Cock Ring + Condom Query!

Hi all, brand new here at Lovehoney and new to the world of sex toys! I was hoping someone could help me out with a quick question I have?

I'm going to buy my first vibrating cock ring but was just wondering, as a lot of them say they are made from silicone and to use water-based lubricants, would there be any problems with wearing condoms whilst using the cock ring? As most (if not all) condoms come with a lube on them, do I need to buy any particular kind of condom or will any kind be ok?

Thanks for any help, it's really appreciated! xx

I've just realised I may have posted this in the wrong thread, my apologies! If a mod feels it should be in the Sex Toys thread instead of the Tips thread, please by all means move it!

Thanks, and sorry! xx

Condoms come with water based lube on, silicone would degrade them, so you can use any condoms. Don't put the cock ring on top of the condom, it will rub and break it, put the cock ring on first and put the condom on until they're touching

Hello and welcome x

Young and fun95 wrote:

Condoms come with water based lube on, silicone would degrade them, ....

Where did you get that information? Most condoms are latex, I've never heard that silicone destroys latex. (Oil-based lube is said to kill latex condoms). On the other hand I have read somewhere (but I don't remember where) that the lube on condoms is silicone-based, and the feel of it (thin, effective, long-lasting) supports that claim.

I strongly suspect that lube-free condoms are available, but whether they are worth it (i. e. whether it's not cheaper in the long run to buy a new cock ring when the current one has been killed by Lidl condoms - 12 for € 1.99) is for you to calculate.