Disposing toys

How does everyone dispose of toys that contain a rechargeable battery? I know it can’t be thrown in the bin due to the battery. Has a fairly old toy recently die on me and not sure how to properly dispose it.

I know I'm a bit odd because this has been discussed on here before, but personally I quite enjoy the risqué nature of responsibly disposing of old vibes at my local recycling centre.

Gosig wrote:

I know I'm a bit odd because this has been discussed on here before, but personally I quite enjoy the risqué nature of responsibly disposing of old vibes at my local recycling centre.

Lol. I have a mental image of you now getting braver and braver in how you carry them across the recycling centre.

Gosig wrote:

The agony of choice, do they go in the plastics bin, the electronic goods, or general waste. You could always ask one of the employees for help. Save Britain Recycle Responsibly. 👍

If you google WEEE disposal in your local area you should be able to find info on how to dispose of this type of thing

Me and my girlfriend had a problem with this when we were still living at home, couldn’t throw it in the general waste bins at home 😂 So we got in my car with a bag of sex toys we didn’t want anymore, then we spent ages driving around trying to find a bin that had no one around or watching us, it took us ages. Then when we eventually found one I couldn’t get the toys in the bin, I could see someone walking down the street so I just rammed them in and quickly drove off, absolute nightmare. Another time we found a bin in a graveyard and chucked them in that and drove off quickly. This isn’t how you should get rid of toys, the absolute disasters we’ve nearly had, thankfully we’ve just got our first house now so we don’t have any problems now.

Need to be disposed of with thought and not fly-tipped I am sure that we have all seen the viral video of the dog trotting along with a pink carelessly discarded vibrator in its mouth. 😂😂😂😂

DLJL wrote:

Gosig wrote:

The agony of choice, do they go in the plastics bin, the electronic goods, or general waste. You could always ask one of the employees for help. Save Britain Recycle Responsibly. 👍

I've always gone for small electrics.

To those who are just chucking them, I think as is so often the case, no one else really cares about you having toys as much as you feel embarrassed about them, so do the right thing and recycle responsibly. As if anyone is going to say anything even if they see you flamboyantly lobbing a carfull of toys into the correct bins whilst singing about wanking. As I said, that's why I take a bit of perverse pleasure in it.

You could always contact your local council and ask for their advice 🤣

I felt nervous when I took my deluxe teddy babe doll to my local refuse centre.