Defuzzing techniques! (and horror story)

Thanks ladies & gent - meaning pixieking, wanda doesnt get a thank for only laughing at me (j/k)

it is comforting to know I'm not alone (in terms of defuzzing dilemmas, not the horrendous disaster movie my life turns such dilemmas into - If I was a bloke, in the movie of my life I would be played by will ferrel).

Geniunely Glad that my sheer incompetence raised a few smiles and giggles, it certainly has me laughing at the memory of it.

Ty for the sympathy hug Glitter, - the burning from missing patches appears to be exactly what I've done

And thanks for the tips all (espesh BashfulBabe,shall actually buy a decent razor - sainsburys basics 6 for 58p is probably asking for trouble - and try with conditioner)

Aww you're welcome MsEllie x

& the conditioner thing is amazing - I use it on my legs & they're so soft & smooth afterwards!! I just get the no frills kind from asda. Its 70p for the jojoba one & its smells yummy too x

MsEllie, you had me actually LOLing then. I saw on the web a while back these new devices you can get to actually kill off the hair folicle and stop them growing back. A bit expensive up front, but once you are done its forever. I know I posted a link in here somewhere, but it was a while back now.

Hahahahaha! Oh, that's... hahaha .....I can't believe you ac.... HAhahahaha!

That puts my hair removal injuries in perspective. *chortle*

I really think you should .... hahahaha ... should go and get waxed pro . . . hahaha . . . professionally. Take the time to find a really good salon, they'll . . . hahaha . . .they'll make you feel more comfortable.

*breathes*

That's better.

MwAAAAhahahahahahaha!

^

Ladies, you hold Mr Monster down, i'll fetch the wax.... *evil smirk*

I only shaved there once, couldn't stand the itching so now just trim.

One idea to consider is sugaring, works the same way as waxing but is a lot easier to remove, just hot water. Plus you can't really be allergic to it as no chemicals.

On the downside, it does smell, (and taste!) like treacle, so you might be tempted to eat it instead.

Reading this thread ive had tears of laugher and pain in my eyes - ow ow bleeding heck ow

Oh my MsEllie I really didnt want to laugh but sorry I couldn't help myself, it was the mental image of you getting stuck that did it for me, sorry again!!!

Have not had the home wax experience but have had chemical burns from creams so steer well clear of them now. Shaving gives me a rash but a good razor really minimises it, there is a thread out there where AD gives really good advice about exfoliating and things so may be worth a hunt. I also tried my epilator but it badly nipped my skin the second it touched it so that was a no go. I did try KP's tweezer idea and yes it takes a while but with a really good set of tweezers it was not too bad pain wise, untill I got lower down and it was unbearable but thats an area I can shave without any problems so for a while I used both methods. Unfortunatly I was too busy to upkeep it and I lost control but it is something I will go back to when I have more free time. At the moment I just use my electric razor to keep things tidy.

For a razor specifically designed for the job, try this:

http://www.body4real.co.uk/product.php?productid=17868

It works. Simples..!

Have put it on the Suggestions thread too.

SD

KittyPurry wrote:

MsEllie wrote:

KittyPurry wrote:

I pluck all my hairs out with tweezers about once every 2 months ... takes a couple of hours each time. Every day I run a razor over the entire area to keep myself silky smooth and that takes all of about a minute!

My god woman you must have the patience of a saint!

I find it weirdly therapeutic and actually quite enjoy the pain External Media

xxKPxx

Lol that is what my cousin does!!!

Im trying to get into waxing... I am a self confessed shaver (nice new razor every time) then I moved onto epilating legs and am now in that yucky hairy stage before getting waxed!!!

I love getting waxed as it takes it right off and lasts ages... I tend to just suffer the pain!

Oh god that was so funny!!! I have the same problems! I had a really bad burn from Veeet i find Nair for sensitive skid is quite good!

You have made my day , despite cringeing on the interruption one your wax story is fantastic!! I haven't even attempted waxing there due to the results when I tried to do my legs (again with the wax remaining, hair remaining and having to remove it with baby oil) regardless of how quickly one rips it off. For now I tend to rely just on the electric razor since my hand eye co-ordination just isn't satisfactory enough for me to brave a proper razor most of the time. Trust the man more for that.

Oh I'm soooo glad I'm not the only one! I have a nightmare with this.

Have done self waxing with interesting results and finally bought a decent electric razor a little while ago. It's good for tidying up but doesn't give the soft hairless finish that I'd quite like, all comes back in stubble within 12 hours. Not exactly nice if he's going to go down on you.

Finally a few weeks ago I had my first prof hollywood. I went to a salon that had been recommended by a friend with a lot of experience in the area. I was made to feel very comfortable which was really important to me following previous experiences of having my bikini line done and basically made to feel a bit dirty by the girl who was doing it. I do suffer with my skin and had a lot of spots afterwards, but I think as long as you keep exfoliating and using non-perfumed products then they go away quite quickly. Going back for my second one just before christmas. I'm told it gets easier and less painful the more regularly you have it because the hair grows back finer and thinner. Fingers crossed!

Thanks for the giggle MsE. Nice to know there's others out there with the same conundrum.

I was getting stubble rash all the time so I was just shaving with the hair not against it and exfoliating afterward and after a year I have been able to start shaving properly smooth without getting stuble rash, but I only do it every three days or so, shaving the really short stubble seems to cause ingrowing hairs.

I have done the whole get you partner to shave you (before I was single!) if you get them to use one of those vibrating shavers it makes you really turned on and horny too- lol

Maybe just keeping trimmed and having the bikini line done professionally is the best option :)

Tupperwareheart wrote:

^

Ladies, you hold Mr Monster down, i'll fetch the wax.... *evil smirk* External Media

* Walks in with industrial sized barrel of Uber cheap wax and a spair ball gag. Kicks Baby oil out of the door towards the others following me... *

Advice to Mr Monster...

" You may want to breath! "

Right I've found a place locally that does the 'Hollywood' wax....

Once I've recovered from yesterdays chemical burns and have a bit to remove, I'll book myself in there....

Good call MsE ;)

Seduced wrote:

Tupperwareheart wrote:

^

Ladies, you hold Mr Monster down, i'll fetch the wax.... *evil smirk* External Media

* Walks in with industrial sized barrel of Uber cheap wax and a spair ball gag. Kicks Baby oil out of the door towards the others following me... *

Advice to Mr Monster...

I'll help you rip the wax off

Tulip wrote:

Seduced wrote:

Tupperwareheart wrote:

^

Advice to Mr Monster...

Ooooo Mr M, sounds like you're in for some fun *hands the others the cloth for the wax strips*

Tulip wrote:

Seduced wrote:

Tupperwareheart wrote:

^

Advice to Mr Monster...

* Hands Tulip a pile of strips to hand out at the door. *