disposing of old sex toys

... or as I refer to it "decomissioning weapons of ass destruction"

Over the past 2 or 3 years I've bought several dildos, butt plugs etc from LH as I explore what it is I do and don't like when it comes to solo anal sex play.. Whichs of them are my favourites is constantly evolving as I add to my collection and so many of them are now gathering dust out of use. I don't want to end up having to rent the flat next door and knock through to accomodate my sex toy wing so I really need to start trimming my collection.

I doubt if there's a charity who can take them away sterilise them and give them to perverts in need and the thought of somebody finding them in my rubbish does not bother me too much but if the person who found them were to try to use them? yuk!

Any tips on how to dispose of excess sex toys safely whilst putting them beyond use?

Some useful tips, plus a link to recycling https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/sex-toys/1869259-disposing-toys/

Unfortunately (very reluctantly) I had to dispose of my deluxe teddy babe doll a few months ago, this was due to me having to selling my house and not having anywhere to store her, but frustratingly I was days away from exchanging contracts at the beginning of this month, and now the solicitors have told me it’s on hold for a considerable time, due to the current situation. I miss her.

I think if you send them to Lovehoney, they will dispose of them safely for you.

We were discussing this earlier today, as we have accumulated a couple of drawers full of toys, but only a few see frequent use. Anything battery powered would have to go to the local recycling centre, otherwise ordinary butt plugs and dildos can go in the bin.

Ah man. reduce, reuse, recycle πŸ˜‡ I cant say I woudnt after a good clean and maybe a condom 🧐

The small appliance skip at our local recycling center is very large and easy place to toss unused, unwanted or life-expired toys!

If you look at the link above from Dances with Penguins or the quote below you will see that Lovehoney will recycle anything with moving or vibrating parts. Anything else is up to you.

"You can send us anything that is classed as WEEE (Waste Electrical or Electronic Equipment). If it's a sex-toy, it must have vibrating parts - we do not accept dildos."

Trash. No one is going to be pulling your sex toys out of the trash. And if they do, you can't help them anyway!

UDayton214 wrote:

Trash. No one is going to be pulling your sex toys out of the trash. And if they do, you can't help them anyway!

toys with rechargable batteries should NOT be thrown in the trash as batteries can explode if they happen to get thrown in a incinerator.