Dildo? Convert me!

Hey all,

I'm going on a bit of a splurge on Lovehoney, and one thing that has interested me for a while is glass dildos. I think glass would be a very interesting material to have inside me. One thing that does perhaps put me off, however, is the fact that up until now I've only ever had vibes inside me. I do love the feeling of being full while my boyfriend does other stuff, but can a non-vibrating dildo ever compare to what I've previously had?

What can dildos do that vibes cant? I've never been quite able to understand that, and I'm here to be enlightened!

Ecksvie wrote:

Hey all,

I'm going on a bit of a splurge on Lovehoney, and one thing that has interested me for a while is glass dildos. I think glass would be a very interesting material to have inside me. One thing that does perhaps put me off, however, is the fact that up until now I've only ever had vibes inside me. I do love the feeling of being full while my boyfriend does other stuff, but can a non-vibrating dildo ever compare to what I've previously had?

What can dildos do that vibes cant? I've never been quite able to understand that, and I'm here to be enlightened!

You can adjust how hot and cold they are!

Theres a glass one on offer for £10, which is defo a bargain ^_^ xxx

Morbidia wrote:

That's what's tempting me!

The hot and cold thing isn't much of an advantage to me. I'd love to try it, but living with my parents means I can't just heat up a dildo or put it in the fridge!

I'm thinking about getting a glass one, I think its the cold hardness of it and all the bumps and ridges in the patterned ones that excites me because I can imagine using one must feel quite amazing, although I think I would put it in the fridge first to get it extra cold just to enhance the sensation. I got a glass dildo on my wishlist - must get one soon, next time I can afford a treat for myself

Ecksvie wrote:

Morbidia wrote:

The hot and cold thing isn't much of an advantage to me. I'd love to try it, but living with my parents means I can't just heat up a dildo or put it in the fridge!

Could run it under a hot tap for a while. I think some people like the 'heaviness' of them inside.

I just got one in my last order and i'm quite excited about trying it! Not going to be able to stick it in the fridge though cos i'm still living with the parents.

Think it's just the fact that it's different and everybody's always raving about them that made me get one lol. Not even tried it though and the £10 ones are very tempting.... x

Ecksvie wrote:

Morbidia wrote:

mug of hot water by the side of the bed, equally a glass of ice cubes. Easy ways round it External Media

Thats a great idea SmoothOne! Thank u! :) x

I'd have said a bag of frozen peas then you could wrap it around but I've not got any good excuses for having a bag of frozen peas in your bedroom....unless you pulled a muscle?

im having the same deliberation but with the 3 for 2 ones!

For me when i first started out with vibes i didnt see the point in dildos, after a time though that changed, the materials used are normally different (eg. glass, ceramic, metal in some cases) and they feel different even if they are jelly ones, normally more forgiving as vibrators have internal workings that make them overly stiff sometimes. I have *counts* 3 glass dildos, 2 glass anal toys and a ceramic dildo too (yet to be tried!) as well as a number of jell, UR3 or similar material ones. Then again, I also have a few to many vibes. Meh, variety's the spice of life! :P

i think other people have summed it up pretty well

one of the advantages of the glass dildo i have, http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=3523

is that it hits the g spot better than any of the vibes i have. plus sometimes strong vibes can make me feel "numb" if theyre really strong when a dildo dosent,

and dildos dont take batteries or make any noise, which i guess is a bonus if youre skint/ living with family

my partner has glass dildos and likes thm alot i love to use thm on my partner there r two types straight and wavey we hv both

I love glass dildos. I have 3 and was tempted to buy the double header in the offer that came out today although I managed to resist (might have given in if there'd been one I've got my eye on!)

I've got:

Waver - http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=11683

Ribbed - http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=3523 (on for £10)

Bubblicious - http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=11682

Of these I like the ribbed one the most although it does depend what mood I'm in. They feel great out of the fridge and theres just something about the hardness and smoothness that really does it for me. They're great for hitting the g-spot if you hold them at a slight angle. As far as the lack of vibration goes - it feels great without. However, I sometimes use a vibe with them - the vibrations transmit quite well although it can be noisy.

Thrust it into you and it's lovely. I'm a complete convert thanks to the LH one which was on offer. Definitely worth up to £30 for a try.

Yea I had heard you can hold a vibe against them. Vibes can sometimes be 'too much' for me and I end up not feeling a thing!

I wouldn't worry too much about needing to put it in the fridge, as whenever me and my partner have used ours, it feels pretty cold even just from the bag! tho I guess it depends where you plan on storing it!

another thing is just how it feels! when ours came in the post we were just sat there holding it for ages, cos there's just a kind of quality you get from glass ones that isn't often replicated with plastic.

OMG £10!!!! You should be snatching their hand off! Really glass is fabulous. I especially like it cold, very cold, I have invested in an ice bucket to stash mine in for playing. I have loads of glass toys now and I love them all. You really can't go wrong with them - all the different shapes and sizes feel wonderful. And as long as you don't drop it, it's a lifetime buy.

its a shame the glass ones arent £10 any more! ive just bought myself 3 new glass dildos though... x