Dirty 30

I've always had a fairly high sex drive but, in the past few months, it has noticably skyrocketed for no apparent reason. Luckily my OH is more than happy to accomodate my needs so it's not a problem in the slightest (it's blooming brilliant to be honest!) but I was wondering if my age (mid-30s) has anything to do with it. Maybe my body is aware that my fertility may be starting to reach its peak/starting to decline and this is its attempt to get me to make babies before it's 'too late'. Tough luck for my body then because OH has been vasectomised and I have never wanted kids (and still don't) but hooray for me/our sex life:-) .

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced a similar thing around the same age.

You may find this thread interesting
https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/sex-tips-and-talk/1572169-sexual-peak/

It seems to be quite a few people reach a sexual peak at some point in their life and the 30's seems to be it for some.

Demonica wrote:

I've always had a fairly high sex drive but, in the past few months, it has noticably skyrocketed for no apparent reason. Luckily my OH is more than happy to accomodate my needs so it's not a problem in the slightest (it's blooming brilliant to be honest!) but I was wondering if my age (mid-30s) has anything to do with it. Maybe my body is aware that my fertility may be starting to reach its peak/starting to decline and this is its attempt to get me to make babies before it's 'too late'. Tough luck for my body then because OH has been vasectomised and I have never wanted kids (and still don't) but hooray for me/our sex life:-) .

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced a similar thing around the same age.

Absolutely spot on , mother nature is a fantastic thing.

This tends to coincide with more confidence too. Less worried body issue and prepared to go get what you want in your love life.

Enjoy it x

In my 30's was when my sex drive sky rocketed, it was high before then as well but apart from a few hormonal issues it hasn't slowed down really. 😊

I reach 45 a couple of years ago and my sex drive went through the roof.
Unfortunately my oh couldn't help so I had to look elsewhere and that has lead to lots and lots of fun

Thanks for the link to the other thread Heidi920 and all the other comments everyone. Very interesting reading. I also agree with the 'increased confidence with age' theory. Whatever the reason I intend to embrace it wholeheartedly!

Yeah absolutely
I'm 35 and I am most definetly in this stage! lol

Yes, I'd say I've been more interested in sex since giving up the pill and getting into my 30s. I now have a toddler, and though I'm happy to stick with the one child, I'd happily 'pretend to create more.' I think playing with toys has helped too, as I've learnt more about what my body likes.

Hi you should worry - am over 60 and still in need on a daily basis - almost wish it would cease!

Hate to sisillusion you but your fertilityb is way past it's peak. In obstetric terms, 26 is old.

Glad to hear that you are really rocking your body though. Who gives a flying f*** about procreation? Nature gave me all this sensitive tissue and it feels amazing.

**removed by moderator**Â