Christmas decorations up?

Ordinarily I’ve never been a fan of putting our Christmas decorations up before December but this year we decided that with lockdown we’d put up our tree in mid-November.

:christmas_tree:

So who’s already got their decorations up and who’s been waiting for December?

5 Likes

We’re waiting a bit longer, in a house with several cats it’s usually a good idea to not have the temptation for them for too long :joy:

5 Likes

I’m waiting till December. Usually have the tree up about 2 weeks or so before Christmas.
I can kind of understand why, given the current miserable situation we’re living in at the moment, that people are getting the tree and decorations up earlier in a bid to cheer things up a bit.

3 Likes

Not yet but will be working on it this week, at my house(parents) and at my OH’s house(though I stay here most days/nights at the point). Will be fun decorating the tree with him as it’s our first christmas together.

3 Likes

Yes! :christmas_tree::santa::christmas_tree::santa::christmas_tree::santa::christmas_tree::santa::christmas_tree::santa:

3 Likes

Starting ours today. Will take a few days to finish

3 Likes

Already have decorations up , put up mid November. :christmas_tree:

3 Likes

Yes, albeit under duress! Humbug

3 Likes

I won’t be putting them up at all.

2 Likes

Nope not yet! Mid December for us, but I totally understand those doing it earlier. We have a large greyhound and always go for a real tree so needles coming off can be an issue.

4 Likes

Ours went up the weekend before last.

3 Likes

We put ours up the weekend before last, as we were working last weekend, and the weather was ok for putting exterior lights up, plus as Decemeber goes on. work gets hectic. A bit early but as others have said, this year we need some cheer!
Would it be a nice idea to have a Christmas decorations picture thread?

5 Likes

@WillC YES! @Lovehoney_Brenna is that possible?

5 Likes

Ours is going up today.

2 Likes

We put our little tree up this morning it’ll be decorated over the coming week along with the rest of the house and it’ll all be down by new year’s day lol

3 Likes

You can just start a new photo topic the same as any other topic. :+1: It’ll need approval like the posts, but you don’t need to ask first. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Me and Mrs V started last night. Few lights up etc, our tree arrives this week so we’ll decorate that together.

2 Likes

@Ian_Chimp i love your origami decorations, they’re really nice

3 Likes

Thank you. :slightly_smiling_face: They could do with a revamp, but I instantly forget about that as soon as I pack them away again in January. :slightly_smiling_face:

If Brenna does a Christmas tree competition I’ll have a bash at some Lovehoney ones. :slightly_smiling_face:

And if you want to make your own you can google ‘sonobe’, and that should give you the template. :+1:

Christmas Decorations (photos)

3 Likes

We have a tradition of drinking homemade mulled wine whilst putting our decs up over the first weekend of December. Best get some red in for Saturday!

Love those origami beauties @Ian_Chimp! I’d love to have some like that but our cats would just eat them! :laughing:

3 Likes