Competition ideas and feedback

LittleSwitchBitch wrote:

Sum Sub wrote:

It might be too much for the tech side, but could you lay a treasure hunt down, start on the forum with a clue to a product when you figure out that product there's a clue on the product page, and so on. Until you get to the "prize " which could be entry into a draw for a toy or oh points or kudos. Again with easter coming you could call it an easter Egg hunt but the premise is much the same.

Ooh I love this idea :)

Me too ![](upload://lJMrTcqgi5lI1FOpb07OYOcv2YF.gif):) xx

Sum Sub wrote:

It might be too much for the tech side, but could you lay a treasure hunt down, start on the forum with a clue to a product when you figure out that product there's a clue on the product page, and so on. Until you get to the "prize " which could be entry into a draw for a toy or oh points or kudos. Again with easter coming you could call it an easter Egg hunt but the premise is much the same.

Although this might be quite a bit of work for you guys it could be great fun, and it would get people looking at products that they wouldn't normall look at.

Following on from the to series about lovehoney, could we have "sex toy or dog toy?" You post a picture of a toy or several toys, and we guess. Could be fun. More difficult than in real life as we can't feel them.

My dog has a Kong toy that is blue 12 inches long with a twisted trunk and a round ball at either end, we call this his sex toy. Go on boy fetch it.

Following on from the to series about lovehoney, could we have "sex toy or dog toy?" You post a picture of a toy or several toys, and we guess. Could be fun. More difficult than in real life as we can't feel them.

My dog has a Kong toy that is blue 12 inches long with a twisted trunk and a round ball at either end, we call this his sex toy. Go on boy fetch it.

Here are a few ideas that may be fun:

#TBT, Maybe do some fun throwback thread topics or photos from the Lovehoney archieves. Or even throwback photos of Lovehoney staff members like a "get to know" us section.

I love the mystery photo "contests" with the pixelated images or the fun gifs that have been posted, may that can be a regualr thing weekly or monthly just for fun / guessing, etc.

I would also state I think there are members of this forum that go above and beyond to help, suggest products, and guide others and it would be great for some of them to get recognition in some way. I shared this WAY back then the OH! points program was being changed as it was mentioned that they may award point for number of reviews, forum, posts etc. I had suggested that it would be nice for members who contribute at a high level to be nominated for member of the month or such and be awarded OH! points for how they contitubte to the community at large.

I also read a magazine that surverys once year for "reader's choice" awards, maybe Lovheoney could do something similar via a survery monkey or via this community to noiminate and vote on: best new toy, favorite rabbit, dildo, butt plug, lingerie item, costume, etc. It could be a really fun way for customers who are shopping to see an item has been picked as a "Lovehoney Community Choice" item.

As just housekeeping items, it would be nice for the search feature to work better on here to avoid the repeat posts or for majorily outsdated content to maybe be archieved? It also seems the same questions come up over and over again about the "friends" and chat feature, maybe pin some "hey you are NEW here" notes on functionality of the community to help guide folks. I know the rules are clearly there but people seem to blow right past that.

If I think of anything else I will add later, I hope this is helpful Leann.

There has actually been much archiving V. About 2 years ago I reached 9999 posts, and well, 2 years later I'm on half that.

I mentioned this a while back but dont know how viable it would be, but as well as a model of the month, could we have a photo of the month type competition?

people could upload pics of lovehoney purchases in a creative, funny, or artistic way. I think its something everyone could join in with as i know there are a lot of people who dont like to share photos of themselves modelling lingerie, but like to be creative with photography.

The Easter egg hunt is a great idea and there be a prize at the end of it. If it a prize draw or oh points.

The photo idea that jm88 came up with is a great one. I was thinking along the lines of a photo competition on the forums as well as model of the month. where a theme is picked and all who enter has to do something related with the theme wearing lingerie that lovehoney stock.

Some great ideas already! Would love to read a meet the moderator post. We enjoyed the rename tester list competition and guessing what the pixelated image was that Matt did.

Here's our ideas:
Guess who or rather guess the sex toy? A list of sex toys. Forum members ask questions to eliminate. First to guess wins the toy?

Anagram solver(s)

Raffle? Everyone who comments gets a number in order. So first to comment number 1 ect. Randomly selected at Lovehoney HQ.

Special forum offer, say once a month a link via a thread to extra discount
for 24hours?

Don't know how difficult some of these would be to implement. Will leave that up to you Leanne x

Waw some fantastic ideas here.
I was going to say about the guess the sex toy which was done by Matt and Jess recently. I see it's been mentioned.
I loved the "what would you name the tester list" competition. Maybe something like - what would you call this sex toy.
A wordsearch say, a newly marketed sex toy, piece of lingere or bondage gear. You could leave clues in and around the forums and finally you get the word, 1at person to do it wins.
I'm a walking zombie right now, my minds pretty blank,. but when I get my brain back I'll come back to this xx

lmh95 wrote:

JM88 wrote:

I mentioned this a while back but dont know how viable it would be, but as well as a model of the month, could we have a photo of the month type competition?

people could upload pics of lovehoney purchases in a creative, funny, or artistic way. I think its something everyone could join in with as i know there are a lot of people who dont like to share photos of themselves modelling lingerie, but like to be creative with photography.

