Can't keep an erection with a condom.

So I have been dating a guy for a while and we got onto the topic of sex. He told me he can't wear condoms as he looses his erection. He had an sti test a couple of months ago and was clear and h has not had a partner since then.

Would it be rude of me to ask him to get another test for my peace of mind.

I think I am going to get some female condoms. They are harder to get a hold of though and cost more. I know yo can get them on here 3 fr £5.49. Does anyyone know other places hat sell them?

Well it's your sexual health so if he insists he can't wear a condom then I don't think it's an unreasonable request...

I have heard it said to me before that this will happen but I found when faced with the "well fine we can't have sex then til you either get a test or wear a condom" tis amazing how miraculous things can happen....

Alternatively, perhaps suggest trying condoms and seeing what happens, with lots of foreplay, being turned on etc, then he might find the condoms aren't too bad, whatever he does, tell him to avoid any of those "performance enhancing" ones they are definitely erection killers in my opinion...

Good luck

loss of erection due to condoms? That's a new one on me! Classic.

You can get them with a built in cockring at the base if required.

No it wouldn't be rude to request a test at all Poppi. It's your body, you've got to live with it for the next 70 odd years so look after it!

Ello there MTC :) Hope you're okay lovely. Just having a quick mooch! SG x

Yeah sounds like crap. We all love to feel for real but the ultra condoms these days seriously feel like ur not wearing one anyway. Get him to try those. If he won't tell them tough you don't want to do bareback.

SEXYGET 69 wrote:

No it wouldn't be rude to request a test at all Poppi. It's your body, you've got to live with it for the next 70 odd years so look after it!

Aww SG, long time no speak.... Have missed you gorgeous, how's things? I'm ok, surviving... xx

BTW these condoms are great....

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=24231

It's your health, never do anything that compromises you for the sake of someone else. Honestly, I find it hard to believe he *can't* keep an erection with a condom, more likely he finds it more pleasurable to have sex without - which I can understand may well be the case, but holds a rather high potential price.

Have you discussed the concept of the female condom with him? Part of me wonders if he'll say "that'd be like shagging a crisp packet" or similar...

awww hugs, try and get larger condoms for him! if the problem still happends it him not wanting to wear one!

i suffer the same problem, not every time but enough times for the snip to be had as condoms would have equalled a poor and hit and miss love life - as it turns out thus far the snip is proving worse option as some sex life with a condom would be a huge step up from no sex.

why is it girls always assume that condom kills erection always to be a line? i'll admit in many cases it may be but please girls don't tar us all with the same brush as it is a rather embarassing issue (even when married) when what went up suddenly goes down

poppicat i don't think asking for another test is rude at all, eminently sensible I'd say.

you might be able to get free femidoms from a walk in centre or family planning?

cheers

cappy

Yeah think I am going to ask him to get another test and I will get tested too. Then I am going to see how he feels about femidoms and jut have a god chat.

I had that once with an ex - but it turned out it was the type of condom. We were using your average safe condoms, but as soon as we switched to the Durex Pleasuremax he was fine and we had a great time! Suggest trying some different sizes and textures as this can really make a difference.

what a line!! looser all over that one--! find some one who will respect you at the start and things can only get better--

its your body -no need to put anything you dont like in it

T

MissTerryCleavage wrote:

SEXYGET 69 wrote:

Aww SG, long time no speak.... Have missed you gorgeous, how's things? I'm ok, surviving... xx

Aplogies for the thread hijack.

Hello there!

Glad you're okay mate. I'm fine here, plodding on as ever. All ready for christmas so I'm gonna sit on my arse tomorrow and do nothing if the kids don't bug the life outta me that is! We're off to my sisters for Christmas dinner (only around the corner) so that should be eventful as she can't cook for toffee! But I'm sure we'll enjoy it! I did offer to give her a hand but she told me to pee off, ahh well. I'll make a deep cheesecake and bring the booze instead! I got my 20 year service award from work a few weeks ago, nuts mate, I'm getting. . . old :( bummer. That's all me gossip girl. You must have a string of fellas in your wake by now gorgeous and if not I don't believe you! :)

Gotta dash mate. I hope you're okay and I'll wish you a very Happy Christmas MTC and all the best for the new rear oops! I meant year! :)

Massive squeezes from SG x

Ps- I do pop on for a nose now and again! Look after yourself lovely x

There is a difference between can't and won't. Even though i have had the snip, i would still use a condom with a new partner.

BTW having the snip did not affect my sex life in anyway, in fact it took the pressure of having to worry about contraception that we noth felt more relaxed.

Sex without a condom is more pleasurable, the consequences of catching something or getting pregnant is not

could be too tight.,,, try a bigger size xxx

i had this prob... skyn large fixed it

i have had this issue in the past - so those shooting the guy down - please realise the the OP said her guy "can't" not "won't".

It is not out of order for you to ask him to get re-tested and it's good that you said you would also. He shouldnt take offence to this at all if he is genuine.

Also why not try some Viagara for him too

So me and my OH had a really long chat about the whole condom thing. It turns out that he is rather large and large condoms do fit but he is very aware he is wearing one but thats not the main reason. I am not going into detail but something happened in his past when he was a young teen and condoms set of flashbacks. As someone who has been in a similar situation I can 100% understand where he is coming from. It was quite a hard conversation for the both of us but I feel we are much closer now.

what about using a cock ring ?