Design a Sex Toy 2019/20

Smultron wrote:

That's so cool!

However, I find it weird that it's ''a 5,000 cash prize in your local currency''. So, if you live in the UK you get Β£5000, if you live in the US you get $5000 and so on? If that's the case, 5000 Swedish kronor is about Β£400... :/

I would imagine Lovehoney's main selling outlets are in the UK, US, Europe. Which site do you buy from? I guess that is what they mean, and at the moment there isn't a huge amount of difference between Β£, $, Euro. A lot of selling sites offer, for instance, a Β£10 / E10 discount.

Don't forget Australia and New Zealand. πŸ™‚ I think A$5000 is roughly Β£2600, and NZ$5000 is about Β£2500

https://www.lovehoney.com.au/design-a-sex-toy/

I've just noticed the forms are different if you're submitting it while logged in (obviously besides the personal info πŸ™‚). The logged in one has a drop down box for 'Who is it for?' (women/men/couples), whereas the other has 'Which competition category are you entering?' (student/professional/public). There's also two text boxes on the first one ('Briefly, what is it designed to do?' and 'Describe your toy in more detail'), while the other only has the one ('Describe your design - Briefly, what is it designed to do and who is it for?)

Just thought I'd mention it in case it's an oversight. πŸ‘πŸ™‚

There wasn't a category to fill in re student / professional / public. Mine is 'public' so i hope they guess. Also, the men/women/couples descripion could be a bit dated by 2030- especially for a sci-fi themed toy.

I have submitted my idea a few weeks ago. Not sure how many of my pictures attached, I only have a mobile phone so can be harder than using a computer. If you search " competition " on Lovehoney you can read previous years discussing on the forum there is a few good tips in the thread. I only found it after my submission. Good luck everyone, may the odds be in your favour.

Here's the link: πŸ‘

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/inside-lovehoney/716401-lovehoneys-design-a-sex-toy-competition-is/

I've just had a quick read and the 'one entry per category' used to refer to the 'women/men/couples' categories. I'm thinking that the language may not have been updated to reflect this year's categories of student/professional/public, as it would seem a bit odd that you could submit the same design in each, even if you were eligible.

MsR wrote:

Lovehoney - Nick wrote:

MsR wrote:

Ian Chimp wrote:

That's weird. The Rules say that the competition deadline is 21st February 2020? Hopefully it's a glitch?

Though, equally, don't rush it. πŸ™‚

Hope it's a glitch. Will try again. Not rushing, just fun. Prob won't go anywhere but couple of hours inside my head when I'm on a roll would send some people into rehab :-). Not a common event, but I don't work at the moment so that's my excuse for leaking creative energy ;-)

Hello MsR.

Sorry that you are having issues with this.

I have just tested the form again and it's working fine for me, and not showing the 'competition is closed' message.

I have looked at the entries for this week - does the name of the toy you've designed begin with a w? (Hope I'm not giving too much away by asking that!).

Thanks

Nick

Hi Nick, thanks for your reply.

I tried again and it worked. So, either a glitch or our dodgy WiFi connection in bad weather!

No, my design does not start with a β€˜w’. I was, however, going to phone with a query - maybe you can help. I had a bash at my own drawing but also downloaded some images to create a sort of β€˜mood board’ - is this allowed, as obviously I don’t own and haven’t created those images? I included them to enhance what I was trying to get across, not to copy. if this is against the rules, please just delete my submission.

Thanks!

Glad sorted. Your mood board thingy will be fine, don't worry.

Ta!

Ian Chimp wrote:

I've just noticed the forms are different if you're submitting it while logged in (obviously besides the personal info πŸ™‚). The logged in one has a drop down box for 'Who is it for?' (women/men/couples), whereas the other has 'Which competition category are you entering?' (student/professional/public). There's also two text boxes on the first one ('Briefly, what is it designed to do?' and 'Describe your toy in more detail'), while the other only has the one ('Describe your design - Briefly, what is it designed to do and who is it for?)

Just thought I'd mention it in case it's an oversight. πŸ‘πŸ™‚

Gah! Thanks for spotting this, Ian.

It's not something I'm going to be able to fix any time soon, so if anyone from here wants to enter (or has entered via the form described above that has the 'who is it for' drop down and NOT the 'which competition category are you entering' question) then please do so when NOT logged in to your account.

Sorry for the confusion this has caused. An oversight on my part.

Lovehoney - Nick wrote:

Gah! Thanks for spotting this, Ian.

No worries. πŸ‘πŸ™‚

Hi Nick I have submitted my entry about 2 weeks ago, from memory it asked who the toy was designed for. Would I have to resubmit my entry when logged out as well?

I posted my design under 'couples' then explained in the text that it could be used differently. I'm a 'public' contributor but wasn't asked at the time so I'm hoping the judges work that out - I'm not a student or a pro designer.

I don't want to speak for Nick, but it sounds like he's saying that anyone who entered and didn't get the option to class their submission as student/professional/public will need to resubmit their design while logged out (to get the correct version of the form).

Though I'm sure there'll be plenty of account-holder entries with missing/incorrect info who won't see this thread, so LH may have to come up with additional measures to compensate for these.

There's still plenty of time before the closing date though, so no need to resubmit anything before Nick confirms one way or another. πŸ™‚πŸ‘

There's a blog post about the competition now too:

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/blog/2019/12/02/design-a-sex-toy-2020/

Uploaded my design, fingers crossed love honey choose it! It may be a little rudimentary in the sketch but hopefully that won't go against a winning design!!

Hi there I’m excited to enter the design a toy comp again Please does anyone know what the entry deadline is ? And please cab anyone show me the link for adding photos Thankyou

Elizabetha wrote:

Hi there I’m excited to enter the design a toy comp again Please does anyone know what the entry deadline is ? And please cab anyone show me the link for adding photos Thankyou

The competition deadline is the 21st February 2020. You can attach photos/drawings of your design through a link on the entry form. πŸ‘ Good luck. πŸ€žπŸ™‚

I originally entered when the competition opened due to being logged I got the wrong form. I will renter my design. However I can't remember what I called it as it's the design idea I love. The name can be changed. Good luck everyone.

Just checking if I did everything right for this. I wasn't logged in when I submitted my entry and got the public/student/pro dropdown. So I think that part is fine.

However, I didn't get any confirmation that I entered the contest like an email "Thanks for submitting" or anything like that. Is that how it should be or should have I got something? I got the "thanks" message at the end but that's it. I submitted it weeks ago, but I'm worried if I put my email address wrong or something haha.

I'm the same Hunny, I hope my idea made it to a desk somewhere. I think it's great, but then I would.

Cool, thanks for the link!