Depo-Provera, SSRI's and a low libido

Hi @SquirtyPanda
I’m a trans woman, you may remember me as Alicia4Ever; however I have had libido problems for a long time, which I’m sure are related to my transition, being on a testosterone blocker, HRT etc. What I have found out though is that sexual desire (libido) doesn’t have to come before arousal. I found out that I could just decide that I was willing to try to get aroused, even though I didn’t feel like I had the desire for it. By using touching (lots of foreplay), I could eventually ( most times) build up enough arousal, to set off the sexual desire in myself. Like jump starting a car.

It may be worth a try for you, but you have to let yourself open up to the idea of doing it this way, as it sort of feels rather counter intuitive at first, once you have managed it once it gets a bit easier. Now I have come to think of it as a good way to be, as I’m in the position of never wanting sex, so not plagued by feeling in randy; but at the same time I’m now never not up for sex. Having a sexual partner not withstanding.

2 Likes