complaints

Annenon wrote:

Part of the problem lies with sales staff not knowing the Sale of Goods Act (1974/1979) or the Misrepresentation Act 1967 (sorry if the dates aren't correct) or they try to fob you off with 'company policies on refunds or exchanges'.

A big (now defunct) electronics company tried that with me over a faulty television, but as soon as I started talking legalities with their head office, not only did I get a replacement, which was all I wanted anyway, they gave me a bigger, more expensive model from them.

Google the acts, there is plenty of good advice about them both which you can quote.

Gem26, it may even be worth trying to put in a claim for the damages the batteries have done to your Rabbit with the shop and/or the battery company (though the contract is normally with the seller under the SOGA not the manufacturer) - I am not saying you will get anywhere with it, but you never know your luck.

At least we can buy with confidence from LH and know that they are always happy to help.

Thank you for the advice I hadn't thought about that, I think I maybe asking your advice on my complaints in future :)

You're very welcome Gem26.

I hope that you get somewhere with it and good luck. x

Follow up on my battery complaint i have been given the full cost of my rabbit and a voucher for new batteries.
I will be sad to have to send my old rabbit to lovehoney for recycling but I do get to buy a new one :)

I work in retail so obviously I am as wonderful as I can be to customers that are upset or complain for any reason. Often if their complaint is justified I will bung them some freebies but sometimes there are some righ A-holes that complain for the sake of complaining. I get a lot of people ordering items on a Saturday and wondering why they haven't recieved them on the Sunday when they paid next day delivery (I have never known for royal mail to post on Sundays) and they complain profusely.

I also really dislike negative feedback on ebay even though the transaction has gone smoothly and the dissatisfied customer hasnt messaged to explain their disatissfaction. It does make me upset, it almost feels personal!

Sometimes it is easy to forget there are real people behind the computers!

Ebay feedback can be terrible, ive only sent one neutral feedback because they sent me the wrong item then stopped replying when i asked them if they wanted me to send them it back so we can swap. I felt ever so guilty. I always leave positive if the item didnt arrive but I got a refund xx

Happy news though gem :-D

LauraP wrote:

Any time Gem. If I get shitey service I feel I have every right to complain. I blame my Dad. He once had to send back his dinner because the chicken wasn't cooked through in a pub. He tried to do it discretely but the waitress had a big mouth. He didn't want to make a scene but her attitude led to a slanging match and him refusing to pay.

Dont blame your dad lol. I applaud him for trying to be discreet & him not paying. I wouldn't of been so disreet if i was him. I was once in a well known restaurant with a few couples having a meal. This particular restaurant was trying for a michelin star. The service was terrible, the food even worse but one of our male guest's took his plate back into the kitchen and you could hear hime politley saying that he "wouldn't give this place a Kwik Fit star, never mind a Michelin star" lol

Laughing like mad at sum of these! Sorry, no funny stories here :)