Love this idea x

really like this idea :)

as a general rule, you can never have too many competitions................... ;)

I'm new so I feel weird speaking up but then not because some members really go out of their way to welcome.

So many fabulous ideas! I really think some of the members should be recognised for what they they do here, maybe discounts given or such. There's a few that I see all the time and they answer questions and they review and they definitely drive traffic here.

I love this website, my sex life and marriage has gone up and up, you really are the sexual happiness people. I found you guys through the reviews. I had never owned a sex toy and I was nervous, the people who review each purchase really helped me a lot. Some forum members I was excited to see posting, "oh! It's you! You helped me buy the Mia 2.." (Yes, I am a dork)

I'm sure you guys are aware of who they are. I don't want to say names in case I miss someone..

I love Sum Sub's idea but he's unfairly clever so... ๐Ÿ˜œ

Competitions would be wonderful, the prize being a discount code or some such, but, and I know I'm being picky but sometimes you get a code and it expires in 72 hours but you get paid in a week..

Maybe the code could be activated when you want it? Would generate more interest I think. The more user friendly a competition is, the more who enter.

Lots of us are not on Twitter so forum based would be great.

Also, I love the idea of code for forum members, you could even make sure it's only seen by active members by starting a thread with the code and the dates available in it at random days and times.. ๐Ÿค”

I think it's lovely that you ask what the members want (which I think I can refer to myself?), it really shows a level of commitment to the customer which is a sadly lacking in most business models and definitely this type of business I would say.

I think it's also wonderful that you can join without making purchases, that's amazing. I purchase off the au Lovehoney and I don't even know if that shows up here but it doesn't matter, no one asks for a proof of purchase, all are welcome, I think that is part of what of what makes this company great.

Anyway rambling! Just excited to see what the future brings!

JM88 wrote:

I was going to mention the same idea. Setting aside the facts I am not exactly good-looking and rather shy (or private, should you like to look at it in this way - wearing my T-Rex T-shirt is about as much as I am okay with), I, being a single person who does not even have any close friends, would not be able to do anything but a lame selfie, anyway (and people who enter the MotM competition generally have pictures that border on (semi-)professional studio photos).

I like taking pictures, though (I do not pretend to be awfully good at it but I nevertheless enjoy doing it), and I would not mind giving a go to posting some amusing/romantic/creative pics that would involve stuff I have bought from Lovehoney.

And I am also very fond of Sum Sub's idea, though I am a bit afraid Lovehoney would have to give their tech people a proper pay rise to compensate them for the extra workload. ![](upload://h7LJ67OOrR57VDYrj5ZEwwHAfLG.gif)

Aw Thank you all for the great response to this !!!

I will evaluate what is in my squirrely power and start some chaos and when I say chaos I mean monitored fun time in the form of competitionsย ![angel|20x20](upload://aybhjky1mPlgqoACHVsxChgZRPM.gif "angel")

Thinking cap is on !ย 

Lovehoney - Leanne wrote:

Aw Thank you all for the great response to this !!!

I will evaluate what is in my squirrely power and start some chaos and when I say chaos I mean monitored fun time in the form of competitions

Thinking cap is on !

Eeeek!!! Fun times ahead ๐Ÿ˜Š

Chaos you say ๐Ÿ˜ˆ๐Ÿ˜ˆ๐Ÿ˜ˆ x

Looking foward to seeing what coming up.

ooooo can't wait to see what you've got up your squirrely sleeve Leanne!

Going with the thread today what about spot the difference lol x

I'm probably not going to be as detailed as some and I apologise in advance but it's deadline season for my postgrad course! As far as competitions are concerned, I enter absolutely anything and everything but I'm less and less enthusiastic about the more general blog ones. I think this is primarily because the people that win those aren't really forum users so you don't get that immediate thrill of knowing how close you came or that someone you know and like managed to win. In terms of these kinds of competitions though, I love how gender neutral they are. That is, I'm in a committed relationship so I want to try toys that either me or my partner might not be interested in immediately but would have a go on if we won. This is something that you don't necessarily get in forum posts which are more tailored to the individual volunteer.

My favourite change that you've brought in has been the reviews posts. It feels almost like a mini competition but one based on merit rather than luck which is really appealing. I've had a few items from these but absolutely nothing from the general blog competitions (which obviously impacts my response) but honestly, I feel like I've earned the review items as opposed to just being unlucky with the competitions. While I love how frequent they have been in the last few weeks (there was a point where I was getting a tester every other week. Felt so appreciated!!!!!), I understand that this is a difficult pace to keep up with. However, I feel like we get the best and most immediate response from these kinds of posts and love all of the work you've done Leanne. Honestly, it's been great to see how well you've coped with the massive changes and responsibility. You absolute legend! Hope that helps.xxx