Desperately need toy case!

rose hip wrote:

How about some plain old nondescript boring boring boring luggage? The kind of thing you'd use to move into uni accommodations anyway.

Problem is they are usually big and there are no compartments to keep toys apart or well together.

MasqueradeMinx wrote:

Laveila wrote:

I like this suggestion, MM.

Which one?

The second one.

And well, guys at that age are well... Immature. Considering what I saw during fieldwork where they changed peoples names on room doors to rather... obscene, I am not surprised they would.

Well i dont have too many different toys or anything as of yet so that shouldnt really be an issue (for now at least). Undies are a different story though ;)

Keep in mind, uni budget too!

Sucks really only got 2 toys and just cant afford more... *sob*

Though i dont really have a choice but to make this investment in a case

lets try to reframe from the male bashing please lol

What about a tool box from somewhere like B&Q?

They're lockable, discreet and portable.

And don't forget CHEAP!

sharry wrote:

And don't forget CHEAP!

bit on the large size tho? they are long airnt they and its abit odd a student turning up to uni with a tool box no? good idea thoif you could pull it off

What about a record case? Assuming they still make them? Like DJ's use?

being gay in uni is no big deal, no ones gonna take the p1ss outa you for that, but sex toys and womens underwear, you need to hide that sh*t away somewhere very discrete cos that would ruin you

mrbumps wrote:

being gay in uni is no big deal, no ones gonna take the p1ss outa you for that, but sex toys and womens underwear, you need to hide that sh*t away somewhere very discrete cos that would ruin you

That!

What about a metal file storage box like http://www.staples.co.uk/office-supplies/filing-and-archive-supplies/suspension-filing/suspension-file-boxes/a4-metal-file-boxes/a4-metal-file-box-blue?r=bf

It anyone asks, you can just say it has bank statements or other important documents in.

Still think normal carry-on/hand luggage has potential, especially for the undies. If the case looks interesting, someone will probably ask an awkward question at some point. I'm thinking in terms of avoiding that altogether. The file box suggested above is suitably boring too.

Tool boxes and record cases seem like the kind of things someone will get interested in eventually

Problem with a recond case is some people will think you dj and ask to look at your records, i know all my mates would but then again i own vynal and most my mates are djs' i think just a case you would normally put clothes in would be fine hand luggae if thats what they are called with a decent lock on itthey have inside compatments you could hide the underware and your toys in im sure and you could always have some boxers hanging out the top and say well thats the washing basket ;)

rose hip wrote:

Still think normal carry-on/hand luggage has potential, especially for the undies. If the case looks interesting, someone will probably ask an awkward question at some point. I'm thinking in terms of avoiding that altogether.

Tool boxes and record cases seem like the kind of things someone will get interested in eventually.

Well, technically, my luggage can be locked, so all I would have to do is set the number lock in place and lock the 2 key locks, and put it to the corner, with undies and toys still in. And I guess noone would think there is still something in unless they moved it, but then... They would not be able to open it.

Bags normally get chucked under the bed or ona cupbard think its best option for someone at uni either that or in some draws at the back as long as you lock door should be ok.

A small pelican case, bomb proof and lockable, they are used for all sorts of mundane things like camera or computer equipment - the sort of thing you would want to keep secure and freak at someone for going near. A nice custom interior and voila. :)

The large ones are pricey, but one big enough for some toys and a couple of frillies would be less than the cost of a nice vibe.

mrbumps wrote:

MasqueradeMinx wrote:

I wouldn't either. Maybe it guys but it's probably people who don't have respect for other peoples privacy or possessions.

lol thats such a female way of looking at it hahaha.

na, its just guys being guys /shrug

Don't agree with you mrbumps - I live in a non-student house and 1 of the blokes that lives here is ALWAYS saying on about how our cleaner has no respect due to the amount of stuff (mostly kitchen stuff - pots n pans etc) that keeps walking form our house! housemate blokey is 50 by the way.......................................

I use to use a topbox (motorbike 1) but these can be quite big, however go look on ebay and there might be a BMW K75 top box (might be called top case) - these are MUCH smaller, a handy rectangular shape, and lockable. Good luck in your quest, hope you find something that fits the bill aok :-) D69x

mrbumps wrote:

sharry wrote:

And don't forget CHEAP!

bit on the large size tho? they are long airnt they and its abit odd a student turning up to uni with a tool box no? good idea thoif you could pull it off

No, you can get small ones that are about a foot long and 5 inch high. They have a top section which lifts out which he could fill with stationary stuff to disguise what's underneath. A lot of art students use them to carry their materials/equipment round in.