Customer retention not up to scratch anymore

So firstly I just want to start this off by saying that I’m not annoyed that I can’t purchase the product I want (as I can from a competitor) but it’s the fact that I’ve been loyal to Lovehoney for such a long time and I’ve just have their service thrown back at my face.

So there’s a product which is currently out of stock at the moment. I was promised it would be in stock today. “Great” I thought! Because I have a birthday code to use on the product to bring the price down.
Well now it’s due in stock at the end of May or the start of June, they’re not sure.
Instead of allowing me to place an order now (like pre-order) to retain me or even just guarantee a purchase, they simply refused any kind of help or support. Tough luck basically.

So Lovehoney, do you actually want me to buy products from you or would you prefer I visit competitors? The competitor is currently doing a 10% discount but I’d prefer to buy from you as your discount would have been a little better.

Where’s the customer retention gone? Zilch, nada.

Again, I’m not annoyed at the fact that I can’t get the item I want, it’s available elsewhere. I’d just prefer to get it here but the customer service doesn’t seem to want to assist.

1 Like

Chill…shit happens.

99 times out of 100 these guys bend over backwards for us. Go buy it somewhere else if you need it that bad.

Don’t shit where you eat…it’s bad karma.

6 Likes

I don’t need it badly. I can do without it to be honest but I had considered to give LH a bit of my money seeing as it’s been a while.

When a customer service agent tells you something is ready and an order can be placed then that’s what I’d like to expect. If the information I’ve been given is wrong then who’s at fault? Me?

The idea is that I contact LH to request product info and the info I get is accurate. Instead this highlights a problem somewhere and I’m raising it.

As a customer I just expect certain things to be done correctly. For all I know I could speak to a third customer agent and be told something different again. It’s not ideal is it?

How would you feel if you’ve been waiting for something and you’re told it’ll be available on a certain date then when you try to buy it you’re told it’s actually not there and you’ve wasted your own time because you were given incorrect information? I mean, to you that might not be a problem, for me it is. It means something can be done better.

1 Like

I’m afraid that happens a lot nowadays whether the supplier chooses to blame the pandemic, Brexit or any other excuse from the standard list, it’s the way it is so, as @valbowski77 says, just chill out over it and if you really feel you’ve been let down by LH customer services (something I find really hard to believe unless you’ve given them good reason) then go and buy it elsewhere.
Is an extra couple of % discount really worth getting so wound up over?
There’s far more important stuff to worry about don’t you think?

5 Likes

…and when the item is later again or doesn’t get restocked (happens) they now have your money in advance, refunds needed. Pre orders are a nightmare.

When I owned a retail store I refused to take money before an item physically landed with me. I can see why they dont.

5 Likes

@The_Little_Ladybird those were my thoughts too regarding presales and refunds - nightmare, especially for a big company.

I can understand the frustration @A1357 but the LH agent was giving you the information that was available to them at the time. If there are delays or changes after that conversation has ended, that’s not their fault and it doesn’t mean that they deliberately misled you or gave you incorrect information.

I’m waiting for something to come back in stock so I can buy it and I was told last month it should be next week which is great. But if it’s not back in, I’ll just ask for the latest update - it’s one of those things.

I hope you manage to get your item (from wherever) and it brings you pleasure :crossed_fingers:t2:

4 Likes

Yeah pre-orders can be a total nightmare so I can understand in some circumstances when they don’t want to provide it (I’m not asking for it but it’d be nice)

The item is £249 which for me is a lot. The discount would have been absolutely lovely right now as it is supposed to be a b’day gift to myself. These things happen only once a year.
The competitor is only 10% which is still a discount but it’s not the same as LH and I’ve been with LH significantly longer.
If the product was £50 then I really wouldn’t mind just buying it without discount

Again though, I can really do without it. It’s a very expensive ‘toy’ which nobody really needs but it’d be nice to have.

It’s just frustrating when so many companies now don’t offer the same level of service since '20 happened. As Joe_90 said, pandemic has been blamed for too much when it’s just a little bit of cost cutting laziness in most cases.
Bored of it

It is a long time since I have bought anything from LH for two reasons …

1. Their prices (for what I want to buy) are not competitive with other reliable online stores.

Or …

2 They don’t sell what I want to buy.

LH has their business model, it seems to have changed over the past 10/15yrs but as long as it works for them.

The consumer always has the choice, if one supplier doesn’t provide what you want at a price you are prepared to pay with the service you want then you go to someone who will.

Don’t get me wrong @A1357 … I do love some negative chats sometimes as the forum here tends to be fairly one-sided and everything is rainbows and happiness. I like a good gripe from time to time, so good on ya.

That is a pricey toy for sure, but maybe you can find something else comparable for a better deal and shipping included?

Wish I could find a better alternative. The product is the Kiiroo Keon which as far as I know holds the title for the only product that’s worth buying in it’s category.

There are hundreds of products to cover everything else like dildos etc but for an automatic toy such as that - it’s pretty much on it’s own. The rest are sub standard and priced around the same so really there is only 1 choice

1 Like

Hey with the current supply chain issues in everything electrical, it’s no surprise that delivery dates are been delayed. My company has been hugely hit, with planned overtime then cancelled at the last minute due to supply issues.
Yes it can be frustrating but it’s the global economy we are in now, and depending on their supplier it could be EEC rules, China local lockdown, French riots…

The world’s gone mad… So sometimes ypu just need to breathe and think what other delightful item I can get instead

1 Like

I understand being disappointed and I’ve had enough dealings with customer service agents to know that they would’ve given you the information they had available to them.

If they don’t do pre-orders, which I wouldn’t expect them to for the reasons given above, what exactly do you expect from them? You want them to do what they can’t do, so how is that ever going to be acceptable to you? I’m betting the conversation went a bit different than you’ve said.

Ranting on the forum is grand, there is a rant thread to get it all out, but there are better ways to go about it when you have an actual complaint and this isn’t it.

2 Likes

I kinda feel like I have had the opposite issue.
For years I was buying cheaper stuff. Now that my dresser is starting to get full, I want to shift towards higher quality and unique stuff than just lots of little things.

For me its quality vs quantity.
I find lovehoney is pretty good at being that good blend of both. I find I am shifting more towards Lovehoney than other brands

I have to agree with valbowski on this one. I understand your frustration, but seriously, if you want it that bad, go to the other store. Lovehoney has always tried it’s hardest to please it’s customers, sometimes shit happens. And if it’s that big of a trigger for you, you might need to look for a new supplier. Hope this all resolves for you.

1 Like

Not sure how long this has been experienced with LH but im pretty sure they import many of their products. The import and export problems caused by the Ukraine/Russia war has affected a lot of availability of many products globally. I do empathise with your frustration, but unless youre 100% sure that they said it “WILL BE AVAILABLE” without any other form of wording like “UNLESS” then its just a case of having to put up with it without blowing a gasket. Maybe LH customer services should simply word it differently and say “IT SHOULD BE AVAILABLE”. I do however think there is a better way to go about your complaint though. Im sure Brenna will reply soon.

1 Like

Ah sorry to hear of your negative experience but like others have said, sometimes things like this happen unexpectedly but rest assured Lovehoney tends to try its best with good customer service.
The issue may be at fault with the manufacturing supplier as if they’d given Lovehoney a date for when shipment would be due but then tell them it’s been held up in customs or somewhere, then that just makes Lovehoney the middle guy trying to communicate at both ends :face_with_spiral_eyes: