Condom recommendations for Silicone toy please

Hi,

I have the LH Glitter Silicone Dildo and would like to use a condom on it as although it’s mainly for vaginal use, I might occasionally use it for anal play.
From what I’ve read elsewhere on the forum it seems that most condoms have a silicone lube. Are they safe to use with this toy?

Many thanks!

2 Likes

Silicone based lubes aren’t the best to be used on most toys from what I’ve read. Not sure if there’s condoms that use water based lubes which would be better…

1 Like

As long as you clean your dildo thourghouly there shouldn’t be a problem.
You could use any condom just follow instructions for water based lube is best

1 Like

I have used condoms on silicone toys in the past and haven’t had any problems. The ones that i use are latex free and do have a silicone lube but i used them for quite a while before i realised and they never did any damage. Personally I would get a second toy for anal use so that you don’t need to use the condoms but obviously that’s an additional cost.

1 Like

It’s a bit odd that you can’t use silicone lube on a silicone toy…

I use silicone lube on my glass toys and LH water based lube on my silicone toys.

If you’re mixing vagina and anal a condom good idea. If vagina then finish with anal use probably no need for a condom.

The durex naturals condoms use water based lube. Otherwise, you can try a lube free condom, but they are harder to find.

Some silicone toys are safe with some silicone lubes, but if in doubt, use water based.