Can we take our sex toys and sexy vid collection with us?

We've been told we are going to live in Abu Dhabi for a couple of years, with Mr Belle's work.

Trouble is we are reading that they are not very conservative, and we don't know if we can take our stuff with us. We've heard horror stories oif people who went to Saudi and Jordan, and had their containers emptied and the 'customs men' went through the whole lot and destroyed and magazines or books with pictures of women, and anything they considered 'immoral'

Has anyone got any experiance of the UAE? Our collection is extensive, and we'd hate to lose it, and also hate to be parted from it

Belles

Thanks Avrielle.

The problem is that this deals with a visit - we will be living there. Also the particular area of the world we are going to is more intolerant than most - kissing in public is banned, so it is quite strenuous.

Our stuff would go via a container, so no carry on stuff to worry about, but we don't know how closely they will look at it. We're not worried about the 'getting into trouble with the authorities' bit, to be honest, more about losing what we have and being without for two years

Belles

The stories I've heard I would not take the risk - I believe people have been thrown in jail for far less.

I recall seeing somewhere (possibly Amnesty International's site) some poor guy got locked up for being a "drug dealer" because he had a couple of asprins in his hand luggage.

See, maybe this says a little too much about how high my kink features in my life overall, but I couldn't imagine ever living somewhere that didn't allow any!

You could always buy a private server and upload to that, that solves piccies and vids but not toys...

From what I've heard I wouldn't want to live there, I've spoke to one person who 'fled' from there, there are all crazy laws about foreigners.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/12/world/middleeast/12dubai.html

I've also heard about some companies who turn over staff in a couple of months of them being there to save money (having no legal protection its free to fire them).

Although you're concerned about your toys I think its indicative of a much wider issue.

Money or Liberty.

I hope you either stay with your sex toys or live there and love it!

Good Luck!

Moving house, let alone moving to another country is always going to mean some interruptions in your toy relationships! The best thing might be to pop them into storage over here whilst you initially move, then if you find out that you can take them over there without a problem, they will be ready and waiting!

x

Hmm, WandA's comment about a private server certainly does tick one box, thanks for the tip.

Fully understand about the employement concerns, but we'd be still employed by a european company witha european contract - including a clause to repatriate if all goes wrong. That does help us salve some worries.

After searching we haven't found anything definitive, so we'll go with the 'get some sacrificial toys' suggestion. Our thinking is that if they get confiscated at customs, as we haven't used them in country we won't have actually broken any laws. The paperwork we have been given for the move does not require us to specifically state we are shipping them, nor does it say they are not allowed.

Reckon we'll be able to access LoveHoney Forums from a UAE jail...?

Someone has just e-mailed us this link

http://www.wgfriendly.com/en_hotelsGrid.php?s_country=17&s_city=16

ermm, not exactly the most politically correct site, but at least it had some valuable info

Just keep all the boxes that say "For novelty use only" or "Massager"... Easy peasy!

Good luck anyway, everything will be fine, its not really worth them upsetting Westerners too much because of the pressure that comes with it is it?

Hope you enjoy the sun!

We'll certainly try - as far as we know, you are allowed on beaches with Bikinis and so forth, so at least we can do that. We also saw that on certain sites there are swingers based there, so maybe some fun can be had under the table......

He he he

Been a while since we posted, mainly due to the move and blocked access to sites like these.

Got around the block with a VPN, so we can see all our favourite smutty sites and keep our appetite for adult movies fed!

As for the toys, we thought that rather than just store them and not use them, we would sling them all in the box with the undies. Happily, they all arrived completely untouched, so we are enjoying them

Mr Belle also went on a business trip to Amsterdam, and brought back some glass toys, a dildo and a butt plug; he thought that glass probably wouldb't show up as much on the x-rays, which I doubt! He would have had a few moments trying to explain that at customs, but happily no problems there either.

I can say that I don't know why it took us so long to get glass toys.... wow! We will be investing in more, I can assure you

Belle_djour wrote:

Been a while since we posted, mainly due to the move and blocked access to sites like these.

Got around the block with a VPN, so we can see all our favourite smutty sites and keep our appetite for adult movies fed!

As for the toys, we thought that rather than just store them and not use them, we would sling them all in the box with the undies. Happily, they all arrived completely untouched, so we are enjoying them

Mr Belle also went on a business trip to Amsterdam, and brought back some glass toys, a dildo and a butt plug; he thought that glass probably wouldb't show up as much on the x-rays, which I doubt! He would have had a few moments trying to explain that at customs, but happily no problems there either.

I can say that I don't know why it took us so long to get glass toys.... wow! We will be investing in more, I can assure you

Hey well done belle It would be a nightmare so far away with no toys.So i'm glad you sussed a way round it all .Hope you enjoy your time in the sun but please be careful they'd love to make a fool of any westerners so have fun and watch your backs nod nod wink xxx lmd

we will be careful, trouble is we like a little bit of exhibitionism too, so we will have to be extra careful

I remember flying into Cuba and they were very funny about stuff there they actually destroyed my OHs copy of loaded magazine lucky we didn't have any toys in our hand luggage : )

Good to see you got around the rules then. Glass can be much fun... Just tell customs it's a mango juicer.

Belle_djour wrote:

we will be careful, trouble is we like a little bit of exhibitionism too, so we will have to be extra careful

please don't go there or we will be talking to you from jail both of you ..

basicaly its a muslim country with the muslim law and as they consider public kissing an offence, i would say that they see toys as the creation of the devil. If i was going there i would not bring anything of that sort at all. You might have to stick to fingers and the real thing

I think Abu Dhabi wants to encourage trade with the rest of the world and, while not being as relaxed as their cousins in Dubai, there appears to be a certain tolerance to allow westerners to 'do their thing', but only so long as they don't flaunt it.

So I suspect you're doing the right thing, enjoying your fun as you did before, but this time quite literally & explicitly behind closed doors. Certainly not a country for those with exhibitionist tendencies to yxplore limits. That'd bring the whole house of cards down, and probably with a little guilt by association make life uncomfortable for a few closer friends and neighours, too.

Have fun, lots, but don't take the piss.

You guys are braver than me - I'd be petrified of ending up in jail - I reckon I'd have left the toys at home.

Glad it went to plan & you and the toys arrived safely

x