Competition ideas and feedback

Hey all

So some of you may have seen my tweet about putting ideas to paper last night. Well part of that process involved this community , ideas for some competitions and fun .

As much as I moderate this is ultimately a community that you have all built together so I think your ideas and input are vital.

So I ask you all ……..

Are there any competitions that have grabbed your attention more than others ?  

Are there things you want to see from the forum , I don’t mean adjustments & changes . I mean like do you want to see more competitions, regular postings , or less competitions etc…..

Are there past post that you would like to see come back ? ( within the rules ![cheeky|20x20](upload://5BDs2y1gm13l2R58ovmAMxyNM3f.gif "cheeky"))

I have some ideas and would like to hear what you think before I think about putting them forward

Remember I am still kind of new so be gentle haha . ![devil|20x20](upload://rA41UoqYzU9yrgGiJUyzuRc98GV.gif "devil")

And for those of you that do not have twitter & missing out on my riveting posts and cat pics  I may do a meet the moderator post ………

Anyways let me know your thoughts if you like

![](upload://7p7RV69ZTPfluJJVYfQYjTSrSa5.jpeg)

I'd like to see more super secret 40% off for forum member days (like the Xmas day sale) it's easter soon...!
I did used to like the caption comps :)

I have been on the forum a while and although I don't always post, I pop on at least once a week. I've not ever noticed any competitions except for following lovehoney on twitter and I don't always see those either. So I think the main change I'd like to see is them being more noticeable on the forum please :-)

Sum Sub wrote:

I'd like to see more super secret 40% off for forum member days (like the Xmas day sale) it's easter soon...!
I did used to like the caption comps :)

Caption comps are a no1 on my list 

Ah yes Easter - let me see what we can do with that , it is about rabbits after all ! haha 

Don't forget chocolate too Leanne!! And eggs as well.. Its like Easter was destined for LH products!

tallguy1975 wrote:

Don't forget chocolate too Leanne!! And eggs as well.. Its like Easter was destined for LH products!

yes those too , dairy free for me though plese ! ![cheeky|20x20](upload://5BDs2y1gm13l2R58ovmAMxyNM3f.gif "cheeky")

It might be too much for the tech side, but could you lay a treasure hunt down, start on the forum with a clue to a product when you figure out that product there's a clue on the product page, and so on. Until you get to the "prize " which could be entry into a draw for a toy or oh points or kudos. Again with easter coming you could call it an easter Egg hunt but the premise is much the same.

I like competitions or challenges. If we can exercise our brains and be on Lovehoney that is perfect!

I like that idea sub. I made a treasure hunt for my children last year which took three days to solve. All of the clues were in codes and encrypted!

Sum Sub wrote:

It might be too much for the tech side, but could you lay a treasure hunt down, start on the forum with a clue to a product when you figure out that product there's a clue on the product page, and so on. Until you get to the "prize " which could be entry into a draw for a toy or oh points or kudos. Again with easter coming you could call it an easter Egg hunt but the premise is much the same.

Love this idea ^

Great idea sum sub! I do like competitions like the recent one you did leanne about thinking of a name for the sex toy testers. I really enjoyed reading people's ideas and had a good giggle :) captions would be brilliant!

How about guess the sex toy competition from a photo of part of it?
It would have the benefit for Lovehoney that people would go to bits of the site previously unknown to them in search of the prize.

I also like the idea of meet the moderator as sometimes miss out on Twitter stuff.

AsYouWish! wrote:

How about guess the sex toy competition from a photo of part of it?
It would have the benefit for Lovehoney that people would go to bits of the site previously unknown to them in search of the prize.

Yes! I really enjoyed the blurred photo thread recently with matt. I realise I am being totally unhelpful lol but I'm rubbish at coming up with ideas x

I also enjoyed the caption competition that was around a while back, the one where staff would upload a photo and the idea was to write something funny.

I'd love more visually creative competitions, like draw something or photograph something (with themes that could not be interpreted as 'oh a shot of my penis will do' preferably), but obviously on a forum where you can't place photos in posts this would be hard to execute. Could run one from the Lovehoney blog via twitter/instagram pages though?

I don't know beyond that. I haven't seen many competitions on the forum, only ones I remember are the caption one and the one where there was a pixelated photo (which wasn't technically a competition but was fun). More guess the item photos would be fun :)

Everything is helpful even if it is to say you have enjoyed past posts , gives an idea of what you guys enjoyed historically too ![yes|20x20](upload://lJMrTcqgi5lI1FOpb07OYOcv2YF.gif "yes")

Sum Sub wrote:

I love this idea Sub, would maybe simplify it down to a question and a clue on here, that leads to a product page with the answer on it, email the answer when it's found. Could even do this with discounts - find X product, on the product page find a 20% discount code for that item for the first X amount of customers etc.

The only competition I've seen so far was the renaming of the Squirrels, so I would definitely like to see more! It just creates a whole lot of buzz within the forums and I like that.

poppycat wrote:

Sum Sub wrote:

Love this idea ^

Me too, great idea! Xx

I love the design your own lingerie idea

The caption comp was fun

Treasure hunt also seems fun

As does the short erotic story competition. I have lots of indie authors that I could get on board with entering that. (I'm a book blogger, reader, reviewer for mostly indie authors).

Sum Sub wrote:

Ooh I love this idea :)