Curling tong advice

Hi, my friend wants some curling tongs for her birthday but I'm not quite sure which ones to get so I was wondering if anyone here had any advice?

She has very fine hair that just barely touches her shoulders if that makes a differnce.

Thank you ladies!

I curl my hair with my GHDs. It looks beautiful and much better than curling tongs. But very expensive for a present! I have long, thick hair so the opposite to your friend.

With short, fine hair you don't want anything with a large barrel, it won't make a difference.

Get ceramic plates- always much better. Don't go too cheap, spend at least £25. Have a look at reviews on Argos and they should be able to point you in the right direction. Babylis is a good make xx

I don't have fine or short hair, but when I did have shorter hair (touching my shoulder) I used my GHD's.

Now I have these http://www.superdrug.com/hair-stylers/enrapture-encode-totem-hair-styler/invt/514351&bklist= and can't recommend them enough! But obviously I have no experience using them on short or fine hair as mine is quite thick and long.

Hopefully some more people can offer some advice though. :) x

I'm intrested to know how you manage to curl your hair with straighteners??
A new and interesting concept to me... instructions please!

mrs average wrote:

I'm intrested to know how you manage to curl your hair with straighteners??
A new and interesting concept to me... instructions please!

Because GHDs are rounded on the top you just put a bit of hair in between them, twist it so the hair kind of goes over on itself and then gently pull down. Hard to explain but easy to do! There are bucket loads of tutorials on Youtube to show you how :) xx

I find ghd curls are too tight for short hair but a curling wand gives a more natural look

You can actually do loads of different types of curls/waves with ghds but I agree that for short hair I'd probably get a curling tong!

i use a babalys waving toung thing :)

Thank you all, some good advice there that helps a lot!

If you do end up going for straighteners rather than curling tongs I would go for a slimline design - much better for short hair in my experience!