Chance meetings

Just curious, has anyone from the forum bumped into another member just on the off chance and actually recognised each other?
Also wondering that if anyone had or would in the future would you consider being friends or is forum life something you’d prefer to stay the way it is with only being anonymous friends so to speak? :smiley:

3 Likes

I don’t think I have met anyone on here yet and it would t phase me either way got nothing to hide I don’t think I’d recognise anyone either to be honest mate ? @SteelA1 :+1:

1 Like

How would you know?

From what I’ve seen any attempt to reveal personal info is instantly slapped down.

2 Likes

Not sure how I’d feel really, nothing to hide really but not sure if I’d sooner keep all this to myself or not! Not sure if I’d be nervous not :grimacing::joy:

2 Likes

Just mean from pictures or something really :blush:

No idea and if I have met someone off site I don’t know about it. There are a few people that I wouldn’t mind meeting but sure thats never going to happen. I enjoy the anonymity.

2 Likes

Again, how would you know?

Unless you can recognise Lisa next door to you by her cleavage or Steve at work by the full body shot of the body stocking with the face blacked out.

Short of someone saying “I read this thing on the internet last night about X, Y and Z” and you saying “I wrote that” - infinitesimally small odds of even knowing you’d passed within 10 feet of a LH forum member.

1 Like

Personally I enjoy being relatively anonymous on here as it allows me to be more open and honest. I’ve not been on here for very long but if I was to bump into someone from here in real life I would probably be a little embarrassed and then laugh about it later. It would be difficult to know unless we both said we where members and what our usernames are.

5 Likes

I like the fact that the forum is anonymous. I doubt that anyone would be recognised anyway, not many people put full face pics on here and recognising someone simply from a body shot of their lingerie would be extremely unlikely I should think.

2 Likes

Not met anyone yet, but I’d love to :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:x

3 Likes

To my knowledge, I’ve not met anyone but people I know in “real life” could definitely recognise me on here. I’ve talked about stuff going on in my real life and shared photos where myself and my animsls are certainly recognisable to those that know me. As I’ve said on another thread, I’d be fine with people recognising me as I’m more than happy to talk sex toys in the real world too but it’s why I don’t share any lingerie pictures on here because I wouldn’t want people I know having them.

5 Likes

The most likely way for any of us to meet/recognise someone are the pics upload.

I’ve been part of hobby interest forums where i met members in real life, and its been really nice, every time.

Can’t quite see it happening with lovehoney to be honest… we’re into sex and sex toys…
If we were allowed to share personal details, where do you go from there???
I completely understand why lovehoney have prevented these forum functions.

1 Like

There was light hearted talk of a sort Lovehoney Convention event a few years ago that was quite funny. There’s a few members i wouldn’t mind meeting, just to have a drink and a chat.

2 Likes

Not met anyone as far as I know, it wouldn’t really phase me, I don’t shout about being a member of the forum, however neither would I deny it.

2 Likes

Not sure how people would know as little info disclosed.

@Peitho . I can understand why you dont share lingerie photos from what you say.
Shame all the same,as im sure they would be fantastic.

This thread kind of ties in with one i started a while back.

1 Like

I’ve never knowingly met another forum member but i wouldn’t have a problem with it as discretion is the key word here “what goes on on tour stays on tour” so to speak,that said as @WillC says there are members i wouldn’t mind having a drink and chat with.

2 Likes

I think thats a great idea, like minded people able to just chat and have a drink with no judgment about what people might think of your kinks or guilty pleasures.
Could have different areas for say those that are interested in swinging or learning about other subjects.

1 Like

It would be nice, but it was just a light hearted topic from a few years ago. I doubt it would be cost effective for Lovehoney to organise and it would likely be a nightmare to police.

1 Like