Come to Germany to work and find love, British are told

As there are a lot of students on the forum and some have mentioned looking for work, I thought this article may be of interest. Apprenticeships on offer for people with A level and above. Ive worked in Germany for years (too many says my wife) and I love it. German apprenticeships are excellent and I personally like the people and the quality of life. It sounds like a great deal.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/jobs/10097363/Come-to-Germany-to-work-and-find-love-British-are-told.html

Germany is one of my most favorite places in the world (and there are few such). I especially like to visit in the fall or winter, flying to München preferably, when there are not too many touristy humans about. Best of all is the Christkindlmarkt (now go ahead and pronounce it!). I usually go alone, but sometimes with another befriended organic person, all hungry, and then the three-day orgy of food & glühwein begins. Germany can't be beat as far as food is concerned (sorry, México, that also means you). And where else in the world can one get a fischsemmel on the street, as if it were a burger?

On the other hand, to this day I cannot understand their universal "vacation in Hamburg is a must" fetish, especially among Berliners. That's positively perverse ;)

Awwww I'm 39 and will mention the war, so I guess I'm out

Thanks Gunther, I graduate this year and have been looking about for jobs. I have looked at going abroad, but have avoided searching in most of Europe because of the language barrier. Maybe I'll reconsider :)

If I was younger, I'd definitely have done something like this. Have worked abroad before and loved it. Germany is a great place so seems a win win to me :)

Hazy wrote:

Thanks Gunther, I graduate this year and have been looking about for jobs. I have looked at going abroad, but have avoided searching in most of Europe because of the language barrier. Maybe I'll reconsider :)

The language isnt really a barrier, I speak German because I worked in Éast Germany when nobody spoke English, German is an easy language to learn, we are Anglo Saxons after all. Go for it..or at least give it a good consideration.

repliquant wrote:

Germany is one of my most favorite places in the world (and there are few such). I especially like to visit in the fall or winter, flying to München preferably, when there are not too many touristy humans about. Best of all is the Christkindlmarkt (now go ahead and pronounce it!). I usually go alone, but sometimes with another befriended organic person, all hungry, and then the three-day orgy of food & glühwein begins. Germany can't be beat as far as food is concerned (sorry, México, that also means you). And where else in the world can one get a fischsemmel on the street, as if it were a burger?

On the other hand, to this day I cannot understand their universal "vacation in Hamburg is a must" fetish, especially among Berliners. That's positively perverse ;)

Had six months in Mexico (Veracruz)and loved the food there but with the food you get poverty which I didnt like. Remember the history of Berlin, while Berlin was under the communist cosh Hamburg was living free. Both are fabulous places to visit

chylly fox wrote:

Awwww I'm 39 and will mention the war, so I guess I'm out

Isnt it time to move on...my uncle was in Bomber command my father on the arctic convoys. And by the way Germans will "mention the war", to apologise, and when you have that conversation it is a recognition that they see you as a friend that they can discuss something that shames them deeply.

been in the Munich area full time since 2000. Love it here. Love Britain, too, it will always be Home, but I am at home here now.

If you are prepared to work hard, there's plenty of opportunity to play hard. Hamburg is very cosmopolitan a huge mix of residents from all over the world, Munich a massively overgrown village (admittedly sometimes self-styled) - only 90 minutes from lots of good skiing, 6hrs from Venice, Berlin fashionable and schizofrenic...

No risk no fun, give it a try - why not?

Here in Bavaria working for a big company 30 days' leave (+3 for experience), All these holidays, too.

New Year: 01/01/2013, Tuesday Epiphany: 06.01.2013, Sunday Good Friday: 29.03.2013, Friday Easter Monday: 01.04.2013, Monday Labor Day: 01.05.2013, Wednesday Ascension: 09.05.2013, Thursday Whit: 20/05/2013, Monday Corpus Christi: 30.05.2013, Thursday Assumption: 15/08/2013, Thursday Day of German Unity: 03.10.2013, Thursday All Saints: 01.11.2013, Friday 1 Christmas Day: 25/12/2013, Wednesday 2 Christmas Day: 26/12/2013, Thursday

Wednesday Ascension: 09.05.1989

Our daughter was conceived that long weekend LMAO