complaints

My friends keep laughing at me complaining for being unhappy with a product I pay good money for. But soon change their minds when it's benefiting them when I get replacements etc
But today I think I've hit a new low by complaining to a certain well known battery company about the batteries leaking and killing my first rabbit.

Has anyone done something similar or is it just me?

I once complained because I found a burned shreddie in my cereal. I don't pay good money for them just to burn it before I get the chance to eat it!

I got £10 in nestle cereal vouchers :)

LauraP wrote:

I once complained because I found a burned shreddie in my cereal. I don't pay good money for them just to burn it before I get the chance to eat it!

I got £10 in nestle cereal vouchers :)

Lol that's brilliant that's one step closer to me feeling a bit better :)

Any time Gem. If I get shitey service I feel I have every right to complain. I blame my Dad. He once had to send back his dinner because the chicken wasn't cooked through in a pub. He tried to do it discretely but the waitress had a big mouth. He didn't want to make a scene but her attitude led to a slanging match and him refusing to pay.

LauraP wrote:

Any time Gem. If I get shitey service I feel I have every right to complain. I blame my Dad. He once had to send back his dinner because the chicken wasn't cooked through in a pub. He tried to do it discretely but the waitress had a big mouth. He didn't want to make a scene but her attitude led to a slanging match and him refusing to pay.

He's Good on your dad and I agree completely why should you pay for something that's not to the standard it should be. I am not one for complaining for no reason I just do it in a very sarcastic way

Cat Lady wrote:

I think it depends on the company and the reason for the complaint. There are some occasions when I wouldn't dream of it, but others I would. For example, I feel perfectly justified in complaining to the university when I lose money in the washing machines, and getting money back, especially as it's happened several times! It's not like they haven't had enough of my money already! I've never complained about food in a restaurant, even when I should :(

Well good on you catlady but you should complain more if you feel it's justified. Why pay good money for something that isn't to the standards they should be.

If the service you receive is not up to the standard expected then get in there and complain. You don't pay good money on top end batteries for them to leak, or to get burnt shreddies.

I've complained loads of times to companies because sometimes they really do mess things up! I don't blame you for complaining about those batteries, I would have too.

I do find I complain more about customer service assistants than actual products. From working in customer service for many years I just know when someone is lazy and not arsed about doing their job right.

I put a complaint into Superdrug once because of the way the staff were to me and my friend when serving us, I got a £40 voucher for me and my friend to split and use in store. :P

I suppose this is why LH is so awesome to us. What a bunch of moaners! ;)

LauraP wrote:

I suppose this is why LH is so awesome to us. What a bunch of moaners! ;)

I have used the amazing lovehoney in compassion when I've complained before Your all making me feel a lot better thank you :)

Everyone complains these too and it all about customer service these days so companies go out their way to correct mistakes. I work for a bank and I live by this rule if I do a good job/service the customer tells a few people and if I do a bad job they tell the whole world and family so its better to do a good job as a few people will know about how great you are rather than a bad job as that has more of a demiatal effect .

Oh no your poor rabbit :-(

My grandfather complains about almost everything especially when it comes to restaurant food, the one and only time we nipped into a fast food place they gave us the wrong order and the french fries were oversalted. We got food vouchers a free meal and an apology from the manager because my grandfather kicked up that much. :-)

I've sent 3 complaints today that's not bad going for me
1. To ebay they know what they did
2. To the rabbit battery company for killing my dearly departed rabbit
3. Chessington my kids had a bad day out

Now I feel all these complaints are justified due to the cost involved. And I am not asking for refunds etc but a proper heart felt apologise for ruining my day :)

Cat Lady wrote:

I think it depends on the company and the reason for the complaint. There are some occasions when I wouldn't dream of it, but others I would. For example, I feel perfectly justified in complaining to the university when I lose money in the washing machines, and getting money back, especially as it's happened several times! It's not like they haven't had enough of my money already! I've never complained about food in a restaurant, even when I should :(

I never complain about food when I'm out. I do however write them a very detailed email complaint. I don't want them bringing me out food that's been kicked all over the kitchen, spat in ect I'm too parranoid. So I email complaints though. xx

During the Cadbury salmonella scare a few years ago I had a big bar of Dairy Milk that I thought tasted a bit funny. My sisters disagreed and while I wasn't looking ate the entire thing! There was only one solitary square left. My Dad sent it back to Cadbury's anyway though and I got an even bigger bar as an apology :) I was made to share it with my sisters though, which I did indeed complain about since they'd naffled all of my other one already!

I don't usually complain, but one time in Frankir and Benny's I had the worst service ever! Took us three hours to get through two courses because they took so long, and we missed our movie! I was so angry, I sent them a strongly worded email. Two weeks later I got a voucher for £40 from them! That made me feel better. But to be honest, I never would have went again if it wasn't for that!

use the voucher then never return, 3 hrs is rediculous

It was about a year ago, and I went to a different branch that were amazingly attentive. We were in and out within an hour. We still haven't been back though haha! I'll return to the other branch, but it's quite a while away. But not my local one anymore. Awful!!

My friends daughter complained because she bought tuna that said it was shredded on the label but it was in chunks inside the can. My friend appeared in work with 48 cans and started handing then out to us. As an apology the company had delivered 3 cases of tuna to her house .
I complain sometimes but alot of times I don't because I don't like confrontation

Part of the problem lies with sales staff not knowing the Sale of Goods Act (1974/1979) or the Misrepresentation Act 1967 (sorry if the dates aren't correct) or they try to fob you off with 'company policies on refunds or exchanges'.

A big (now defunct) electronics company tried that with me over a faulty television, but as soon as I started talking legalities with their head office, not only did I get a replacement, which was all I wanted anyway, they gave me a bigger, more expensive model from them.

Google the acts, there is plenty of good advice about them both which you can quote.

Gem26, it may even be worth trying to put in a claim for the damages the batteries have done to your Rabbit with the shop and/or the battery company (though the contract is normally with the seller under the SOGA not the manufacturer) - I am not saying you will get anywhere with it, but you never know your luck.

At least we can buy with confidence from LH and know that they are always happy to help.