Changing Screen Name

Hello wonderful people! I was wondering if anyone could tell me how I’m able to change my screen name for the forums? It seems to be ‘greyed out’ and won’t let me when I go the obvious page? Thank you, Ben

You can't do it yourself, you need to contact customer care who will consider the request. They won't just change it because you have changed your mind or don't like your choice anymore though.

No expert, when I chosen mine there was a message saying it can't be changed I'm afraid.

Forum FAQ wrote:

Can I change my screen name?

When you sign up for your community account, it does state that you should think very hard about the username you go for because it can't be changed once you've picked it, and this is true. Although we do have the physical ability to change account names in-house, the work it involves to fix broken links around the website after we've changed a name is quite a big problem.

We only change screen names in extreme circumstances. If your screen name change isn't urgent, please continue to use the screen name you have.

If you believe your screen name must be changed contact Customer Care who will forward your request to the Forum Moderator for review.

It will help speed up the process if you can provide the following information when you get in touch:

Current Screen Name: New Screen Name: Email Address: Full Name: DOB or Postcode: Reason for change:

Here's the section about it from the Forum FAQ thread. Hope this helps. 🙂

Hi guys

Please ping an email to customer care with the above info (thanks Ian Chimp) and we'll get that updated for you.

Thanks!

Ah brilliant, thank you all! I wouldn’t say my request is particularly urgent, I just wanted to change it to reflect that both my other half and I use this account... so it looks like we’ll be sticking with boring old Ben1992! Thank you all!

Ben1992 wrote:

Ah brilliant, thank you all! I wouldn’t say my request is particularly urgent, I just wanted to change it to reflect that both my other half and I use this account... so it looks like we’ll be sticking with boring old Ben1992! Thank you all!

No problem Ben :)

If you do decide you do still want to change it, we'll be more than happy to. Just drop us a line when you're ready.

Thanks!