Condoms in a relationship?

Me and my OH dont use them unless we’re acting silly. We play a condom game where I get him hard and we try various condoms on 😂 Just wondering if some couples/partnerships do use condoms still? We don’t, as I’m on the pill, and he’s too big for condoms so we’d have to spend a fortune on XL ones.

No cant say we do, after being in a replationship for many years it just seems like a faff now.

We don't need to use condoms for contraception, but we sometimes use them for morning sex because she doesn't like the idea of semen drippage if she has to go out afterwards. I've been on the dating scene for quite long periods in my life, when wearing a condom for sex has been just part of life, so I really don't mind slipping one on if she asks. We usually use Durex Invisible which really are the closest thing to not wearing one at all.

goochsplitter9000 wrote:

Me and my OH dont use them unless we’re acting silly. We play a condom game where I get him hard and we try various condoms on 😂 Just wondering if some couples/partnerships do use condoms still? We don’t, as I’m on the pill, and he’s too big for condoms so we’d have to spend a fortune on XL ones.

^^

I can put my whole leg in a condom, so this just isn't true. The idea that some guys are too big for condoms contributes to many not using them or even carrying them. As for spending a fortune: it's a small price to pay for your health. Sex is fun, but it's also life-threatening without proper precautions.

Having said that, if you've both been tested for STI's and have come back negative since being together and are on other contraception to prevent pregnancy, then you can of course forgoe condoms. Just be absolutley sure you're monogamous, and book another test in in about 6 months (to allow for incubation of disease from a previous partner) to be absolutely certain you aren't play STI ping-pong. (That includes an oral, vaginal, penile and anal swab, to be sure)

I don’t but we have both been fully tested for sti’s and all clear, and I’m on other contraception to prevent pregnancy so I don’t see the point really.

I know some will find this wrong but even though I've had the snip we use them nearly all the time, it's the mess thing for my OH, she can swallow it, she can have it on her face, on her ass and tits, she like it in her but it doesn't stay there and that her problem she hates sleeping in it once it starts coming out! Since she had our kids, both naturally, and we've used it a lot more with bigger things down there is a lot bigger and doesn't go back to normal as quick so cum never stays where it's supposed too and she will always end up sleeping in it! As anal is the majority of our sex life the more thats been used the more she has the same problem there too.

In a previous relationship I worse condoms for the whole thing, that was over 4 years. but with my partner it was something we did when we first started dating, as we Both felt it was safer in a number of ways. After a couple of months we never bothered unless it was textured condoms or flavoured.

My previous went through phases, used them, didn't use them while she was on the pill of some variant, then we did and she came off the pill...had a kid, used them again. Used them with every sexual partner until my Mrs the now...had a sti check after about 9months together, and got the all clear. Knew the Mrs was all good so we don't use anything the now. I'm currently trying to get the snip so she doesn't have to worry

My OH and I only use them if we holiday in hotels as she doesn't like to feel embarrassed if we stain the sheets, to make it fun we use flavoured, colored and glow in the dark ones. I have had the snip as our family 👪 is complete.

It depends. I'm polyamorous. In a monogamous relationship we usually don't use condoms if I'm on the pill or have a spiral. But now that other partners are also involved (sexually as well) it's always with a condom.

Haven't used a condom for over 35 years, but LH did send me a free pack once with one of my orders. Funny enough I found them the other day. ![](upload://jokG3WtlbVccWAgGjeuPxY6tITM.gif)

Lovehoney - Jess Wilde wrote:

goochsplitter9000 wrote:

^^

I can put my whole leg in a condom, so this just isn't true. The idea that some guys are too big for condoms contributes to many not using them or even carrying them. As for spending a fortune: it's a small price to pay for your health. Sex is fun, but it's also life-threatening without proper precautions.

+1 I’ve never understood statements like that, it’s either an excuse to not want to use them, or they’re putting them on wrong. Luckily I’m not on the dating scene but if I was I wouldn’t hesitate to use a condom every time, I still can’t believe people don’t fully understand the risks of contracting infections.

Most people don’t realise that 1 in 3 people have a strain of HPV, and the vast majority do not know they have it as most are symptomless.

For a laugh one night I had been drunkenly . challenged by my mates to fit a condom on each limb. Quite easily with the help of a friend I was armpit and hip deep both sides, and they were regular sized pasantes out of a vending machine.

My wife and I have been on natural family planning/contraception for 3 years now, she knows her cycle well and we know when it’s safe to do the deed inside and when I need to pull out. She used to be on an implant but had nothing but trouble. The first implant gave her incredibly bad acne, and the second one made her have really bad periods. Given the other potential risks and complications of contraception for her we chose to not do any of them.

When the time comes (Pun intended 😜) I think I will have a vasectomy. We have 1 child and we would like another but we’re not sure if and when we will ever be financially secure enough for another child at this stage so it’s a distant thought at the moment.

We have never used condoms together, right from the very start. But we do use condoms with swing partners.

Talking of how they stretch, we went to a party last Friday night where a man put a condom over his head down to his nose and inflated it with his breath. This was at a BBQ not a swinger party - we didn't ask why he'd brought a condom!

^^

I can put my whole leg in a condom, so this just isn't true.

Jess I genuinely spat out my tea reading this 😂😂😂 In previous relationships, I haven't either as long as I know we've both been STI checked!

We don't use condoms as I'm on the implant (been on it for over 10 years now). I'm looking into getting my tubes tied though since I never want kids and I'm getting fed up with its side effects from the implant. I just want to be free from it all.

Jess I really want you to do it on YouTube now just to show how ridiculous it is to say that they are too small! I have a friend who says her husband is too big for condoms. I mentioned I didn’t think it was possible and she said yes he is definitely Italian in every sense of the word. I gave up lol. My H is rather large. We’ve not foubd a stroker he can use yet. (Haven’t tried flesh lights or thrusts) and he’s never had a problem with condoms.

I do wonder if they can be too big if men are smaller than average?? - as regards to us no we don’t use them. I have the coil to prevent pregnancy and neither of us have STI.

We do but didnt use to. but it has been because in the last 5 years she seems to have become sensitive to cum. It tends to irritate her and give her thrush. I thought it might have been my diet so changed to be more healtier in general but made no difference. Eveb though we used lube, with a condom and luve she doesnt get any of those issues. Although glycerin based lube had a similar effect.

She got tested and have a high level of some kind of bacteria than can cause this type of irritation but doctors dont treat it as it causes no long term issues. Said nothing can be done about it. Bit of a shame as i prefer without and I take too long sometimes with condoms on.

It’s not that they’re too smell persay, they’re just uncomfortable. They’re tight and yeah you can fit your whole arm in one but that’s a moveable limb in the sense that like you have joints etc. It’s like buying a size 8 stretchy shirt when you’re a size 16. Yeah it’ll fit but it’ll be uncomfy. We get tested regularly and we are monogamous so not using one isn’t an issue for us. Also most flavoured condoms I’ve tried are vile, any suggestions?

To me condoms spoil it the close ness to your partner

Neither me nor my partner (currently a LDR, they live in a differnt country) have ever been sexually active previously, and as i have an implant, we aren't planning on using condoms. I'd actually get sterilised if i could, but nobody is going to offer that to a childless 28 year old.

I just prefer the idea of it being him i feel directly, not a condom, although i do have reservations about the ejaculate since i have pretty severe OCD and don't like it will have traces of urine in it, so what the actual plan is i'm not sure.