Can't orgasm with penetration

So I know that this is quite common anyway, I can only orgasm with clitoral stimulation, but something else I experience is that when something is inside me I can’t stimulate my clit. It kind of goes numb until something’s not in me anymore and then I can feel properly again. I’m not sure if this is normal, I have no idea because my friends don’t talk about this kind of stuff. It’s really annoying because I love the feeling of penetration but it still doesn’t let me orgasm, and I try to help it with stimulating the clit but it’s just like numb. So in the end I can only climax with my clit being played with. It’s just frustrating because there’s so much you can do to enjoy it but only 1 thing makes me orgasm.

Any advice? Am I the only one who experiences this? My only guess is maybe my body can’t handle all the stimulation at once but still, I wish I could do my clit whilst a guy is going inside me. Any tips on how you could orgasm through penetration? I’ve never been able to do it so I don’t expect to but it’d be interesting to see some tips :slight_smile:
Thanks for reading :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Not the same thing but the cause may be the same.

When I’m being pegged by my wife or otherwise anally stimulated I often lose my erection and lose interest in any sort of penile stimulation. I think it’s because the sensations from being anally stimulated completely overwhelm any other sensations from any other part of my body. Once the anal stimulation stops I can become erect again and orgasm through penile stimulation.

Could it be that something similar is happening to you? Perhaps you are focusing so much on the feelings from penetration that you lose focus on your clitoris?

3 Likes

That’s interesting,

I’m honestly not sure, I try to focus more on my clit whilst enjoying the sensation of penetration - but maybe it’s more that my body can’t deal with both at once :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

My wife can only orgasm via clitoral stimulation. She does cum when I’m inside her though. I thrust and move then lean into friction grind her clit either her on top, me on top, or her on her belly and she uses her hand. When she’s solo she can make herself cum very quickly dry fingers / knuckles on herself. Lately I’ve been wearing a vibrating cock ring which really gets her off. Everyone’s different so try not to worry about it too much.

2 Likes

Same for me on the anal side. From using anal butt plug or dildo or prostate vibrator my penis goes soft and I get pre cum come out. I can get hard with them still in my butt and receive bj or band job or use mastubator. I orgasm with them in me. But if I leave my penis alone it will go soft after a while even with a cock ring on.

2 Likes

Am I the only one who experiences this?

You’re not alone. I’m like this too with OH a lot of the time, and fare better with rabbits that have vibrating ears. Maybe it’s the case for you too, but for me, I’ve always put it down to him being a bit girthy which I imagine is stretching things out a bit too much down there, and detracting from Clitoral stimulation - it’s doable but takes a huge amount of effort, and must include a toy. Most rabbits have a good inch less circumference than OH, and I’m well away if they have vibrating ears. Clitoral toys are undoubtedly my fave :blush:

BTW, I’ve only ever climaxed when using vibrating toys and never (or so infrequently that I can’t remember) with hands, mouth, whatever, alone. We normally start with me and end with me - I don’t climax every session but the break helps.

Try not to stress about it and try to enjoy your shared time together, even if he’s helping you with Clitoral stimulation in other ways while not being inside :kissing_heart:

5 Likes

thanks for sharing!
I’ve tried rabbits before but a similar thing happens, the vibration from the ears does nothing, but if I take it out and just put the vibration on my clit without it going in, it’s great!

I can climax from hands and vibrators (vibrators give me the best) but I haven’t been able to from him giving me head.

It’s good to know I’m not the only one from the replies so that’s made me feel loads better :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I just asked my sister how she gets on, and she describes it the exact same way that you do but for her too :blush:

1 Like

A vibrating cock ring sounds interesting, I might have to see if my fwb to try it

Does it just make the penis vibrate so it’s almost like a vibrator? I have no idea, i’ve never really known what a cock ring does :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

oh wow! It’s amazing you have that kind of relationship with her to talk about this kind of stuff
That makes me feel loads better!

4 Likes

What about a cock ring, while been penetrated it can buzz on your clit…

3 Likes

I’m exactly the same. I find it difficult to orgasm during piv even with a toy and I’ve always assumed it’s because the sensation distracts from the clitoral stimulation but also I feel like the thrusting loosens off my build-up to orgasm, if you know what I mean? :thinking: The muscles need to get tight for me to climax. I find I’m more likely to orgasm if he stops for a few minutes (still inside) while my orgasm builds or if he does small, shallow thrusts.

3 Likes

Yeah I get that. For me, it’s more just the sensation on my clit goes numb, the thrusting to me makes me moan more but there’s just nothing going on with my clit no matter what I try - it’s so odd but at least I’m not alone!

1 Like

Alas I don’t have a clue for advice in this area but I know there’s many other on here that definitely will be able to help out :slightly_smiling_face: all I can think of is try to experiment with different techniques till you find what works best.

1 Like

I used to be the same for years…would rather have foreplay as found PIV sex itself meh…

Fast forward alot of years different partner different positions and I love it now.

Don’t put pressure on yourself…maybe try other things…a different position perhaps where the angle of penetration is slightly different?

“Positions of the week” is a good place to look for ideas…

Good Luck

2 Likes

Yes try it and see. We’ve tried two and my wife really enjoyed both.

The first one had magnetic points charger and after a while wouldn’t charge, I think it was just one off faulty.

The new one it has a little lead push all the way in and charges really well.

On me it feels more like my balls are vibrating but it must vibrate on the base of my penis a bit. Then when she leans on it she gets full direct vibrations.

I change angle so it’s on her clit for her orgasms then when I’m ready to come I slide it around so the main body is really over my balls and it helps fire off a big orgasm for me.

All the way through my relationship @Foxylealover being able to orgasm through penetration wasnt possible. Clit stimulation was the only way I could reach orgasm, it is only recently that my husband has changed his technique in ‘finger play’ and when combined with me playing with my clit gives me a completely new level orgasm.

3 Likes

I almost always have a vibrator on my clit during any sexual activity, since penetration alone doesn’t always do it for me! Sometimes I have to really focus on the feeling on my clit to push me over the edge during penetrative sex. I’ve found that when I move into some positions (like if I’m on my back and I lift my legs up to my chest) the vibration on my clit becomes less stimulating for me, but sometimes I just have to move the vibrator to a different spot (like from the top of my clit to the bottom or press it harder into the side of my clit), then it does the trick :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

If you’re using a vibrator, maybe try holding it on different spots around and under your clit during penetration to see if you can find a sweet spot (I’m still finding all my sweet spots for when my body and legs are bent at different angles). It’s worth experimenting because you might really enjoy a blended orgasm vs an only clitoral orgasm or only g-spot orgasm. This Lovehoney blog post has a good vulva diagram and talks about different types of orgasms and some positions to try - The Female Orgasm: Everything You Need to Know :+1:

5 Likes

oo thanks I’ll check it out! Penetration feels amazing I think because of the force of it, but my clit is still like numb and even though I love the feeling of it, I still haven’t managed to orgasm from it

wow thanks! Yeah it just goes kind numb but I’ll try with my vibrator and see what happens, a vibrator has always given me the best orgasms so maybe I’ll try!
I’ve never used one during sex though with the guy I sleep with, how do I bring it up?

1 Like