put me off a toy as you wont see much of it once it get hold of it.

I have no problem with pink being available, I just hate when it's the ONLY colour availble. Because it's very much a little-girls-and-barbie colour to me.

Darth wrote:

I have no problem with pink being available, I just hate when it's the ONLY colour availble. Because it's very much a little-girls-and-barbie colour to me.

I've got that little-girl-barbie response to pink too. I hasten to add, I'm not saying pink = bad, I'm saying that I have a strong response to the colour pink which feels unpleasant to me.

I can understand that some people don't link pink - hey, I don't like pink!

But the cold hard fact us that whenever we have a product available in multiple colours, pink is the most popular choice.

LoveHoney Ladyfinger is avaialable in pink, purple, blue and white - pink and purple are equal top, out-selling blue by 2 to 1 and white by 4 to 1.

But we've got plenty more colours, just like you want

If you want to avoid pink, search for your product type on LoveHoney and the left-hand menu will change to show you the colours available.

For example, search for vibrator and you see that we've got almost as many purple vibes as pink...

Colour

And when it comes to a search for dildo, pink is only fourth...

Colour

Lubyanka wrote:

Darth wrote:

I've got that little-girl-barbie response to pink too. I hasten to add, I'm not saying pink = bad, I'm saying that I have a strong response to the colour pink which feels unpleasant to me.

I understand what you mean - I have that same reaction to gold things - I can't help linking it with tackiness etc and it maes me feel a bit 'ick'. hard to explain.

As a bloke I do prefer the classic colours (cough, black, silver) but I can see that some toys are less frightning if they are available in other colours (red, purple, blue). E.g. Bondage Tape, Nipple Suckers, Rope etc.

I don't think you would catch me buying anything pink - even if it was for my wife - well, unless it was Hello Kitty Bondage tape or something.

LoveHoney - Richard wrote:

I can understand that some people don't link pink - hey, I don't like pink!External Media

But the cold hard fact us that whenever we have a product available in multiple colours, pink is the most popular choice.

Thank you for that Richard, that's interesting that pink is so popular. I have to say that when it comes to sex toys, my primary interest is kinaesthetic rather than visual, so I'll go for feel appeal over visual yuck any day of the week. :)

My single favourite clitoral vibrator is, unfortunately, pink. However, I do have lots of other favourites which aren't (blue spiral glass dildo, purple wee vibe). This doesn't stop me from enjoying a good ole rant about pink and my yuck response to it. :)

KinkyWolf wrote:

As a bloke I do prefer the classic colours (cough, black, silver) but I can see that some toys are less frightning if they are available in other colours (red, purple, blue).

Wow, what on earth is the classic cough colour? Phlegm? Surely not. :p